Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Khanstant posted:

Reacher lost me with the second season don't even care to finish and already forgot what it was even supposed to be about. he was fun on his own but in a group of Superfriends it just becomes a boring earnest military superhero show.

He's also just not someone to root for anymore and the antics are too bombastic and unbelievable to get away with in these big cities in a way I could roll with in podunk town.

Beating up or killing some street level drug dealers to rob them really was the turning point for putting up with him, that's just beating down and doing the same kind of crimes that play into the system of their being street level dealers as a problem. He did nothing to help the problem and giving the money to a church was also sketchy even if they were making it out to be a good act.

I still love Reacher and I'm enjoying the season but I do like the atmosphere and supporting cast of Season 1 better. Finley and Rosco are great and while I like Robert Patrick, Bruce McGill with his sick cane clears him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

NYPD guy tries to bring some of that energy that you had in season 1 between reacher and his allies but he's not there nearly enough

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

pentyne posted:

Rousey knew to get out of the UFC after getting humiliated 2x times in a row after being talked about like the Mike Tyson of women's MMA.

I can't remember the specifics but I think it basically boiled down to her being really good at only 1 thing, and having no defense against anything else which top talent Holmes and Nunes exploited. Rousey went from the top of the MMA world to an easy 1 round knockout and retired immediately after the 2nd time in a row she got dropped hard in under 2 rounds.

Ronda was extremely talented and could have had a GSP style comeback if she ditched her awful awful coach. It wouldn't be that hard for a fighter of her caliber to shore up her weaknesses in striking and footwork if she went to a better gym. Unfortunately I think where she struggled (besides being too loyal to her bad coach) was the mental recovery after the loss. Having that aura of invincibility was something she also seemed to buy into and having it shattered really seemed to gently caress her up.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

It's really a shame how bleh season 2 is because season 1 was Amazon's first good show and I loved every minute

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

theflyingexecutive posted:

I will fight you on behalf of the honor of Patriot.

I'll grant that it was alright instead of bad like most of Amazon's other shows