Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I started Reacher thanks to this thread, and while I am enjoying it, I have two observations:

1) all the comments here made it sound like this was an episodic show, when it is very much a serialized show.

2) this show is like an updated, slightly elevated/higher quality version of Walker Texas Ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Random question - I remember hearing a story about a sitcom from the 90's, possibly 80's, that got cancelled during production of it's third season. But they were still contracted to finish producing the season anyway, so the producers/writers decided to do a whole bunch of weird poo poo with the episodes of that season - does anyone remember what show this was?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

This sounds like it, thanks!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

zoux posted:

Hmmm well he sounds just like him! Do I have goon ear blindness.

I'm with you, the Cyclops voice actor sounds dead-on to the original to me.

The Wolverine voice actor, on the other hand....

Look he only has one line in the trailer, but I refuse to believe they couldn't find another voice actor that could get the voice closer to the original than this guy

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

X-O posted:

That is the original guy.

drat, then it’s sad that he sounds so different.

Again, judging this all of one line in the trailer so maybe it’s not that bad

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I watched the pilot of Elsbeth having never seen The Good Wife and only seen a few seasons of The Good Fight, none with her in it.

I wasn’t lost at all. It’s totally it’s own thing. And it’s just shamelessly Columbo, and I’m ok with that because I want more Columbo.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
My headcanon is that the button allows him to modulate the power of the beams. Because here he's using the beams to just throw mooks into walls, while later in the episode he cuts a Sentinel's head in half with the beam

Maybe it's not even headcanon, maybe it's just something real that I heard when I was 9 and is still knocking around in my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

IRQ posted:

He seems to be able to control the intensity when he's just flipping his sunglasses up instead of the visor, so who knows.

I thought when he was without sunglasses/visor, he COULDN'T control the intensity, hence the whole building blowing up when the bad guys took his visor.

zoux posted:

When he used the beams to help him land from free fall it occurred to me that the beams are subjecting his neck to slightly less than 1G of force every time.

Also when he does this (awesome) move, he doesn't appear to touch the button. Which kinda supports my "the button is only necessary for non-lethal beams" theory.

In case you couldn't tell, I really liked X-Men 97, and can't wait for more. My concerns about Wolverine's voice were totally unfounded (though a couple other voices are a bit iffy to me)

STAC Goat posted:

It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I know, it's great :D

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 21, 2024