Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

muscles like this! posted:

Most recent Reacher I think definitely crosses a line when he kills the guy in the hospital. Yeah he was a bad guy but he was also completely helpless. Like they could have just left him and he still would have been killed.

The guy was literally seconds away from executing a child in cold blood in the previous episode so he gets no sympathy from me.

Also The Brothers Sun on Netflix is really great, so much fun and the fight scenes are awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Hughmoris posted:

How long will that go on for?

This goes on and on and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the show just sort of... ends.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm currently rewatching The Wire to introduce it to my girlfriend, nearing the end of season 1 and it is still as incredible as it was the first time I watched it. It's so dense, thoughtful, complicated, realistic. Every scene has effort put into it from the writing, acting, direction. I'm so exited to watch the rest of it.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Big McHuge posted:

2 episodes into 3BP and I can't quite describe why, but the dialogue just feels off. The non-subtitled parts feel like a poorly translated dub like one of the spanish/italian series that Mrs McHuge watches.

I'm also severely struggling with the whole "all the particle accelerators in the world are malfunctioning in the same exact way at the same time and producing results that are against the laws of physics, better shut down all research!". If that were to happen it would be one of the most noteworthy scientific discoveries in decades, there is no way they would be shutting down programs.

I don't recall them saying every particle accelerator is malfunctioning in the same exact way. They said that every single one is producing completely gibberish and nonsense results with no pattern.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Alhazred posted:

My impression is that there's nothing they can do with the results. It's just random nonsense.

That's what I got too, as well as their funding being pulled so it's not like they could continue even if they wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really do not miss following threads dedicated to weekly shows. Between goon face blindness, lack of basic attention, lack of patience with plots, and just general pessimism about every single thing, it’s never worth it.

The only real exception I make is the Doctor Who thread because nearly everyone who posts in it is easygoing.

Yeah there's some real rose tinted glasses in here about weekly threads. There are some exceptions but the vast majority of weekly threads consist of pages of reactions on the day of the viewing, then from a day or two onwards it's mostly just boring theory crafting that turns into posters arguing with each other over and over again trying to outsmart each other, with the occasional post about wishing the new episode would air so everyone would shut up.