Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite "C" team?
Cardinals
Clions
Colts
Cowboys
Chiefs
Chargers
C Hawks
Caints
Can't choose
View Results

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao at cowboys fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQ8VwgYqO0&t=1468s

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The only real bummer is that the only consequence for the ref is that he probably won't work a playoff game with that dumbshit explanation that wasn't "I heard wrong, gently caress"

good thing Lions made the playoffs already!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Aren’t we all really. Though I don’t remember ever saying any specific win total

Though do you want me to say I was wrong? Because sure I was wrong

I think they want you to stop posting dumbass takes

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Lol the refs gave the Cowboys the game and Cowboys fans, instead of being glad a bad call went in their favor, are posting for 18 pages saying “nuh uh we’re actually good” no you’re not, loving Dak “oh wow I like this 2 reads and run thing I wish somebody would have invented it earlier” he said from his mountain of fraud money shut up.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

No it's worse than that. I get drinking the koolaide for your team. They are for some reason supporting the refs.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i never hated them. i thanked them for their service

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I think the solution is pretty straightforward: If the refs get a call egregiously wrong, the affected players should be allowed to pile drive them.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Everything in one place in a video breakdown that's pretty quick and references all the post-game interviews:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1741329085073125779?t=G1sL31IhyJgMNU2ysqxpKQ&s=19

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You can't say things like "the refs determined the outcome and handed them the game" when the better team won anyway and no outcome was actually changed

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Fortaleza posted:

You can't say things like "the refs determined the outcome and handed them the game" when the better team won anyway and no outcome was actually changed

lol dammit this is really good

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cavauro posted:

take a big crap

Dropping the refs off at the pool.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Lady Radia posted:

lol dammit this is really good

its masterful but he wont think its so funny when they get destroyed at ford field

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man it feels good to see America's Team, the favorite of the NFL, win a game at home.

Great night, great way to end the year! Feels great!!!!

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

anyway, it’s been a pleasure

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I do not pleasure this

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

I keep seeing people say they should have gone for the XP after the missed 2. But isn't the rule that once you go for the 2 you have to keep doing it until it succeeds or fails? You can no longer kick the XP at that point?

This may be only for pre-snap penalties but I've seen teams switch

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cowboys fans are now obligated to be graceful and accept it when the refs make a mistake that cost them a critical play or else they will hereafter be known as cowbabbies and forced to go to work wearing a pacifier and a bib. Sorry that's the rules.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/redditcowboys/status/1741329256561422681?t=x-SjEUqvaXDadJ294UlJ6Q&s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I think they want you to stop posting dumbass takes

Dropping dumb rear end takes is the entire point of this forum if you stopped people from doing that what would be left

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/1741333825014087755?t=wUCIZgzdulV8Ya2rdtpauw&s=19

Also, once again, even if Detroit DID ask for 68 to be declared, and even if the refs DID declare 68 instead of 70, the lions STILL hosed up the play, and STILL would have gotten a flag

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

68 was at the end of the line and uncovered. What’s the problem

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

blarzgh posted:

https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/1741333825014087755?t=wUCIZgzdulV8Ya2rdtpauw&s=19

Also, once again, even if Detroit DID ask for 68 to be declared, and even if the refs DID declare 68 instead of 70, the lions STILL hosed up the play, and STILL would have gotten a flag

He doesn’t have to be covered if he’s eligible.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

He can’t be covered. That’s why the receiver moved off the line. The play was solid

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Hey lions fans, let's trade; y'all can have your call on the lineman if you'll give us this tripping call earlier that was Called on Hendershot, but was committed by Hutchinson

https://twitter.com/BryanBroaddus/status/1741349297164095847?t=1UrULV1bjupKL-lxFackTQ&s=19

That call goes the Right way, the game is over and you never get a chance to run the 2 point play

Quit bitching

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

He doesn’t have to be covered if he’s eligible.

And can't be covered up legally in that case.

The Lions had a probably legal play that was too tough for the refs to figure out once they messed up who was reporting eligible seems to be the case at the end of the day here. The Lions didn't have a time out to try and fix it. And the refs seem to be spending all of their time explaining every possible avenue where if they didn't mess things up it was still the right thing to call some sort of penalty.

It's all one whole big disaster that's going to have people yelling for quite a while.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Cowboys fans are now obligated to be graceful and accept it when the refs make a mistake that cost them a critical play or else they will hereafter be known as cowbabbies and forced to go to work wearing a pacifier and a bib. Sorry that's the rules.

How about eat poo poo since it's not like Cowboys fans can do anything to be in anyone's good graces

The 90s clearly traumatized some folks

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

How about eat poo poo since it's not like Cowboys fans can do anything to be in anyone's good graces

it's wild. do you think Zoomers give a gently caress about the Cowboys? I mean the Cowboys are kind of like the Chargers to anyone under the age of 25

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean, I hope no one is actually mad at the fans for this. Yeah yeah gently caress the cowboys haw haw. But the officials made some poo poo calls all game/year and I feel like we should all come together to say, "gently caress the referees". Nobody's fans got anything to do with that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

blarzgh posted:

Hey lions fans, let's trade; y'all can have your call on the lineman if you'll give us this tripping call earlier that was Called on Hendershot, but was committed by Hutchinson

https://twitter.com/BryanBroaddus/status/1741349297164095847?t=1UrULV1bjupKL-lxFackTQ&s=19

That call goes the Right way, the game is over and you never get a chance to run the 2 point play

Quit bitching

McCarthy calls three throws in a row, Lions get the ball back, go down the field, score a TD and a 2 point conversion. Lions win.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean, I hope no one is actually mad at the fans for this. Yeah yeah gently caress the cowboys haw haw. But the officials made some poo poo calls all game/year and I feel like we should all come together to say, "gently caress the referees". Nobody's fans got anything to do with that.

I think it bugged me because no one flies the "gently caress all refs, all sports" flag higher and harder than me

I'm consistent

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MJeff posted:

McCarthy calls three throws in a row, Lions get the ball back, go down the field, score a TD and a 2 point conversion. Lions win.

Lions lost.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bip Roberts posted:

Lions lost.

I'm aware. But we're discussing hypotheticals, and in the posited hypothetical, the Lions win.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MJeff posted:

I'm aware. But we're discussing hypotheticals, and in the posited hypothetical, the Lions win.

Hmm would the scoreboard be cowboys 20, lions 19 in the hypothetical where the lions won?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Eating kneecaps coach tries the most convoluted nonsense ever and gets big mad when people get confused. Just play normal bro.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bip Roberts posted:

Hmm would the scoreboard be cowboys 20, lions 19 in the hypothetical where the lions won?

No, it wouldn't.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Eating kneecaps coach tries the most convoluted nonsense ever and gets big mad when people get confused. Just play normal bro.

Why did they get confused about something they already had explained to them in detail?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

You're right about one thing here

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Are you also a sundowning geriatric that is easily confused when more than one person crosses your line of sight because that’s the only way I can fathom thinking “guy reports as eligible, then plays as eligible receiver, while other people are also in the vicinity” is convoluted nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

Quit bitching

why should this make anyone less mad? If anything you should also be mad at the refs for almost costing Dallas the game!