Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gonz posted:

Happy 2024, everybody!

BRING BACK RAISED BY WOLVES.

I miss Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Taeke posted:

Dunno if there's a recommend me a TV show thread and I couldn't find it so I'm just going to ask here, or you can point me to the right thread:

I've been watching Scavengers Reign and now I'm in the middle of season two of Pantheon and I'm craving more adult animation of that type. Invincible I'm up to date with. Preferably English, not anime (maybe unless it's really good and a good dub, I'm not feeling the animation style right now), so that it's okay if I get distracted for a bit but can still listen to it without missing too much, you know?

I don't have any similar recommendations unfortunately because I think Scavengers Reign and Pantheon are brilliant and very unique.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm not normally one to be like "new thing invalidates old thing!" But honestly the live action Avatar just feels like a bummer to me, especially considering there are new cartoons that are canon to Korra and Airbender starting as soon as next year. I don't get the point of watching a lower energy, one-to-one remake when the original feels alive and relevant.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

kiminewt posted:

No such thing as a child animator
Live animation is too hard on the animator's baby wrists.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ninurta posted:

Extraordinary, the second season is up on Hulu.
I really love this show. It's also got an incredible soundtrack.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Extraordinary rules!
I binged the whole season. Episode 7 is a complete highlight.

The implications of Jizzlord having cat kids are extremely disturbing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Really liked Girls5Eva season 3 but lmao that the biggest issue with the first two seasons was that they were too short and then this one is even shorter. Gimme more of that shiiiiiit

I love the show, but it'd work so much better with longer seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

woke kaczynski posted:

I know I'm late to the party but I just finished Search Party. Didn't know much of anything about it going in and I thought the first couple episodes were meh but then it picked up somewhat, and then after getting to the season 1 finale I was hooked and binged the rest over the next couple days. I can't think of another show I've watched that took quite so many big swings, they definitely didn't all connect but when they did it was incredible and I deeply respect it. Now I'm on a probably futile hunt for something similarly wild.

I love Search Party a ton. I was with it all the way, through every insane twist.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I dunno your tastes, but the best I've got are Fortitude and Raised By Wolves.

It's funny, but yes, RBW does have a similar insane energy. Bring back Raised by Wolves, for gently caress sake.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I keep thinking about the final few episodes. Both genuinely epic in tone, in the old school mythological sense, and also so ludictously batshit that I couldn't help but laugh.

Really looking forward to Netflix's upcoming KAOS, hope that it lives up to that title and the casting.

A consistent sign of me enjoying something, even if it's not supposed to be funny, is laughter. This is true even for really serious shows. And RBW was serious, but also it was hilarious.

Gonz posted:

*sticks arm in random wall holes*

Nichael fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 28, 2024