Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Loved that show. It wasn't until much later in life I realized what the hell the Crystal Maze episode was all about.

When (or where) did you watch it? The two shows were being shown around the same time, so anyone who’d have watched MM in the UK would have been aware of The Crystal Maze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

IIRC it was said they were chosen for Time and the Rani because they could write a serviceable script on very short notice, and when Cartmel started as script editor he realized they had nothing to film, and needed to start filming very soon.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

I’ll allow them Hurndall in The Five Doctors, since it was an anniversary special, they included the other four doctors and it made sense to complete the set.

The trouble with Bradley is that there’s no need for him. You didn’t need a badly written first doctor in Twice Upon a Time, and his other appearances seem to have come from establishing him as the ‘new’ first doctor. The Power of the Doctor would have just used Davison through McGann.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Wasn’t there a suggestion that Vinder was supposed to be Captain Jack, but got scrapped after the whole Barrowman situation?

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

I really enjoyed Bang-Bang-a-Boom!, but I think that depends how you feel about a story which would fit in with Season 24, spoofing 70s sci-fi and is overall very camp and silly.

Plus I think it was a Gareth Roberts one…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I'm probably misremembering things, but I thought it was known Barrowman was a sexpest by the time the episode was being filmed? I do recall it wasn't a positive reaction seeing him back on air either way.

It’s been common knowledge for over 15 years now - to the extent that it was a joke in the video the production team made when RTD left. It doesn’t help that exposing yourself isn’t uncommon in acting circles, however Barrowman overdid it.

The main difference is that society has thankfully changed, and now what was acceptable no longer is. Had it not been for Noel Clarke’s outing as a sex pest and subsequent outing of what Barrowman did, then it would have been quietly ignored as it has been and I doubt anything would have happened.

Although I do wonder whether Fraser Hines still gleefully talks about how he and Troughton used to play pranks on Debbie Watling and Wendy Padbury which typically led to their clothes coming off…