Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I just block the ads. Vudu is also an ad-supported platform. So you're best bet will be Goku for streaming or download sharing for soft copies.

:goku:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

:derp: What the hell was that, Mr. And Mrs. Smith finale?! Don't leave me like that!!

Was there any word about more?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Or just buy the recently released, remastered in 4k, bluray release of the same thing and own it forever and never be shackled to "the cloud": https://kinolorber.com/product/columbo-the-1970s-seasons-1-7

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

X-O posted:

Columbo is also $25 currently on iTunes. So I imagine it's a sale that's going to be present in your walled garden of choice.

Thanks for this. I don’t like the Vudu app much.

Wait there’s only 43 episodes? I would have put money on the show having lots more.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks for this. I don’t like the Vudu app much.

Wait there’s only 43 episodes? I would have put money on the show having lots more.

As I recall, each season was 8 episodes or fewer... but they are all like 80-90 minutes long

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

:goku: is the goku to Roku's frieza

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Girls5Eva had a great season on Netflix. I need the song Splenda Daddy on my Spotify! I hope Netflix keeps it at least for a little longer. It's a Tina Fey production, so probably has some hope of more.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm always surprised when people are willing to subject themselves to the ever shifting hellscape of streaming platforms. I know setting up a plex server is a little bit of effort but it's got to be better than endlessly waiting and tracking down your favorite show only for it to move again and you have to go find/pay for it elsewhere.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm always surprised when people are willing to subject themselves to the ever shifting hellscape of streaming platforms. I know setting up a plex server is a little bit of effort but it's got to be better than endlessly waiting and tracking down your favorite show only for it to move again and you have to go find/pay for it elsewhere.

I used to heavily use Plex but once I got to the point where I wasn't desperate for money I started trying to watch things legally.

It's getting harder and harder to stay that way now. So many ads and poo poo interfaces

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Here’s the thing.

I would like them to continue making more of the things I watch.

Me paying for it isn’t a fool proof way to make that happen, but me not paying for it absolutely will not help.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I pay for the things I like and then rip them onto my Plex server.

You can do both.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I pay for the things I like and then rip them onto my Plex server.

You can do both.

Yep, exactly.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Not if it doesn't have a physical release.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Columbo was brought up in this thread and I was going to let goons know: the new show Elsbeth kinda has the same "show the murder, then solve how to catch the murderer" premise. The main actress really sells her kooky character.

Oh and I never saw The Good Wife, but you don't really need to to get this show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Watching Baby Reindeer and just fuckin wow.

I think the perfect couple would be this woman and Paul T. Goldman

Edit - Holy gently caress episode 4 what in the actual gently caress

:psyduck:

Edit again - I thought this show was a comedy but that episode 4 is some goddamn high quality drama, goddamn

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 25, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pan Dulce posted:

:derp: What the hell was that, Mr. And Mrs. Smith finale?! Don't leave me like that!!

Was there any word about more?

Seriously, please make another season I loved the first one and I really don't want it to end like that! :ohdear:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Pan Dulce posted:

Columbo was brought up in this thread and I was going to let goons know: the new show Elsbeth kinda has the same "show the murder, then solve how to catch the murderer" premise. The main actress really sells her kooky character.

Oh and I never saw The Good Wife, but you don't really need to to get this show.

I liked the Good Wife and I've seen three episodes of Elsbeth and it's... okay. It's pretty good? It feels like it has the parts to get to an 8 or 9 out of10 but it's idled down to a 7 at all times.

It seems like the murders are good, and the characters are good, but it can never quite pull off the "Oh... just one more thing," moments that made Columbo own so hard. Whenever Elsbeth solves the murders, it feels a little incidental.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 25, 2024

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, please make another season I loved the first one and I really don't want it to end like that! :ohdear:

Yeah, I like the show, but it always bugs me when a season finale comes off as almost an ultimatum to the broadcaster/streamer to greenlight another season, and this one definitely felt that way.

(Mr. and Mrs. Smith season 1 spoilers)
I also didn't love the decline of their relationship the last few episodes for no particular reason. We didn't see enough of the conflict or deterioration until the couples' counseling episode, and all the tension in the flashbacks seemed unearned. Too much tell, not enough show.

I still enjoyed the series overall, and the two leads are awesome in their roles.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Medullah posted:

Watching Baby Reindeer and just fuckin wow.

