Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I can see them bringing back 14, since it feels like there's maybe some more room for character development to happen there, but otherwise I'd rather they didn't do another multi-Doctor story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

lines posted:

It's really amazing the show survived Chibnall. Would you believe I hadn't given up on him at this point? It took Flux to finish me off, against all rationality.

The funny thing about the Chibnall era was that at the end of every single series I came out of it thinking it was total poo poo, but then I tried to keep an open mind for the start of the next series... just to eventually be beaten down into total hatred again by the end.

I was so happy with last year's specials, because even though I think the episodes had the occasional weak moment, it was on the whole 4 episodes in a row that I actually liked. There genuinely isn't a streak of good episodes that long in the entire Chibnall era.

Looking back I think the closest I can find to 4 good episodes in a row is Demons of the Punjab -> Kerblam -> Witchfinders -> It Takes You Away, but even that includes the absolute nonsense that is Kerblam's twist.

EDIT: Oh also, something that blew my mind recently is that until the new season starts broadcasting in May, Flux (from 2021!!) is still the most recent series of Doctor Who. Mad.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 30, 2024