Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ruddiger posted:

Is True Detective considered a comic book show?

What does this mean? About as comic book as Fargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Reviews of the first few episodes of the new season of True Detective are in and most are saying it's one of the best, up there if not better than season 1.

quote:

With 15 reviews counted on Rotten Tomatoes, the show is pulling in a stellar 100% (8.7/10) compared to the 91% (9.0/10) of Season 1, 47% (6.3/10) of Season 2, and 84% (7.65/10) of Season 3.

On Metacritic it sits at 88/100 compared to the 87/100 for Season 1, 61/100 for Season 2 and 72/100 for Season 3. Here’s a sampling of review quotes:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/true-detective-night-country-reviews-are-in/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pluto is basically my mst3k slash rifftrax channel I turn on during work or when I’m cleaning.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Keep your Joel and Mike fan fiction to yourself.

No! Mine is all the different crows meeting themselves with Frank running point.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sports you can watch for free with online streams too, it's not hard.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

People have explained FAST to me before and the distinction, but I still can't grasp how "FAST" isn't just.... regular television. It's a channel that shows TV programs with ads. That's... that's just regular television! :psyduck:

Right, except you don't need an antenna or pay for cable.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Just, you know, Internet.

I think the main difference between television and FAST is that several jerks got paid to come up with an acronym.

It’s unlikely you’re paying for internet just to use FAST thought.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

So the only distinction is that it's regular television but you don't need an antenna!

And apparently you also need internet! Gotta get specific.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Stuck at the airport and just saw Doug Jones walking through. Owns.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bull3964 posted:

If I were him, I would always walk with the weird flowy arm thing he does when doing aliens and monsters.

One person ran up to him and was a super fan girl and he was a very nice guy. Was good to see.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah I’m looking forward to the show moving past all the military stuff.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Soon we’ll be going back to movie length.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Speaking of which how was the new 5 episode season of American Horror Story?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

To be fair that was half a season because of the strikes

Does it have an end or...?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

DogsInSpace! posted:

The Flash Gordon bits from the first movie made me cackle like a hyena and the second movie had Patrick Warburton and Michael Dorn mocking nerds dressed as the Tick and Worf, a giant fight at the nerdcon and calling Amanda Seyfreid Gollum (which I will never unsee). Neither movie was brilliant but I never thought they were THAT bad. Good to chill on the couch with in between other movies like Harold and Kumar, How High or Soul Plane. Definitely benefited from writers and Walberg elevating it.,

There are some truly wretched comedies out there tho. One older guy I work with recommended Porky’s and holy poo poo that movie is racist. Lasted about 10 minutes because… yeah.

Death To Smoochy still holds up.

Porky's? It's a classic but yeah, welcome to the 80s.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Season 1 came out, what, 9 years ago?

I'll check it out, sounds right up my alley.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Even Mulder remarked in the new xfiles episodes that he wish he had a cell phone camera when he was starting out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Skip Seinfeld and watch

https://i.imgur.com/v6Dn2ZT.mp4

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Agree. It’s really mean.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I’m fine wherever he is as long as it’s more mystery stuff and less military team shooting everyone.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I liked the movies.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's criminal that the new Beavis and Butthead doesnt get any airtime.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I liked the show a lot but also never watched the anime.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Just wake me when I can watch the Wrestlemania from the 80s.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Jon Stewart got hired back to the daily show.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-01-24/jon-stewart-is-returning-to-comedy-central-s-the-daily-show

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He only hosts on Monday's so I'm betting he can do it for a long time if he wants.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He saw John Oliver and was like drat, I could do that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonstewart/status/1750199599703162955

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He won't do it. He quit originally because of the daily grind.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Road House and Die Hard are two movies I'll never ever see but feel like I already have seen way too much somehow.

The gently caress.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

John & Jon on Sunday and Monday.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rappaport posted:

It's a movie, but The Man from Earth. Though it doesn't really put the profs in a professional setting, as it were.

Big fan of that flick.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Probably different before you could email and he had a big stack of unanswered messages on his desk.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rando conversations don't mean poo poo without the backstory and buildup, what are you on about

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bagrada posted:

Ben Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms, yo. Matt Damon was the one who played Jason Bourne, famous for using the music from The Genius tv series.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Don't trust anyone with two first names.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Harrison should come back for old man Jack Ryan.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I stopped watching Community after season 3. I feel like S3 was the turning point where the show had really gone up its own rear end and started doing the thing I loving hate in comedies where it becomes very self-referential. Are the later seasons any good?

Yes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pluto TV has a Rifftrax and MST3K channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

Does Pluto have ad breaks? Gizmoplex is ad free, IDK what the situation is on youtube because I pay for no-ads.

Ah yeah they do and they're total poo poo ads. gently caress you Ron Johnson.