Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I was sure he said they planned to "ascend" to something akin to the Eternals and essentially cease to exist as material/physical beings, wiping out the rest of the universe to "win" the war while protecting those Rassilon deemed worthy of joining him?

I'll need to rewatch it though. As you note in your other post, I remembered a much smaller assembly of Time Lords then you say there was, so I thought it was a few hundred people at most with just a couple of the "elites" dissenting (with the suggestion they may have been Romana and Susan, or at least maybe I just made that assumption?) as opposed to tens of thousands if not more.

Edit: here it is from the transcript:

Rassilon: We will initiate the Final Sanction. The end of time will come at my hand. The rupture will continue until it rips the Time Vortex apart.
Master: That's suicide.
Rassilon: We will ascend to become creatures of consciousness alone. Free of these bodies, free of time, and cause and effect, while creation itself ceases to be.

So basically Rassilon's plan was essentially very close to Davros' "Reality Bomb", except Davros intended to just sit outside of reality with the Daleks while the rest of reality was wiped out, then return to exist in a state where the ONLY thing was existed physically was the Daleks (who would promptly set about having a civil war over what counted as a Dalek, I'm sure).

Honestly with the context of the recent episodes it kinda sounds like Rassilon was trying to become the Not-Things from Wild Blue Yonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU