Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Khanstant posted:

Now she's stuck being typecast as ... avatars.

You're thinking of Zoe Saldana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Finished Angels Take Manhattan. I forgot that this episode was really good, huh.

The plot is nonsense, but the emotions hit. That said, there's only one thing about that episode that's refused to leave my head from the moment I first watched it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Matt Smith could be that at times, although I don't think he did it quite as much as Baker did. He also distinctly... gangled.

"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your arms about?"

"Yes" *flails arms* "No."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

As much as I love River, Husbands is the best conclusion she could have had I think.

Also, Husbands was a fantastic episode.

"Finally. It's my turn."

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8

The crime was that Capaldi and Kingston only had that one episode. Putting River on the shelf after the Smith Era was probably the correct decision, but goddamn Twelve and River had chemistry.
e: :doh:

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 20, 2024

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

For a second there, your typo had me all hype for a Thirteen episode I'd somehow missed.

For some reason as I was typing I had the "No sir, all Thirteen!" line from Day of the Doctor running through my head and welp.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Khanstant posted:

The Rosa episode bowls over so many important elements even before they decided the plot would involve the fam discriminating against Rosa Parks even elementary school books covered the topic with more depth in a couple paragraphs.

Now it's been an eternity since I was in elementary school, but my recollection of what we learned about Rosa Parks was that she was simply a tired woman who one day said gently caress this poo poo, and not an active member of the NAACP spoiling for a fight over segregation. So in my case, the episode did teach me things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Effortless charm
https://twitter.com/ew/status/1780265037455851861