Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I already have a hard enough time answering Only Connect at its normal speed so I do not wish for it to go any faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

A character actor is basically any actor whose name most people won't recognize but whose face will make them go "oh that person from that thing"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I loved it but it's a hard show to describe if you don't love the leads and what they've done previously already.

It's a show halfway between The Americans and Chuck, if it were directed by Richard Linklater

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I live in the Philippines, which is predominantly Catholic (and it's also how I was raised) and I first learned about this tribulations stuff after college, when I caught some movie playing on Cinemax. One of the early lines was someone saying "there's this thing every Christian in the world believes in called the Rapture" and I was like "lol what, is this one of those things where a writer wildly misinterprets the beliefs/writings of a religion not their own?"

Boy was my mind blown that day when I looked it up afterwards.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I wasn't sold on what's been happening this season, but as of last week's ep, I think it's heading for an interesting place with the plots coming together. I think it's got like at least one more good season in it with all the named characters knowing Harry's secret, and probably leading up to an ending paralleling the town's famous miner story. I don't mind them having wacky non-alien related adventures but that sort of thing is usually best in shows with more episodes per season. I do like having episodes that aren't related to the main plot (some of the best eps of other shows were like this!), but this 8-10 episode season format tends to make people feel like a show is treading water when it does that stuff.