Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Sylvester McCoy's in ep. 3 of the new Father Brown series, if you can stand it. He's playing a doctor, rolling his R's and even plays the spoons briefly. An easy morning for the casting director there.

e: certainly plenty of Scottish noises

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Maybe they've got The Smugglers and The Space Pirates and nobody gives a poo poo.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

I just rewatched Seeds of Doom for the first time in god knows how many years, and

- It's really entertaining, better than I remember
- why do the Antarctic people have a gun? For vicious penguins?
- you're right, Doctor, the music is terrible
- Hargreves is played by 'Seymour Green'? Seriously?

Anyway, lovely stuff. Followed up with Masque of Mandragora and Time Meddler, all great.

Later I watched Pointless where, in the final, they had to name any episode title from the Jodie Whittaker era. Not one person from the 100 people surveyed knew any of them at all.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Starting to think Seeds of Doom needed more leopard seals. Maybe put krynoid-infected leopard seals in the new series RTD?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Counterpoint: The Gunfighters is loving great, especially the song.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

You cannot enter the tomb! It's far too dangerous! Hang on, I'll just open it up for you...

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

DavidCameronsPig posted:

Also, there's a whole bunch of landmarks missing - no London eye, no City skyscrapers, no Isle of Dogs, but given what she's wearing that might not be present day London. What's there would all fit with an alternative 60s-mid90s London - another bit one for a theme of time being constantly rewritten?

Pretty sure that is from the 60s episode, the shot just a couple of seconds after that has the Doctor in his 60s outfit holding her and looking at (presumably) the same devastation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Narsham posted:

The Tsuranga Conundrum: TARDIS appears on a planet-wide junkyard or something, the Doctor and Fam get separated from it almost instantly and end up on an emergency medical ship or something. I recall liking this one because all the characters got to do something and the "enemy" was Nibbler from Futurama

Huh. Nibbler. Pet of Turanga Leela. Never noticed that.