Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

That explains some of the popularity, it's easily legible to people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

My inlaws are 60+ and unlike me have horrible tastes in TV shows and watch poo poo like two and half men and everybody loves raymond reruns all the time. I know why this crap was popular (boomers have poo poo tastes) but being exposed to it is causing me real pain.

It's the same plots over and over, same mean misogynistic jokes over and over, horrible characters that don't grow or change, just be mean and horrible to each other over and over.

Chuck Lorre and Phil Rosenthal deserve the death penalty.

As hosed as America currently is, it used to be a much meaner and more randomly violent place imo. Just constant abuse from and towards every direction. I know it's still frequently like that for members of minority groups, but it used to be everybody.

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 28, 2024

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Despite all the valid criticisms about 3BPs approach to science, I really enjoyed season 1. My only real complaint is that it, at times, feels more like a YA fantasy than sci-fi.

I especially love seeing the third wallfacer continually rejecting the position with everyone agreeing he's rejected it, yet carrying on as if he hasn't. Some real lol moments for sure.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Jerrod Carmichael Reality Show sure is...

Hmm.

Good hmm? Bad hmm??

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of amazing that Fallout was able to completely nail all of the vibes/look of the games while also still actually being a good TV show.

Sure the visual set pieces are all highly based on the later games, but the vibe and humor is really giving fallout 1/2 and Wasteland vibes. Really enjoyed this one.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

Geesus...finally.

Now I wonder where Silo is at.

Underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah I'm psyched to start this.

It annoys me how we'll go through months of dribs and drabs and then suddenly get ten different good shows come awards season. I'm still catching up on The Sympathizer and A Gentlemen in Moscow. Plus there's this new Jeff Daniels thing and that Hulu bridge murder thing and everyone won't shut the gently caress up about that Irish cop show...

...meanwhile I'm over here, finally catching up on Bojack.

Ok what are the ten shows?
Hacks
What are the other ones called?

I'm watching You're The Worst at the recommendation of the thread. Glad I pushed through the first season, it's a Very Good show.