Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I can't believe I'm watching the 100 and actually enjoying it. I feel like I should be watching the Halo show since apparently 2nd season is actually good or Perry Mason or something. I just hope the show goes batshit and some of the youth go native or something

...The sister episode I previously finished was kinda boring/felt like forced exposition though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I'm starting 5th episode of Season 3 of the 100 which I've been marathoning while being ill. The show is stupid enough on a level for it to be watchable while being ill but still having hooks and plot. I'm definitely getting more of strenuous "haha fanfic/too handy a moment" laughs as the series progresses, it's corny but entertaining.

I believe INTERNET has discussed (general spoilers over all 2 and a change of seasons)

The fact they didn't do any Earth observing is a huge plot hole solely for season 1. If they had bothered to point some cameras Earth-wards to see what's going on, even primitive human civilization using torches should have been visible from space as no other sources of light from modern light pollution should be active. So Earth being "livable" would have not been a surprise. How radiation works in the series makes no sense either but ehh.

I like the fact there's decent amount of character progression in the show for better or worse, and characters that are "good" make bad decisions. A lot of stuff happening seems like RPG-morality choice stuff to a fault though, but I don't mind this. Honestly I feel Abby made the wrong decision in not abandoning camp Jaha. Thelonious has been off the deep end for a long time. I could've sworn it was Murphy who was the "grounder" who blew up the mountain, but then there's still been no appearances by Raven and the mechanic/engineer boss from what I remember after the blast? Maybe I'm misremembering. I expected them to roll the guy and show Murphy.

Murphy's a bad guy but it's surprising they decided to continue on his character progression. He seems like almost your token contrarian/skeptic and I hope he is not actually the grounder guy. Him just going gently caress this poo poo with Thelonious' quasi-religious enlightement to find a different way in the past season.... I hope amounts to something. I am honestly looking forward to more Murphy being like a secondary viewer surrogate of "gently caress this poo poo"-style. Thelonious was off the deep end but the quartz or whatever seems to have...mind controlling capabilities? It's probably related to the trance and seeing the "City of Light". I would guess for some sort of time dilation sort of effect to turn someone but eh the show doesn't seem to suggest the time passes differently in "the City". I can see the AI's plan being making all humans docile with the City of Light, maybe supposedly for good or to ensure every last human is killed by their own power as the AI's fake religion spreads like a cancer. Escapism is a strong force.

I felt like third season's start was a dumb way to reset second season's ending and the betrayal. If I were Clarke/From the Ark I think I would not trust any of the grounders at all and the long game would be to annihilate them all. For revenge and security. That's genocidal speech but man the tribes have been a scourge from the beginning, even if the show has shown individuals in the tribes to be fine they've been an absolute agents of chaos time and time again. People from the Ark should honestly just hope to relocate completely somewhere different but that's not what creates drama.

Oh and the Acid Fog would've realistically been rendered useless by a heavy downpour, right?

edit: Bellamy going out and about to kill the grounders seems like a heel turn that doesn't fit his character at this point. I was honestly kinda expecting him to lure the traitors and turning them in or just dealing with them himself

Dessel fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 12, 2024

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I know she's been there since the end of season 2 of The 100 but having a budget Caprica Six is making me realize that sexy computer ladies have been a thing since my childhood in the form of Weird Science (1994)... And the earliest I could have learned to read subtitles is in 1995 as a 7-year-old, so AI lady definitely unlocked a core memory of that show having been even a thing. Anyways, I'll forgive a lot of stupidity for a sexy computer lady and her scheming because I'm a dumbass.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Man, season 3 ending of the 100 must have felt annoying back in the day. I think Pike was totally wrong but not on the concept of grounders being a threat, just on the approach of what he was doing (They should've found another place to live). Olivia just slashing Pike before the first people climbed up was probably the dumbest thing I've seen in the show so far. The entire thing of AI mind controlling people was so under developed. Also meltdowns?!?! I can't imagine even the most catastrophic meltdowns known to man compare to nuking the planet with weapons many times over. Oh well, at least I get to see where season 4 goes instantly instead of waiting after that ending, geez

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Tokyo Vice's second season certainly continues to be a deeply uncomfortable and foreboding series of choices. Very anxiety-inducing to watch. It's like a horror film where the protagonists triggers every death flag possible except it's the Yakuza (and police) and you're doing everything possible to piss off them both.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I've been watching Constellation and maybe there's a twist but it's painfully obvious what's going on and it's annoying the protagonist is so behind the watcher in figuring it out. Yeah switching between universes or something where things are slightly different and the show gaslighting the protagonist. Or the twist is it's all brain damage/trauma but that doesn't really really explain how the Roscosmos boss is acting.

Also I miss quaint times where I could imagine Russia and western nations cooperating on something and people on the ground having common sensibilities and empathy :sigh: (Yeah I'm aware they are on some level for ISS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I had no idea Haven was a show that existed and I just looked it up, might just end up binging it, seems fascinating.

Talking of small towns in American Canadian TV shows, are there actually small island towns such as the one in Midnight Mass in existence in the US? Plenty of small towns in media that don't seem to be viable in the 2020's.... Like Locke & Key too, no way a town as podunky as that could possibly hold a high school as large as it has.

fake edit: It turns out the aerial shots of the town in Haven are Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.... and Locke & Key's town is largely shot there as well. Hah.