Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

At least I'll always have my precious Jeremy Brett boxset! :swoon:

I just finished The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and started The Return of Sherlock Holmes. Brett is fabulous as Holmes. He is Holmes. I'm sad that David Burke left cause his Watson was exactly what I liked. Not disliking Hardwicke as I only watched the first episode of his.

What a wonderful show. It's so relaxing to watch. And frankly it's a relief from the modern shows with show much technology in it.

I also started Agatha Christie's Poirot as well which is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I didn't mind the Reacher finale but overall felt the investigation aspect itself was just weak.

I still will watch season 3 and see him throw people around and stuff. I do hope it's more just him in a small town passing through

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Cowboy Bebop was good solely cause they have a corgi!
TV shows could be vastly improved with more corgis

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
aww man I completely forgot Lance Reddick is in Percy Jackson. :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just started watching Poirot last month, in between watching Jeremy Brett's Sherlock, and it's fantastic! There's something so great about mysteries that are from that time. Mainly because their is no tech in them but the stories themselves seem more grounded and real.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 6, 2024

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Don't forget the blockbuster that was The Expendables 3

Rousey was going to be in a remake of Roadhouse and they cancelled it cause she was so bad at acting (I don't know if it's the same remake coming out now or completely separate)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

PriorMarcus posted:

So... was he actually her mum?

We don't know. The show never gave a definitive answer.

Because their was a definitive Yes or No, it leaves fans of the show to speculate
A wild fan theory was Spader is actually her mother.

I think a more grounded one was more along the lines that Spader took the identity of Liz's father back in the 80s. Her father being KGB had connections all over and dirt on the right people. Spader basically became him and using the identity created Raymond Reddington 'The Concierge of Crime'.

Liz got killed off. Just gunned down on a street corner and never was on the show again. After that the story of Red faded away for the most part.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Open Source Idiom posted:

Beacon 23 continues to be deeply weird, and to make wild narrative choices. Frequently strange and inadequate ones that it doesn't quite have the skill to pull off, but I can't help but respect them anyway. I can't think of another show that's permanently killed all but one of their cast off halfway through a show. The poo poo usually happens at the start or end.

So, kudos, you insane weirdo. You completely failed to make me feel anything but the black comedy of the situation, but thank you for taking your gimmick to its logical conclusion.

Is she actually gone from the show? I just naturally assumed she will be back alive via the artifact at some point.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm hearing you and I like what I hear

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Medullah posted:

Yeah Dexter and Sons of Anarchy are both shows I would have given up on if the threads hadn't been comedy gold.

The SoA thread in the last season or two were loving amazing. It was Ghost something that posted the absolute best recaps of how crazy stupid the episodes were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Taeke posted:

It's been a while since I've seen it but iirc Haven is very loosely based on a Stephen King short story. One of his supernatural mystery ones, not horror. That doesn't really tell you much except give you a sense of the vibe the mysteries have. I remember it being very moody. Loads of rainy Maine coast shots and stuff.

Eureka on the other hand is all fancy gizmos, crazy gimmicks, lots of bright colors and cheesy jokes. What if a mad scientist genetically engineered idk brocolli so that when people eat it they can walk through walls and a wild west bank robber was accidentally timetravelled here and eats it? It's silly and fun, but also has a lot of heart in a mid 2000s way. You can tell the actors are having fun just hamming it up dealing with rogue robots and whatnot.

Eureka is a all around fun show. Colin Ferguson plays such a lovable dumb sheriff
Also, Joe Morton is great in it