Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gripweed posted:

I watch that British show Taskmaster on Youtube, so sometimes the algorithm recommends me other British game shows, like 8 out of 10 Cats Countdown or Would I Lie To You, and those are decent enough background sounds. But earlier today I watched an episode of this show called Only Connect.

What the gently caress is wrong with Britain? That has run 19 seasons? How? Why? Why hasn't anyone told them to stop?

Shut the gently caress up friendo, Only Connect is incredible. Once you click with it, you become one with the cosmos and begin ascension to godhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

mystes posted:

That's why they're asked to explain the answer though. The explanation is usually pretty clear even if it's later in the season and the actual question is insane and there's no way a normal person or someone who's not British could have gotten it

Literally one time an answer amounted to 'loot quality signifier in MMOs' and I stopped to think about all the baffled regular folks out there who would have had no conceivable clue what the hell they were talking about.

(yes, I got it in one, sue me)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

zoux posted:

I have no idea what the TV landscape is gonna look like in 20 years.

Cyberpunk, innit? 23.5 hours of ads, with brief news bulletins squeezed into the remaining half hour.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Oasx posted:

I have never been big into american comedy tv.

Same, it rarely does anything for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Gah, was feeling almost satisfied at managing to scrape 7 points together going into the final round watching Only Connect this week, only for the final round to leave me staring at the screen like a brain damaged baboon. Duck Duck Goose can gently caress right off!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Hughlander posted:

Wait, I get a chance to see Rachel Reilly murdered!? Why wasn't I informed??

drat it, wrong Rachel Reilly. That could have gotten me to actually watch it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Just finishing up S3 of Slow Horses and literally shouting at the loving screen right now for River to snatch it back, it's so loving obvious what that senile old gently caress is going to do you useless loving muppet! Jesus Christ! No wonder he's stuck there forever, is there a bigger gently caress up on TV?

Still, megalol at Cokehead Shirley saving the day taking out nine PMC wankers, you go girl.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yes, yes, okay, I rescind my earlier statement somewhat. Pah.

He's still mostly loving useless though!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw poo poo, I forgot all about that, probably too late to 'locate' eps from my usual supplier now. Would have liked to see what kind of carnage a young Don could cause.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1762912106700034118

Looks like all that improv work with Steven Merchant and Gervais paid off

"I've got full blown AIDS, Nordberg."

Nothing Liam ever does will be funnier than that scene of him jumping the fence in Taken 3. That poo poo is legit like the Deadliest Joke In The World to me, I laugh so hard I can't breathe whenever I see it. The guy who edited that deserves an Oscar for services to comedy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That Dark City show is its own thing, is that right? They're not all trapped in space by creepy baldies?

Escobarbarian posted:

Still watching through Only Connect episodes whenever I go to visit my mum (we’re on eps that aired in December) and I got a musical sequences question after two clues and I’ve never felt so smart in my goddamn life

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuu

I did get a 5 pointer once but have never gotten a music question right ever, not even a single point. Hell, most weeks I'm happy if I can just scrape into double figures by the final round.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Chairman Capone posted:

Been enjoying Fallout but by far my favorite surprise has been seeing Matt Berry and Walton Goggins interact. That's a combination I never thought I'd see.

I actually think Goggins is great in it, which isn't a surprise so much because he's great in general but most of his screentime is him in what I assume is a mix of heavy prosthetics and CGI. This is the first time I've seen Aaron Moten in anything and I think he does a pretty solid job also.

I've typically been kinda of 'eh' on Goggins because he's exactly the kind of dude Goons love to overhype the poo poo out of without ever being more than perfectly adequate in anything I've seen him in but even I have to admit I'm really digging his performance here.

But then that's Fallout overall though, I had zero expectations of liking it (didn't care for the games at all) but I'm loving absurdly wholesome Lucy's adventures through the hosed up wasteland and her demented interactions with everyone. Also, the opener with Goggins cowboy destroyed me because his kid is the most adorable moppet to ever grace the screen and the thought of any remotely awful happening to her is just too awful to think about.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

IRQ posted:

I kind of liked in the earlier games where you'd kill people for money, like a hitman, and they weren't necessarily evil monsters that deserved it.

I only jumped on board with the second one but it felt like every target was super dodgy in some way, various Mafia/Yakuza types, followed by Triad dudes, nuclear terrorists, and a paedo in Contracts. Probably the least harmful was the hacker guy in the Petronas towers. I felt bad for him, the dude just wanted his pizza...

:smith:

Were there any jobs that were just Regular Joes that absolutely didn't deserve it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Noticed that Dopesick's on the iPlayer so thought I'd finally get around to checking it out. Only 40m in and I'm already loving livid, good job show.