Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Supernatural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

For All Mankind is a backdoor prequel to BSG

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I actually forgot there are two Earths and that sounds better than my original thought

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How is it ok for House of the Dragon to use the exact same theme song as Game of Thrones. Laziest thing ever for a show with a huge budget. It should be against some hollywood union rules to use the exact same song. At least Hans Zimmer moves some of the notes around when he does movie scores that sound the same.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yellowstone streams on Peacock so lol on Paramount+ not getting their flagship series

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'LL KILL YEWWWW

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

VARSITY ATHLETE

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She was great in Dopesick with Michael Keaton

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

99% of the actors you see on the screen in Justified are character actors

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just make one. I skipped seasons 2 and 3 but I'm definitely tuning in for this.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's also a reboot since it's the same story but with new actors.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Seinfeld is much funnier than Curb

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The last X-Files episode I ever watched was the one with Kumail Nanjiani and it was fun. I think it's a good way to end the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timby posted:

Joe Carnahan got a $5,000 check every time a new episode of The Blacklist aired, because he directed the pilot. (This is a weird thing that the DGA negotiated with the producers' guild ages ago; the director of a TV pilot is contractually owed royalty payments for every future episode of that show that gets made.)

Nice to find out Dan Trachtenberg is getting paid handsomedly for his one episode of The Boys. I still remember when his dayjob was doing lovely nerd reviews on Youtube.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chairman Capone posted:

As a history professor, I honestly can't think of a single fictional depiction of my profession at all, accurate or not.

In terms of professors in general I heard from a few people that the Netflix show with Sandra Oh from a few years ago was accurate, but I never watched it.

I will say that in Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy being behind on grading term papers is also pretty spot on. And the importance of archive work that he mentions once at the start. But being mobbed by students in office hours? I think I had two students total come to office hours in all of last year.

In the show Falling Skies the protagonist is a history professor and his skills are apparently useful in starting an uprising against alien invaders?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The movie is so happening. Especially after they changed the play from a two parter to a one night show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Killing was like 10 years ago

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I enjoyed Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton which becomes more noir-ish in the last couple seasons

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's so weird to me that Donald Glover is 40 years old now. When I watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith it feels like Troy cosplaying an older spy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

mystes posted:

Maybe it's not so much that 5 years ago is ancient history as that racism and homophobia are cool again now

From what I've seen he's stopped doing it since the firing and his current standup is good. I think 5 years is enough time in the penalty box. I don't know his homophobic stuff but his asian jokes just sounded dumb and didn't offend me. You can hear much worse on any celebrity roast.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would have killed to see cartoon shows look that good when I was a kid.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw the first season of BCS and really didn't like the brother character. How important is he the rest of the show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Probably within the first 10 minutes when he was arguing about going out to wash cars with his boss. Can't really see anyone negotiating a way to work in a car wash without having to pitch in with washing cars unless you have a disability.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My only complaint is that replacing the Lady Jessica actor between movies is really jarring.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It finally happened to me: one of my digital TV purchases has disappeared. I bought the Borgen complete series on iTunes a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot. It's a Danish political drama and it's very good. Tried to watch it again today and not only is it no longer for sale on Apple, but I can't even download it anymore and it's gone from my library.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I work in an office with a lot of FIlipinos and yeah they are all talking about Expats because of that one episode

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

deep dish peat moss posted:

My immediate takeaway from the first episode of Avatar is it seems kinda cool but man none of these kids can act. Their performances feel so flat and phoned in. The worldbuilding is cool though and I'm going to keep watching it and see where it goes, I wasn't sold on any of the One Piece actors after the first episode either but they ended up growing on me.

We're watching the live action Ember Island Players

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Some people were going bugfuck insane over the aleged "fridging" of a character. Another actor was also furious about being killed off and was really public about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They should at least throw in a "bom dia" here and there

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's a fun guest character on The Good Wife/The Good Fight but she has to be insufferable in her own show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've only seen a few clips of the show and was surprised the tone is completely different from the Big Bang Theory. There's no laughtrack and I guess it feels more wholesome?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's pretty much all Star Wars live action shows outside of Andor

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Golden Bee posted:

X-Men 97 is a worthy successor to the original. The melodrama you expect from the X-Men with some beautiful fight scenes.

Any difficulty for people who haven't seen it since the actual 90s?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kinda shocked at how skilled Mario Lopez is at code switching. Check out his restaurant review on his personal page

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz6m_OlxAWe/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

muscles like this! posted:

I loved the weird meta stuff of Matrix 4 but thought it went completely downhill once it became a "Matrix" movie. I also wasn't really a fan of the half and half recasting/keeping actors.

The action was also really dull

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bet Cameron is super into crytpo right now

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Never watched it but I've seen articles from mainstream press saying it's surprisingly good or at least competently made. I feel like there's 50 other shows worth watching before it though.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 7, 2024

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's pretty cool that we have so many Star Trek shows going on at the same time. Wish they were more consistently good of course, but I seriously thought the TV shows were over after Enterprise bombed. I lacked faith, faith of the heart.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anthony Hopkins is doing a TV show about gladiators?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xouFXMOvaU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

muscles like this! posted:

The weird thing about watching through all of the 90s X-Men animated series was how every once in a while you'd get a bizarrely animated episode. Like s5e5 where everyone is completely off model and it is animated much more cartoony. Like the animation looks like an FMV animated videogame.

I think they changed animation studios in the last season or so