Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GreenNight posted:

What does this mean? About as comic book as Fargo.

The first season had entire sequences taken from various comics, most notably Top 10 by Alan Moore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

Lol how did we end up with two Night Country threads

that's how we find out which is the true True Detective thread

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Btw this was Rhea Seehorn’s last chance to win an Emmy for BCS and she lost to Jennifer Coolidge

it sucks

hollywood really wanted that redemption story for Stiffler's mum

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Marge would be in her 70s not in assisted living

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

mystes posted:

Someone should create an honorary award in memory of someone where that person gets the award every year

The Bryan Danielson Award for Best Technical Wrestler

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Rupert Grint has joined the M.Night repertoire company.

He was really good in Servant as a Kieran Culkin type

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

Random question - I remember hearing a story about a sitcom from the 90's, possibly 80's, that got cancelled during production of it's third season. But they were still contracted to finish producing the season anyway, so the producers/writers decided to do a whole bunch of weird poo poo with the episodes of that season - does anyone remember what show this was?

There was one in 00s called 'Til Death
https://www.avclub.com/nobodys-watching-the-strange-genius-of-the-fourth-seas-1798220591

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Other than Perry Mason, Babylon Berlin, and True Detective Season 4, what other solid serialized detective/neo noir shows are worth checking out from the past, say, 5 years?

Deadloch

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The latest season of Feud is good, the opening two episodes were directed by Gus Van Sant, and I don't think Ryan Murphy has much to do with it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I'm such a sucker for historical comedies. I'm in. I like Noel Fielding when he's well-utilized and generally find his shtick quite charming, but he can definitely cross over into obnoxious territory. I'm hoping he's somewhat reeled in here, because from the trailer it looks a bit like a one man show.

I saw at least one joke that's he's been telling since the Mighty Boosh days "We're new school"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The best boomer thriller series will always be Richard Stark's Parker. Also the best media adaptations, you can fight me on that.

Find yourself a copy of The Outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBLuiXCGF6A

edit: Here's Tarantino gushing for half an hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krQ3YfGX4AI

edit edit: actually that video is real weird, Tarrantino's opinions on Parker are weird, and the whole thing is suffused with AI.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 21, 2024

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It did try to do a few interesting presentational and storytelling things but often bit off more than it could chew those fronts.

But at least it tried.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

According to the synopsis, this show is about a quirky autistic lawyer who solves cases with her own special way of looking at the world.
So does she talk about whales all the time?

I liked Extraordinary Attorney Woo. But I could never decide if it was a demeaning stereotype.

It's a spin off of the Good Wife. The character is a fan fave. The Kings are usually pretty good at handling weird stuff well.

edit:
The synopsises I've read have all said "astute" not "autistic". The vibe is more manic pixie dream lawyer does Columbo not The Good Doctor

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 1, 2024

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
okay I finished the Elsbeth pilot

it's not quite Columbo far more characters welcome

eagerly awaiting some insane King political nonsense in the future

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 2, 2024

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
praying the aunts come through

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

HATEPOSTING posted:

Done with childrens hospital, medical police, burning love, newsreaders and ntsf sd suv. what do I watch now?

Comedy Bang Bang: The TV Show and The Birthday Boys

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

escape artist posted:

Vice Principals was loving brilliant. Was that the consensus when it aired?

Yes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Taear posted:

Who is that?

A tv show is named after him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The triumvirate the most stable form of leadership and power sharing since the Romans