Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

mystes posted:

You know, actors who play characters

In shows on the USA Network where Characters Are Welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
There are some actors who just pop out in even the smallest parts. And they can do more movies per year that way with just a week or two on set which makes them seem omnipresent.

It can be how they look like Vincent Schiavelli or something more vague that just makes them stand out. William Fichtner in The Dark Knight for instance has a few minutes on screen, his character does not even have a name but everyone remembers The Bank Manager while they may have forgotten Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman were in it.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Open Source Idiom posted:

Really keen to start this new Mrs and Mr Smith thang.

First episode was good, unlike Citadel I want to see what happens to the main characters.

That cake bomb seemingly killed a lot of random staff but despite the door being open there were armed guys chasing J&J afterwards so there is something going on there.
Also, killing off Alexander Skarsgard before the opening credits is just showing off your Amazon megabucks, the whole cast is stacked as hell.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

ymgve posted:

In contrast, I've only seen people on this forum gush about Mr and Mrs Smith, otherwise the reception has been lukewarm

It's not quite working for me. Everything is well made and acted but the Seagal movie action scenes (in scale, not execution which is excellent) don't vibe with the rest of the show. The Smiths just shot two dozen people on a mission in public and are back in their wonderful house the next scene with zero consequences apart from what Hihi thinks of how they did the mission. Things they talk about indicate they live in our world but events that happens are in John Wick land, movies that know exactly what they are.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
If you liked Dark check out Constellation on Apple TV. It requires careful viewing to figure out what might be going on and they are both way more obvious about it but also making it confusing.

There is already a big clue in the credits with two twin actresses for one character. At the same time they make it seem, even in the imdb credits, Jonathan Banks plays two characters, Bud and Henry, but he's not.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

bull3964 posted:

I can't quite remember the exact passage in the book, but I think they addressed some aspect of that in the book.

It was something like if a hard disk got cut in half it would be possible to put it back together since the cut was so clean

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Renegade Nell of Disney+ is a lot of silly fun. Like the Dick Turpin show on Apple it's about highwaymen, in this case a highwaywoman played by the best Derry Girl, Louisa Harland. There are also demonic forces, faeries, loathsome aristocrats, coach chases and superpowered fight scenes.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

The Finn posted:

Started Parasyte on Netflix and I'm hooked after the first episode. I'm aware of the manga but not familiar with it, but so far so good.

It wastes zero time, after this first episode I feel like I've watched 1,5 season of a standard boring show.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

1glitch0 posted:

Same thing with Dwayne Johnson and Chris Evan's Christmas action comedy movie which has seen its budget bloat to 250 million dollars, or the cost of one and a half Dunes.

How much of that was spent paying the crew who were waiting for Johnson to show up for filming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Constellation was in space for maybe 20 minutes. I guess they spent way too much on that ISS set/CGI and had to film the rest of the episodes in a cabin with what was left.