Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do they get results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BenjaminCrew1/status/1742412141846557112

Nowadays you wouldn't even see Mr Ed on a surf board before the season finale

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Horses were allowed to smoke in school in the 1950s

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Streaming is dying! But so is cable!

I have no idea what the TV landscape is gonna look like in 20 years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I didn't quite grasp what FAST was until I was looking into the Westworld stuff, I thought it was more like an ad supported tier. But nope you wanna watch two episodes of Westworld you have to be in front of your TV starting from 6:15. And you wanna watch three? gently caress you, see you tomorrow, same bat time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hello Wilbur *smash cut to black, EP credit for Jonathan Nolan*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I regularly sit down to watch Star Trek:TMP and I was bored through most of “The Batman.”

Well, there isn't a single starship in The Batman

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Outstanding in Justified, I was disappointed she ended up on Last Man Standing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know what they say? They say he can't be killed. They say he drinks blood.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lmao trying to find that Knox quote from Batman 89 on youtube and really, the commenters are the true luminaries of modern film criticism and analysis

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Finally we can watch it in the way David Chase intended.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

And the definitive cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkE_Gv6ALM

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

You know, a version of Batman where Gotham City is a giant decrepit interstellar colony ship that got lost and is drifting through perpetual interstellar night would be a good Elseworlds take.

Except the Green Lantern Corps isn't going to let Batman's little costume party city of crime keep on keepin on

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lotta great ideas and concepts, but doesn’t really hang together. Also I feel you on the translation thing, I could always tell I was reading a translation of a book. In good translations you kind of forget that after a bit. I’m sure they sound cool in Chinese but ‘Wallfacers” and “Swordholder” sound stupid in English. There were other things like that but that’s the one I remember off the top of my head. And there’s a bit too much magical realism for a book that deals with such complex hard science manic poetry dream waifu tulpa??? How’d they deal with that in the TV show?. I will say most of my problems didn’t arise until book two, when they changed translators and it was obviously worse. Never read #3

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Character actors are actors that don't play lead roles or can't carry a whole movie by themselves (ugly).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1745853172533358715

An even younger sheldon????

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Planck-Time Sheldon

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Longest sustained "shot-before-a-studio-audience" laugh I've ever seen in my life.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The sea was angry that day my friends

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MaryCeleste1872/status/1744137560824197175

It's true I can't think of a single political thing in the whole series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the common denominator here is "conservatives are stupid"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1749462574242922720

Writers?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah that was up there with Katie Holmes for completely unexpected nudity in a show or movie. As far as I can remember it's the only instance of anything sexual in the whole first season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unrelated to nudity....or is it: S2 of the Halo show is going to be a soft reboot

quote:

Halo star Pablo Schreiber says season 2 will be much darker than its predecessor – and he believes it's much more effective.

"The tonal shift just feels so much more appropriate for the franchise," Schreiber tells SFX magazine in the new issue, which features Halo season 2 on the cover. "It's darker, it's more dangerous, all of the stunt and action sequences put you into the battle and inside the fighting. To me, it's a much more effective way to deal with the show. I think [David Wiener, Halo's new showrunner] is just a more gifted writer, to be quite frank. I think his dialogue is better. He puts words in the mouth that feel more appropriate for the character."

"There's no question the second season is far stronger than the first," he continues. "I will stake my reputation on that. It's absolutely improved. The art director who came on board, James Foster, is fantastic. He created a visual world that just makes a lot more sense. It's so beautiful, incredibly cinematic. And the dialogue is better. It's just a better season, period."

"I don't want to say a soft reboot, but there was intent to reset the state of the world," Kiki Wolfkill, one of Halo's executive producers and the head of property expansion at Microsoft, tells SFX. "It was a goal to do a few things. One was really to start to shift tonally to a place that was a little more grounded and grittier, but still with the big spectacle of Halo and sci-fi."

There were some good things to take out of s1 (not very many, but some) but on the whole they just need to do the drat story from the games.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Khanstant posted:

The show when I've seen it seemed to pretty much a stream of YouTube videos and they'd pause between them to make comments. Even when it's just the most obvious joke or literally the top 10 comments doing the same variation of that joke, they don't have improv comedians around all the time so someone's gotta write it all down for the cast. And considering how much of it they put on constantly, these writers likely write the majority of what mtv airs in a year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also it's a show where they steal internet content and then two morons go "whoooooowww" at some guy getting a cactus to the balls. So I'm not sure these writers deserve raises.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mandalorian may be the only successful show where they don't show the protagonist's face for most of it, and they had Baby Yoda.

muscles like this! posted:

While season 1 definitely had problems I never really thought that Master Chief doing stuff outside of armor was part of it.

One of the worst cases of Surfin Dracula syndrome I've ever seen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749824496171720854

Well at least they're saying Aang correctly

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Daniel Dae Kim is insanely jacked

Data Graham posted:

I guess I'm just like ... why?

The biggest thing that annoyed me about the Shyamalan movie wasn't the ridiculous effects or pronunciations or anything, it's just that it felt so much more fun as a cartoon. Live-action just saps that dry. See the supposed "comedy" moment with the riding-the-ball-of-air bit. Hardly seems any better than the way the movie did that sort of thing.

Netflix must turn every cartoon into a live action

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ralph Bashki's Avatar the Last Airbender

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Finn posted:

I bet you'll see a second attempt at a live action Bebop at some point

Hell I didn't see the first attempt

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow WWE is moving Raw to Netflix in Jan '25

You know we're going to look back at the 10-15 years of unfettered streaming like we look at the napster era, and regret

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh, several months of non-stop watching.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If I set the over/under for "Jon Stewart is now the full time host of the Daily Show again" at four months, what do you take

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1750171917896613904

What are we doing here folks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh we've all see Die Hard hundreds of times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHVRFYFbCSo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Could be that the number of viewers for the foreign language period drama wasn't commensurate with the licensing fee.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jesus christ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

swickles posted:

I really want to know what impact the NFL wild card game being Peacock only had on both its ratings and Peacock subscriptions, and how many zombie subs remain 6 months from now.

Source

quote:

There was a big bright spot for the streamer in early 2024. With its controversial, exclusive AFC Wildcard NFL playoff game, Peacock set a new record for the largest streaming-signups moment in history (or at least since Antenna began measuring in 2019). Over a three-day period (defined by Antenna as a “moment”), Peacock onboarded 2.8 million subscribers. That’s the most they’ve seen in 72 hours. (The largest-ever single day for streaming signups remains 2.5 million signups for Disney+ on its launch day in 2019.)

The 2.8 million signups include first-time users testing the service out on a 7-day trial. It is too early still to know how many people churned out of (canceled) Peacock after the trial, or after one paid month. That will all be realized in the first quarter of 2024.

A good chunk it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How many seasons of Reacher do you think there have been