Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I remembered people recommending Luther back in the day and since I've got Peacock for the month I've watched the first season and S2E1.

Is it worth keeping up with? I'm a bit annoyed they keep killing people off and this show being "serial killer of the week".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If season 1 didn’t do it for you, later seasons sure won’t.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It's all downhill from here.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sumo posted:

For an inner city public school, Abbott has soooo many celebrities visit

Haha yeah and its also a really nice looking school inside. I remember a middle school I went to being brand new and looking so torn up after that first year they ended up renovating it a few years later. Maybe just the difference between dirt cheap modern construction and places in cool looking old brick city buildings.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Wife and I finally watched and finished Righteous Gemstones. Will there be another season of this divine offering?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

swickles posted:

Wife and I finally watched and finished Righteous Gemstones. Will there be another season of this divine offering?

Yeah, they've been commissioned for a fourth season.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, they've been commissioned for a fourth season.

Hooray, an HBO show that we really like is actually moving on. After Gay Pirates and Milky Robots, I was worried that we kept picking stuff that gets canceled for some unfathomable reason. At least Doom Patrol got 4 seasons and an ending.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Fallout was renewed.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
This is not what I expected from the Halt and Catch Fire sequel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SNdRF9UIv8

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

swickles posted:

Hooray, an HBO show that we really like is actually moving on. After Gay Pirates and Milky Robots, I was worried that we kept picking stuff that gets canceled for some unfathomable reason. At least Doom Patrol got 4 seasons and an ending.

Milky robots?
With Our Flag Means Death I was so disappointed with series 2 it felt like it was the right thing to do when they cancelled it

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Taear posted:

Milky robots?

Goon code for Raised By Wolves

The fun thing about "milky robots and gay pirates" is that it's a descriptor that equally applies to Westworld and Black Sails as it does Raised By Wolves and Our Flag Means Death.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

This is not what I expected from the Halt and Catch Fire sequel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SNdRF9UIv8

That's a very neat three-minute short film. Nice of them to give it away for free.

Seriously, all I need now is to look up the ending on Wikipedia, and there is no reason to watch the movie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SimonChris posted:

That's a very neat three-minute short film. Nice of them to give it away for free.

Seriously, all I need now is to look up the ending on Wikipedia, and there is no reason to watch the movie.

There is already no reason to watch this upcoming movie because it's a remake of a Danish movie from 2022 that is really loving good and I highly recommend watching.

The ending is insanely uncomfortable.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
You goons are great.

It would be greater if you were younger and still watched good hot mess teen dramas like Heartbreak High, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks thread.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SimonChris posted:

Wow that's really fuckin dumb. Glad I did not watch it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Walking by the break room at work and an episode of the original Walker Texas Ranger was on and Chuck Norris was stopping an airplane with some kind of science gun? It had a terrible looking effect and everything.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
any mention of Walker necessitates this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_SvX4PEbU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Jordan Schlansky shows up in this Argentina episode of Conan's show :allears: This is amazing

Howling with laughter at the entire segment. Conan is the greatest.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bull3964 posted:

Fallout was renewed.

Not sure I’ll tune in again. I went from being totally into the first season to just not caring whatsoever. The characters all loving suck.

(Goggins aside, naturally)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Conan o'Brien sitting in a boat in Thailand just squeezing a rubber duck while not talking is comedy gold.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is it worth watching if you can't stand normal people being heavily featured in Conan's remotes? I usually find it incredibly awkward when he interacts with people even though I think Conan is one of the funniest people alive.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That’s basically the entire reason to watch any of Conan’s remotes, so no, probably not.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s basically the entire reason to watch any of Conan’s remotes, so no, probably not.

There are plenty that's just him goofing around and meeting people who are professionals or whatever and that's fine but I mean is there enough other stuff with just Conan doing stuff that isn't like, him meeting someone random person who is super awkward while he's doing his thing?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The whole premise of the show is that he's going to these countries to meet up with fans that called into his podcast where he talks to fans. But yeah, he does other things in the countries besides just interacting with said fans.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Meeting up with real people is always risky because you never know when one of them is going to be super cringe and make it impossible to watch. I sometimes watch this guy on twitch who makes music and he also has a rig he can wear so he can walk around in public and make music. Sometimes he runs into cool people who help him make a cool song, and sometimes he runs into giant weirdos that make me turn the stream off.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Meeting up with real people is always risky because you never know when one of them is going to be super cringe and make it impossible to watch. I sometimes watch this guy on twitch who makes music and he also has a rig he can wear so he can walk around in public and make music. Sometimes he runs into cool people who help him make a cool song, and sometimes he runs into giant weirdos that make me turn the stream off.

After reading this post, this is all I can think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndwZ9_oJPZ8

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Halfway through episode two of Baby Reindeer and wtf is this guys problem? I'm constantly saying what are you doing in staggering disbelief. Is the twist going to be that he's just as mentally ill as she is if not more so?

edit: finished the episode and I think I have an idea where this might be going.

edit2: The beginning of the next episode "it always does" indicates I'm on the right track. My main prediction for where this is going is: completely off the loving rails in the most unpredictable and ridiculous way I could never have imagined.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 21, 2024

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Vice Principals was loving brilliant. Was that the consensus when it aired?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

escape artist posted:

Vice Principals was loving brilliant. Was that the consensus when it aired?

Yes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kit Harrington recently revealed that his potential GoT spin off is dead. Probably for the best as I'm not sure how interesting a Jon Snow's adventure continues would be.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Stare-Out posted:

Is it worth watching if you can't stand normal people being heavily featured in Conan's remotes? I usually find it incredibly awkward when he interacts with people even though I think Conan is one of the funniest people alive.

It’s still worth watching it, I have it the same way as you and I fast forwarded through a few cringy scenes, but the majority of the time it was not an issue.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

The viking reenactor wizard looking dude was funny as hell

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ok sure, HBO's Oz was a wild ride but do we really need more of it? A short film will be released on YouTube May 1 with the possibility of a series revival.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/hbos-oz-to-get-short-film-sequel-zo/

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Every time I see someone post it, I am amazed that Dark Horizons still exists.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Cael posted:

Every time I see someone post it, I am amazed that Dark Horizons still exists.

Ha, same. Also true for aintitcool.com and chud.com. the chud.com forums in the late 90s was a wild place, approaching SA levels of drama

E: Lol I somehow didn't notice that chud.com hasn't been updated since 2021

isaboo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 21, 2024

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I miss the days of decent news journalism. It was a pretty brief period where you could actually read good editorials and interesting regular columns on some fairly mainstream sites, but these days the only choices are the boring trades, the "The 5 Actors Still Alive from M*A*S*H" clickbait farmers, and the bullshit desperate rumor sites.

:sigh:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Don't forget about the gripping developing news story of "Three random assholes with 28 followers between them said something on Twitter"

Truly hard hitting journalism.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Good journalism costs money, no one buys newspapers anymore, and everyone expects websites to be free.

mystes
May 31, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG45GfgD2JU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

042124_2
Apr 21, 2024
100 years of Eric Andre