Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will it?
Yes
No
View Results

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The_Franz posted:

the saddest thing is that this implies that there are people who have so little going on in their lives, that they have nothing better to do than cheat in online bideo james

i mean, i was 16 once too, but even as an immature, socially stunted, dateless weirdo, i still had better things to do with my time

yeah but now people play for (a lot of) money. i can see that being a good motivator to cheat

anyway all this means is that wine will get vanguard support, or at least a bare-minimum implementation to fool it into working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tunicate posted:

I tried dual booting ubuntu, and intaller I got had a known bug where telling it to install over a particular partition would instead reformat the whole drive, which they helpfully didn't mention on the download page.

Which ended any interest i had in using linux because Bill never pulled that poo poo on me.

ubuntu

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

seeing how intimately familiar you are with where the grey linux thread is maybe you should stay there

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

lol, yeah, what kind of utter rube would use the, arguably, most well known version of Linux, one often touted as being fairly approachable to a new user, and expect it to not have a critical bug in the installer?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

seeing how intimately familiar you are with where the grey linux thread is maybe you should stay there

rude

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Branch Nvidian posted:

lol, yeah, what kind of utter rube would use the, arguably, most well known version of Linux, one often touted as being fairly approachable to a new user, and expect it to not have a critical bug in the installer?

The installer saw that LOL was installed and removed the malware for them.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol @ the existence of yospos snobbery

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

only thing worse is unironic os stans doing driveby "oh you installed the wrong linux"

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
the only correct linux, is the free linux, GNU Hurd

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Mr. Crow posted:

the only correct linux, is the linux free, GNU Hurd

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol at getting miffed about someone ragging on ubuntu itt.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i cant believe someone would have the GALL to make fun of someones os in this of all places!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

furthermore, ziasquinn is right about ubuntu,

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bad mood monday quad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

specifically they are right about linux, as ubuntu is what linux is

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

grey forums also have unironic android recommenders/defenders

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

The_Franz posted:

grey forums also have unironic android recommenders/defenders

:chloe:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

imagine NOT ragging on Other Forums. couldnt be me.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

forum is green, your conscience is clean
forum is grey, you must stay away

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

the worst are the people who override styles so that green forum is gray.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

post hole digger posted:

Forum is amber, you were hit in the head with a hammer.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
your forum color is a piece of poo poo

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

FlapYoJacks posted:

Forum is amber, you were hit in the head with a hammer.

gander amber get pampered

green screen? unclean, obscene

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
forum is amber, go straight to the slammer

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

your forum color is a piece of poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

monitor

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
fr tho, i use ubuntu on my server and its fine. tbh i have a harder time understanding why someone would prefer debian? I guess just because its EVEN MORE STABLE?

that bug sounds stupid af though

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i use debian, way to double down you gently caress!

fr tho w/e, i do enjoy having a bit angrier a linux thread as the usual one is a bit of a hugbox.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ziasquinn posted:

fr tho, i use ubuntu on my server and its fine. tbh i have a harder time understanding why someone would prefer debian? I guess just because its EVEN MORE STABLE?

/

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

ziasquinn posted:

debian is for servers or work stations that dont do anything modern, ubuntu is for introducing you to other, better distros

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/01/why-more-pc-gaming-handhelds-should-ditch-windows-for-steamos/

quote:

Next up: Could SteamOS 3 be coming to a desktop gaming rig near you?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
steam as in steaming pile of poo poo?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

echinopsis posted:

steam as in steaming pile of poo poo?

steam as in delicious steamed hams

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

quote:

(Update: Gaming on Linux reports that Ayaneo will be using an adapted version of Holo ISO, an Arch Linux configuration that describes itself as a "may as well be 99% of the way there" version of Steam Deck's SteamOS that "provide a close-to-official SteamOS experience." Thus it seems that official Valve support for non-Steam-Deck SteamOS distribution may still be a while off.)

so in other words what this means is that ayaneo has partnered with a bunch of crapware groups to bring their particular Value Added nuggets to their product, since there is no official licensing agreement with Valve.

i've pointed out before that every single third party android and windows machine has crapware. not some or most, every single goddamn one. because in a commodity hardware market your margins are razor thin and the crapware is where you make money.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they are suffering as dogs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
finally, linux users can enjoy the windows experience®™

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ubuntu is either for throwaway vms or black box critical vendor software

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

ubuntu is either for throwaway vms or containers