Haha holy poo poo, that would lead to some kind of runaway feedback loop meltdown of insane fantasy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pan Dulce posted:

Girls5Eva had a great season on Netflix. I need the song Splenda Daddy on my Spotify! I hope Netflix keeps it at least for a little longer. It's a Tina Fey production, so probably has some hope of more.

Sweet'n Low Daddy :eng101:

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
The Sympathizer is amazing, RDJ at his wacky finest.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Medullah posted:

Who is that?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Taear posted:

Who is that?

A tv show is named after him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've yet to watch Baby Reindeer (it's on the list!) but just the fact there is somebody in it who feels like a "good" match for Paul T. Goldman is horrifying and compelling in equal measure.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer and it hosed me up lmao. And it only gets worse from there???

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alot worse. Actually had to take a break around the end of ep 5.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It's very good, but I also found alerting everyone that it's true crime and not pure fiction to be in pretty poor taste. I noped out before the discourse went in the inevitable direction that it's gone.

Mad happy that Jessica Gunning's career benefits though, she's great.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Alot worse. Actually had to take a break around the end of ep 5.

Yeah I thought it was meant to be a dramatic but humorous story about his stalker, and it started that way, but it takes a dark loving turn in episode 4 that explains some things. I got through episode 5 last night and it really hit me hard.

Paul T Goldman is a much more fun crazy person story.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's very good, but I also found alerting everyone that it's true crime and not pure fiction to be in pretty poor taste. I noped out before the discourse went in the inevitable direction that it's gone.

I'm glad they did, with all the hype I was thinking about watching it, until I saw it was a true crime show.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Cactus posted:

Last ep of baby reindeer. Oh god I'm not even 5 minutes in and I have emotional whiplash.

edit: Oh god that line "I grew up in the Catholic Church." Just delivered point blank with absolutely no further explanation required.

Oh my GOD "There's nothing like getting everything you want in life to realize it's not for you" this show is spitting out wisdom.

And my last edit on this post as I reach the end of the series is that everyone in this story (well, the main characters) are fuckass terrible damaged fuckups, but you can almost say that nobody (out of the main characters in this story) is at fault; they are all reacting to the horrible poo poo done to them, they're taking the only actions that the abnormal circumstances of their situations allow them to see are available. They sabotage their own lives to numb the pain.

Wow. Such a great show.

Obviously wouldn't post it here and it sucks that people are ironically stalking her, but people on Tik Tok found the real Martha's twitter and facebook, and its wild to see she is still stalking and posting paranoid messages and daily mail articles to this day.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Annabel Pee posted:

it sucks that people are ironically stalking her

It took me a second to parse you meant that she was unironically the victim of stalking, and not just the victim of people "ironically" stalking her.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Medullah posted:

Yeah I thought it was meant to be a dramatic but humorous story about his stalker, and it started that way, but it takes a dark loving turn in episode 4 that explains some things. I got through episode 5 last night and it really hit me hard.

Paul T Goldman is a much more fun crazy person story.

I mean even from episode 1 it's never really humorous other than in a dark comedy kinda way

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the stalker is so annoying, I’d tell her to gently caress off immediately

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Honestly the stalker is so annoying, I’d tell her to gently caress off immediately

That was my thought too, I was like "WTF dude go to the goddam police" for the first 3 episodes.

And then I got to episode 4 where the pieces started falling together...

sensenmann420
Jun 24, 2023
Five episode in and I dont think I can enjoy Ripley anymore. The main character is just not someone I can cheer for, he's sort of not a great guy

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Taear posted:

I mean even from episode 1 it's never really humorous other than in a dark comedy kinda way

God I was so relieved that he had actually turned out to be a good comedian. I don't think I could have taken him also being bad at it. .There's only so much anyone could take!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sensenmann420 posted:

Five episode in and I dont think I can enjoy Ripley anymore. The main character is just not someone I can cheer for, he's sort of not a great guy

Wait until you find out about shows like The Sopranos and Seinfeld

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

sensenmann420 posted:

Incredible post

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Baby Reindeer finished, goddam this was a heavy show. I can't remember the last thing that affected me this hard, maybe Dear Zachary , though that was obviously a lot worse.

What a great show that I will never, ever, ever watch again.

I was raised in the Catholic Church literally made my jaw drop.

I know it's based on a true story but man I hope it's heavily embellished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Incredible post

I’m still losing my mind over it honestly. It’s like a 75 year old grandma decided to register an account