Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I watched the 90-minute pilot of Little House on the Prairie on Freevee. It's a good Christmas movie in the sense that it has a long enough Christmas plot near the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

This episode of The Little House on the Prairie had Laura adopt a baby raccoon as a pet and named it Jasper. While at church, it got into the hen house, made his way into the Ingalls house, and knocked over everything on the stove, then he bit her and her dog and ran off. Then a raccoon came home rabid, so the dad killed it, tied up the family dog in the barn, and waited more than a week while monitoring whether the dog turned rabid. The rabid raccoon turned out to be a different raccoon from Jasper. Jasper came home, doing one of the tricks Laura taught him, so the episode ended with relief that Laura was all right. They never said what they planned on doing with Jasper. If they take him out to the woods, he might come back with rabies, too.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

On Saturdays, I've been watching Jeff Corwin's show about catching, rescuing or tagging, and releasing wildlife at 10am CST/11am EST on ABC. He has one show at 10am in Florida and another ocean-themed one at 11am. Last week's ocean one was about penguins. At 10:30am, I flip it to Henry Ford's Innovation Nation, which is about modern inventions, on CBS. They also have segments like an outdoor physics playground, an engineer from Society of Women Engineers showing her siblings her job by having them compete at building towers out of pasta sticks and marshmallows, and history segments on people like George Washington Carver

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 2, 2024

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.pbs.org/video/remarkable-rabbits-a2lqwt/ PBS had on a documentary about rabbits for Easter. Rabbit babies: Born hairless in nests with eyes closed and dependent on the mother for 2 weeks after being born. Hare babies: Born with a full coat of hair right on the ground, eyes open, and ready to run an hour after being born. Also, rabbits have a courtship ritual called cavorting where they gather in a field late at night, the males runs around the field and then run at the females, who leap into the air while the males runs beneath them.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Lopez vs. Lopez is the funniest sitcom currently airing that I've seen. Night Court, Extended Family, and even most episodes of Saturday Night Live don't make me laugh, but Lopez vs. Lopez does. It is also heavily serialized, but with enough exposition that you can start watching from any episode. It airs on NBC, so it's be on Peacock. The scene from this week where George pretended to be a priest in a confession booth was hilarious, and the scene where George pounded a pinata designed to look like him made me tear up.