Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not quite 2024 yet where I am but I have had quite a bit of cham-pag-en so here's the new thread.

Old thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020907

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looking forward to;
Outer Range s2
Strange New Worlds s3
Fallout
Demon Slayer s4
Kite Man: Hell Yeah!

More I can't think of right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't there supposed to be a new BSG or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.etonline.com/ian-ziering-attacked-in-hollywood-during-street-brawl-with-bikers-on-new-years-eve-217094
Ian Ziering rings out the year with a street brawl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He just did that Netflix movie that the Obamas produced that a lot of people are dragging.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm watching What If season 2 and that is not what Michael Douglas looked like at any point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah while the special investigators aren't exactly the same as Reacher there's not a lot of contrast between him and them when it comes to methods.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix must really be expecting Delicious in Dungeon to hit big as they're simul-dubbing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oasx posted:

For a second I thought something fun was going to happen on this episode of Monarch, but I was wrong.

It's hilarious that Wyatt Russell's character gets back to the real world, discovers that he has been gone for twenty years, and then decides to sit in a retirement home for forty years straight, with no explanation why

Yeah that was a really disappointing reveal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kazmeyer posted:

(Also, seeing Finlay again in that other ep finally made me rumble what I remembered him from and couldn't place. He's the guy at the beginning of LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" video.)

He's also really good on the CW show "I Zombie" where he plays the seemingly straight laced police detective character who is actually a huge weirdo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite bit was how he would bring in sandwiches once a week saying they were from a food truck but he was secretly making them at home.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best news of the day is that Dorohedoro is getting another season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQGOpsGFdY
Youtube channel Scaredy Cats is doing a video a day review of the 90s Canadian vampire series, Forever Knight. It just started so there's only two episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I feel kind of dumb for not realizing until episode 10 that John Goodman's character from Kong: Skull Island was Bill Randa. To be fair I haven't seen that movie since release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

I agree on principle, but in this case this is information that's literally the first scene of episode one.

I have a problem with remembering names and if someone just says a name once I simply cannot remember it. It comes from an old job where I listened to hundred of thousands of names so my brain just automatically dumps them unless I hear them multiple times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

To be fair the guy they cast looks far too young to age into John Goodman in a couple of decades time.

Also they did literally nothing with that version of the character other than the opening.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw an excerpt from an interview with Matt Fraction about Monarch and he says he is constantly pushing for the Monsterverse to add Jet Jaguar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Most recent Reacher I think definitely crosses a line when he kills the guy in the hospital. Yeah he was a bad guy but he was also completely helpless. Like they could have just left him and he still would have been killed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The hard cuts in Echo are weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1746925919757861113
For some reason they made a TV show spin off of that Guy Ritchie weed movie from a couple years ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't look like it has any of the movie characters in it so even if you were somehow a fan of the original there isn't anything to bring you back. The best part of the movie was the teen gang which this doesn't look like it is touching on at all.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's also a reboot since it's the same story but with new actors.

The logline for the show makes it seem like a spin off since it says the plot is Theo James' character inheriting an estate that is involved with the drug empire from McConaughey's movie character.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 15, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1747057283547152829
Pedro Pascal continues to be the GOAT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched the first episode of Night Country and while it wasn't bad I am more than a little worried about it being able to solve the various mysteries in a satisfactory manner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Diego Luna says that Andor s2 is almost done filming. It is kind of funny how that show went from something I thought was a dumb idea to being one of my most anticipated returning shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sunny definitely has some dated stuff. Like having the character with the slur in their name.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming that they're using the recast of minority characters to also gauge reaction on doing that for more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I would be interested in an episode that told the story of the characters like if they aged in real time from the premiere of the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It does have the problem of being more interested in revenge than justice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 2 has the issue where there just isn't enough contrast between Reacher and the rest of the Special Investigators. The season desperately needed a Roscoe or a Finlay to be all "Reacher, you can't just shoot everyone!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/comedy-central-daily-show-host-no-choice-correspondents-1235879076/
Well, Variety is reporting that Comedy Central has reached a decision about the next Daily Show host and they're just not going to bother right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While they haven't said what it is Lee Child has said that they've decided which Reacher novel will be adapted for season 3. Apparently season 3 will be more of a solo adventure for Reacher which kind of narrows down the options.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of funny how the new season of True Detective is a good example of how Executive Producers grow like barnacles on a TV show. Like if there's another season you can be sure that Jodie Foster's name is somehow still going to be on there.

Kind of reminds me when all the Bryan Singer poo poo went down and the couple of shows with his name on them tried to get his credit removed. Legion was able to successfully do it since he never officially worked on the show but Gifted was stuck since he had actually directed the pilot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Wait, what's going on with True Detective?

https://twitter.com/itysHBO/status/1749428361657504242

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Oh i'm watching it, i thought there was something fishy in producer town

Mainly talking about how Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are still listed as EPs on a series that they haven't had anything to do with in almost 10 years.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

“What if we make a Halo tv series but never actually go to Halo?” I also still find it intensely hilarious that they felt a need to pop Chief’s helmet off in the very first episode.

The Mandalorian’s first season alone is proof that you can resist that urge at least until your finale and still have your hulking faceless protagonist of few words still be a compelling character and make the show work if you know what the gently caress you’re doing.

While season 1 definitely had problems I never really thought that Master Chief doing stuff outside of armor was part of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they said how much it is supposed to cover? Because I don't trust Netflix to not drag this out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Give me a live action Speed Grapher.

Or live action Monster.

They've been trying to make an American live action Monster for years.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Road House also has Sam Elliott as an absolute fuckboi.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess I haven't been following wrestling news, how long did the WWE network last?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The next season of Reacher will be an adaptation of the seventh novel, Persuader. They also announced that Maria Sten, Neagley, will be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was also why The Gifted couldn't remove Singer's name from the show since he directed The pilot.