Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Better Call Saul is a good show but it's the first thing I think of when I read this tweet. He takes how many seasons to get to the strip mall?!

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1446151707029917697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

zoux posted:

Every best selling series of thrillers is written for boomers. Subsequent generations read best selling series of fantasy novels.

The Reacher books are honestly better than most other long running thriller series. It's a low bar to clear but at least they have actual stories and aren't just lightly reskinned Fox News editorials or Breitbart articles by authors who also cash cheques from right wing think tanks and private millitary contractors.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Today I learned that only three streaming services actually turn a profit:

-Netflix
-Hulu
-Max (No, really)

Source?

I'm surprised Prime doesn't make money. Their interface is set up to upsell the user on digital rentals, purchases and channel subscriptions. A lot of their big ticket shows are based on long running series of books. Surely the cash from a few tens of thousands of people buying one or more Reacher novels from Amazon, and maybe a Kindle to read them on or an audible subscription to listen to them, adds up.

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 1, 2024

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Odds on we're 3/4 months out from a cancellation announcement

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1772273640446317052

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 26, 2024

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Bright Bart posted:

A much bigger worry is that like I said earlier it's a show about a teenage drug addict whose lead has now been out of her teenage years longer than she ever was an actual teenager, and where in-show her character says she stopped doing drugs long-term. They almost by definition have to make serious changes to how the show is set up.

If it does happen they'll set it in college or post high school with the most in-demand actors being geographically dispersed (one in NY, one in LA, maybe one doing and MFA in Iowa, or something similar) so they can silo them off to reduce scheduling conflicts. But between most of the mains being in high demand, the unprecedented hiatus for a YA show, the showrunner coming of a major dud, and HBOs new owners being shitcan happy, my prediction is cancellation.

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 26, 2024