Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
microscopic Daleks, Cyberman rain, the new specials have got me interested in Doctor Who again but now all the memories of why I stopped watching are coming back lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Someone pointed out that when UNIT takes possession of the Toymaker box they say to store it under salt, so yeah fantasy is reality!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I'm very upset that Dr who doesn't 100% reflect my opinions on what people don't count as people.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Honestly I really liked the whole rope hacking thing.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I don't think it was the character himself, I was just getting fed up with the show. Cyber-brigadier was my breaking point, I found it offensive and I haven't even seen any episodes with him lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I just can't get over the part in Nightmare in Silver where Warwick Davis' character is like "Yeah they blew up several solar systems to stop the cybermen, killing trillions, but you know who I feel bad for? The guy who had to pull the trigger".

Then you find out he's the guy that pulled the trigger...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

It was dumb, but I did like the bit in kill the moon when one of the school girls mentions posting about this on tumblr and the future astronaut woman goes "My gran used tumblr"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I liked that brief shot of the dressing room you see at the start of 10's run.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

eggs
do
not
work
that
way

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Hell, if they were just like 'it was implanted under the surface to gestate and it's been incubating and if it causes much more damage hatching than it's already doing, fragments of the Mopn crust flung free will rain down and kill billions' it'd make a lot more sense.

Well that was one of the reasons why they wanted to kill it, they didn't know that the moon egg shell would magically disintegrate in to harmless sparkles when it hatched.

The moon had probably killed millions of people, the magically increased mass had made the tides go crazy and had destroyed all the contemporary space launch infrastructure which is why they used the old shuttle, and if that stuff was destroyed it had to have massively damaged all the many cities that are built on the oceans.

Like in an abortion metaphor this is a baby that is actively killing the mother, but you just have to have hope that it all magically turns out fine(millions dead).

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

If it was the only moon whale and the entire universe would have shunned us for killing it, they should have sent someone to explain what was going on:colbert:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

It's important to remember that Dr. Who is a show for children. Sometimes it is a show for children who don't know what the moon is, or even what words are.

My little Timmy got sent home after he got in a massive fight with another boy who laughed at him when he said that the moon was an egg full of spiders.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

And at least in Beast Below's case it wasn't just a total shot in the dark, Amy actually sees the space whale demonstrating affection for the children. It's also a nice demonstration of how a good Doctor/companion dynamic works, while the Doctor is hyperfixating on the problem presented to him and assuming everything is all down to him again, Amy is noticing the small details and seeing human empathy.

Just ate everyone else though lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Did the master do that personally? I thought it was just something that they did to survive, then he found them and brought them back to current day.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Isn't there an episode where she gets mad at a guy for wanting to shoot the giant killer spiders with a gun, and her solution was to instead lock them all in a freezer to freeze/suffocate/starve/canibilise each other?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Its like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where the Vogons were tasked with destroying the earth, so they did, in every alternate universe, timeline, and dimension. Very thorough.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Appeared on Chibnal who, a capital crime.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I wasn't sure what this anonymous thing was and in looking it up I found that imdb considers big finish to be a podcast series lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:toot:

Though in what I've seen with other fandom wikis now there will be two wikis lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Fandom is the company that has all the millions of fan wikis and they're quite terrible.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Remember when they removed all the videos on the official youtube chamnel to build up hype for the Flux? lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

A teaser for a trailer, since that seems to be the way of things now.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Its not even half a year:confused:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The 10th doctor and the next doctor:colbert:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I just like how practically every image I've seen of the Doctor from the timeless child episode is her having to angle her head awkwardly to stare at some thing.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Was that Rose (Noble) in UNIT?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

SiKboy posted:

Thing is, this guess does kind of require the Disney corporation to not really understand how most TV shows are written and the timescales involved.

Have you not seen how messed up and rushed a lot of disney productions have been for the past decade or so??

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Every time you time travel it burns up a child like the machine in heaven sent. How does that make you feel doctor??

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hoover up that Flux for us.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Its really good that that guy in the halloween mask teleported in and solved all our problems while we watched from off screen.

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 8, 2024

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I still love how one of their ideas for marketing was to delete all the videos off the official channel.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Whereas he should actually have done a Tikka to Ride and stopped Oswald shooting Kennedy

Fulfill Gene Roddenberry's vision and have the doctor be the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Updog Scully posted:

So she's reaching up in the low angle shot, but when it cuts to the wide angle she's standing there with her arms by her side. A basic continuity error which is indicative of the shoddiness of Chibnall's production. Unless this is an edit made by the gif maker.

Its a video so you can see that the actual order of the shots is the distant shot then the close up shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Wonder if we'll ever get an episode with giants.

I mean, we just got the not things.