Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

MikeJF posted:

Mickey regenerated.

Mickey is now played by a new actor every time he appears, no one comments on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Edward Mass posted:

I've always wanted to see a Doctor Who episode with the setting of the Klondike Gold Rush. Obviously the villains wouldn't be Cybermen, but there's plenty to mine there.

Gold Cybermen

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m gonna build a random classic Doctor Who episode picker, but it will only suggest Ghost Light.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Technically my first classic serial had to have been a Seventh Doctor story, because his intro unlocks some deep, core childhood memory in me that I can’t place. Probably on PBS while I was 4 and running a fever.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Jerusalem posted:

Hated the Timeless Child as a concept, really irritated by a lot of what Chibnall did and more importantly what he wasted potential wise... but one thing I'll always credit him for is casting Jo Martin as the Fugitive Doctor. The Fugitive Doctor doesn't make a goddamn lick of sense and it doesn't matter at all because her portrayal of the character is just great.

Fugitive is the 6b Doctor who temporarily had her memory wiped/filled with fake memories to do covert Timelord poo poo before turning into Pertwee.

The Division and Timeless Child stuff is just the wacky false identity they came up with and The Master discovered it with zero context, taking it as literal truth because he’s a big dummy.

Boom, solved.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It really does reek of someone who was young during the wilderness years, brain full of Cartmel what could have been, and then not being able to resist that impulse when he actually got control of the show.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it’s just that it was implemented in a very poor way.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Detective No. 27 posted:

(LD and Prodigy are easily the best NuTrek)

SNW is prob my favorite Trek since DS9 ended.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
JNT was just a mountain of coke vaguely fashioned into the shape of a person

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s also the combination of the coat and the striped yellow pants and the blue polka dot clown bow thing he had going on. The coat on its own is loud but not horrible. The whole ensemble makes me think of a bad clown though.

I seem to recall someone here actually has a Colin coat that looked pretty good? I wanna say it was DoctorWhat?

I had the honor of seeing DoctorWhat’s coat in person, and it was magnificent.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Still a little disappointed about only getting eight episodes. Would love a surprise announcement that each one is 70-90 minutes, but that won’t happen.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
73 Yards

Valyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Regular Wario posted:

is brian may a new doctor? is he going to rip sick guitar solos?

Huh apparently Anita Dobson is married to Brian May. That’s awesome.