Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will it?
Yes
No
View Results

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

linux is great, except android, chromeos and ubuntu. it would be more evident to all if it wasn't for all of it's consumer-facing use being the bad ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"linux is great except when you use it"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if you order the wrong dell laptop and it comes with ubuntu you immediately flunk out of college for life.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

akadajet posted:

if you order the wrong dell laptop and it comes with ubuntu you immediately flunk out of college for life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sweevo posted:

"linux is great except when you use it"

linux when i use it is the perfect tool for the job

linux when you use it is a deranged choice that makes everything worse

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

she was gonna drop out of school anyway. you can just use pen and paper or like, the schools computer labs or libraries or …

if she hosed up her money for a semester on a bad purchase just get some poverty spec poo poo in the interim or ride it out until the next semester when loans come in and get smth else

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OldAlias posted:

she was gonna drop out of school anyway. you can just use pen and paper or like, the schools computer labs or libraries or …

if she hosed up her money for a semester on a bad purchase just get some poverty spec poo poo in the interim or ride it out until the next semester when loans come in and get smth else

no. it’s clearly Linux’s fault

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the bad old days when dsl modems didn't have built-in pppoe auth

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the good old days when dsl modems just acted like ethernet bridges, and you didn't need pppoe, just straight dhcp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

no. it’s clearly Linux’s fault

and the reporters were pretty kind as it was, her life was ruined, they took it easy on that operating system for penguins

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Ubuntu Linux made me obliterate my dick and balls with a hammer

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

outhole surfer posted:

the good old days when dsl modems just acted like ethernet bridges, and you didn't need pppoe, just straight dhcp

I dunno what kind of benevolent isp you had but most of them needed pppoe, at least in the us

im guessing some telecom act of 96 compliance garbage to give the illusion of competition by it being theoretically possible to authenticate with other ISPs despite there being no other isp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thought you said you needed pee

Jan 14, 2024

chrome's new update looks like some kids poo poo from 2004. Serious questions of competence & memory Larry & Sergey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Ubuntu Linux made me obliterate my dick and balls with a hammer

ubuntu linux elbow dropped cm punk in the cock