Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Watching the ball drop last night and Rose Parade today I've learned my Comcast feed is just a minute delayed on literally every channel and that it's just A Comcast Thing now https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/why-is-live-tv-delayed-45-seconds/6525fa12f8fcd3407e3c627a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Looten Plunder posted:

Letterboxd will be adding TV show functionality this year

I understand why some might react negatively to this, but I for one am excited.

Hrm. I've been logging movies with Letterboxd and TV shows with Trakt and world really rather use do it all in one place and this doesn't make the decision easier

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Finally caught up on the latest episode of Reacher and honestly this season is just incredibly mean spirited and not fun at all. Why is Reacher just murdering people in cold blood and also announcing in front of children that he's gonna go kill some more dudes? Feels bad man.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

For real though those two new seasons of The X-Files are really loving terrible, please don't waste your life watching them. Seasons 1-5 and the first movie are excellent and absolutely worth your time, however.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The Cowboy Bebop adaptation was cool and kinda weird and could have been incredible but we'll never know because the world of TV on streaming platforms is such that you have to create perfection that gets massive engagement within your first season of 8 episodes or you get the axe. It sucks.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The first Reacher movie is really very good, the second one is pretty garbo tho

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Did no one watch the Chris Pine Jack Ryan movie or have we all collectively agreed to pretend it didn't exist since it's so incredibly dire?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

thrawn527 posted:

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot that movie existed. And no, I never saw it. From the trailers, it just looked like a generic action movie, not a Jack Ryan movie at all, and from what I understand, wasn't based on any book. I also haven't bothered with the Amazon show, because it also looks boring as hell.

If you can ignore the fact that the entire thing is jingoistic CIA propaganda, the first season at least is fun especially if you enjoy spy thrillers at all.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

drat, end of an era.

Goren's dead brother is a pretty good replacement imho

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Whoa

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1754980812783763928

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

zoux posted:

We just need to go back to the traditional method of exposition, where Virginia Madsen explains what the fuckin deal is first thing

:hmmyes:

Also I got to see that in a theater for the first time in my life this week and it was :krad:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Never having watched any iteration of this, does the photo mean that this is going to be Even Younger Sheldon or is the couple Dad Sheldon and Sheldon Jr.?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Idk where else to put this but I have to share: https://entertainment.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7356&ic=Items-OpenAuctions-Open-BrowseAuctionInfo-071713

Planet Hollywood selling off a bunch of their movie props. Absolute top tier items going up for sale that I will never be able to afford and don't plan to bid on, but really fun to scroll through nonetheless.

If I was made of money I would get the ear from Blue Velvet that I have now learned contains David Lynch's own hair https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...humbnail-071515

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Just finished two episodes of Fallout and whichever goon said that the pacing was off and every scene just goes on for way too long is spot on. This show needs better, tighter editing. I'll probably keep watching if only for Goggins, but all the Brotherhood of Steel stuff is boring as heck.

For reference, I never played the games and have no knowledge of the backstory beyond what I've seen in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Or just buy the recently released, remastered in 4k, bluray release of the same thing and own it forever and never be shackled to "the cloud": https://kinolorber.com/product/columbo-the-1970s-seasons-1-7