Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
It never even occurred to me that DotD and EoT were interlinked. And I’ve watched each of them a few times. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Why on earth were the Smith/Capaldi/Whittaker blu-ray collections only released in Germany? They’re a much better solution than individual series sets. :(

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

The 60th anniversary Peter Capaldi Years box set from Germany turned up today. For an official release it feels very bootleggy. The case is massive and the discs are all out of order.

It has a little booklet of interviews with the cast though, shame it’s all in German.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Watched Parting of the Ways today. Christ, Tennant was young. His face. So sharp.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Feels odd to call somebody in their mid-30s young, but yeah holy poo poo he looks like a little babby wearing a leather jacket, it's kinda amazing.

I've just realised I'm now older than Tennant was when he became the Doctor, so yeah he's definitely young. 😓

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I never want to see the Paternoster gang again. I rewatched the first Capaldi episode a few weeks back which reminded me of how irritating they were.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Whenever I read the synopses of Chibnall-era episodes, even those which I know I definitely watched, I have absolutely no recollection of them. I quit at some point during his second series thinking I no longer liked Doctor Who, but as it turns out I just didn’t like his way of doing it.

I’m currently rewatching the old series. I’m halfway through series 4 (next up is The Doctor’s Daughter lol) and it’s reminded me about how ridiculously fun it was. The giant plot holes absolutely infuriate my wife, but I keep telling her not to think about them.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I’m re-reading The Writer’s Tale at the moment and just came across a bit where RTD briefly imagines ten years in the future when Joseph Lidster is in charge of the Thirteenth Doctor. Ten years’ time was 2019. lol.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Doctor Who is the cover feature in SFX magazine this month. Interview with RTD, Ncuti and Millie has spoilers.

First of all, can we please put the tabloid rumours about Millie to bed?
RTD: Not leaving. Not at all. We were ordered for two years of a series off Disney, and we're delivering two years, and the Ruby Sunday story literally spans those two years. We are planning [to] shoot the [season two] finale in which Ruby has the most magnificent scenes, and Millie, it's some of your most challenging material yet, isn't it? It will all make sense once you see it play out. It's very unfortunate that these things make the papers.

We're in a very difficult position, because you can't answer rumour, you can't speak to rumour, we can't try and pin it down because the internet will just run away and will either misinterpret or will decide that the Princess of Wales has been replaced by four cats in a wig.

So it's that you cannot begin to answer this sort of stuff. But you will see the love that we have for Millie and the extraordinary stories that Ruby's about to go on over the next two years. I guarantee you that.

That is a problem with shooting the second series while you're still doing the first series.
All sorts of problems can happen that way that we saw coming, but what do we do? Stop shooting? No. We're making such a good show.

I'm burning for people to see the story of Ruby Sunday. It's amazing and has so much mileage in it. And it's still burning. It's wonderful. I can't wait for you to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I’m slowly rewatching oldnewwho and am on series 5 at the moment. The angels two-parter is excellent, but that final scene with horned-up Amy is so out of place for what is essentially a 'family' show.