Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can feel it in my bones. Severance is gonna be this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Watched Bodies and Leave the World Behind and seriously questioning why I bother logging in to Netflix. Stink city.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Netflix had more good shows in 2023 than in any other recent year I can think of. Can’t speak to the movies, though. I ended up rewatching Mr. Robot instead of Leave the World Behind after everyone poo poo on it

Oh I forgot about Pluto and Blue Eyed Samurai. That kicked rear end.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

X-files kicks rear end. But I cannot bring myself to watch the last season. The last one I watched was real bad and I liked the final season of the original run.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don’t get streaming. Paramount owns The Twilight Zone but paramount plus doesn’t have it for streaming anymore? How’s that make sense

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Bezos Secret Police will hunt you down and force you to watch ad supported streaming services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Timby posted:

Shows and movies often have streaming agreements made years in advance. Netflix's European division paid for the rights to Star Trek: Discovery and that money covered the entire first season's production costs, for example. CBS / Paramount sold the streaming rights for Yellowstone to NBCUniversal before the first episode ever aired.

Mm. Could be in between shifting streaming services. The new twilight zone is on Stan here, so I guess it’s just all coming across slowly? Digital distribution rights are whacked out.