Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Hollismason posted:

LMAO at the Doctor threatening to kill everyone with a deadly Jelly Baby.

Supposedly the script had the Doctor threatening someone with a knife but Tom Baker thought that was out of character, so he just said "Why don't I use a jelly baby? They aren't supposed to know what it is anyway."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Narsham posted:

I love a good Robert Holmes story like (almost) everyone else, but he has a mixed record in this specific area. There’s some really ugly subtext that never quite goes away: The Two Doctors handles “the uplifted savage” in a pretty imperialist manner, even concluding that the savage cannot be civilized or overcome genetics. In a story where a major plot-point is identifying something genetic to Time Lords that facilitates time travel, that’s especially cringeworthy.

I was watching that just yesterday and good god that message is constant, and usually coming from the Doctor. Apparently there was a deleted line in which the Doctor compares Androgums to Native Americans and Australian Aborigines. Yeah. Meanwhile, Attack of the Cybermen had a deleted line in which the Doctor sees the black stealth Cyberman and asks if it's in a minstrel show.

The Sontarans in The Two Doctors have some good dialogue but they mainly just seem to stand around and you wonder why they're there. Also, the padding had to be removed from their costumes to keep the actors from dying in the Spanish heat, so they're the skinniest Sontarans you've ever seen.

I was watching the Blu-ray with the info text on, and it pointed out the continuity error with Troughton's Doctor working for the Time Lords, but then it basically said that only lame obsessive fans would care about it. Seriously? You can think what you like about the error, but I hate it when one (usually very small) group of fans decides the rules on how to be a cool fan and not a lame one.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/nclskGX.mp4

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Happy birthday Peter Davison.

Also happy deathday Richard Hurndall, who died 40 years ago today (yes, less than six months after The Five Doctors aired).