Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

New thread, new desire to talk about BSG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We watched UK Jeopardy tonight and it made the episode of Only Connect we had watched previously feel like a lightning quiz in comparison.

I don’t watch OC a ton because it makes us feel incredibly stupid, but I will forever feel accomplished for 1. Having a legit answer for a round 2 problem with ‘BUKKAKE’ and 2. Getting it faster than the team got their inferior answer.

Watching it does make NYT Connections mostly feel as easy as piss too, and I’ve only gotten a handful of them wrong since it started.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

fyallm posted:

Is there a MAFS (married at first sight) thread?

I hate that I can’t stop watching that show. UK and AU, anyway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s a lot of money to watch 18 hours of Star Trek TNG a day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MarcusSA posted:

I’m only 3 episodes in but Fool Me Once on Netflix is really drat good! It’s a limited run series so I guess that means it’s a one and done?

Yeah it’s marked as Ended rather than Continuing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This video of Americans watching Bottom kinda sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd_JNdv8esY

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Khanstant posted:

Idk how applicable it is, humour evolves over time and this seems comparable to the same people watching a 40 year old US comedy.

Literally aired at the same time as Friends, which is not exactly a show I would say alienates the gently caress out of younger Brits today (and that video clip is almost 10 years old too).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

jesus christ

I get mad if I lose $10. Like if I forget to cancel a free trial to Peacock or something.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven’t seen the US version yet, but I’m gonna jump in and say to watch the UK seasons too as they’re mostly likely better. No celebs it’s all just regular people, the stories all the way through are great and both seasons end with strong finales. Claudia absolutely makes the show her own.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GreenNight posted:

Don't trust anyone with two first names.

drat straight, they’re often Facebook scammers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3295518

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Charlamagne is a rapist by his own admission, let’s not waste any words on that guy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Uk one is garbage, and the US one peaked with the Dolly Parton story

It’s incredible how bad the UK one is. It’s worth watching an episode with someone you like just to lose all respect for them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Your biggest mistake is watching a Netflix documentary. I’m sure there’s still some OK ones produced, but there’s so much filler I just skip them all now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Open Source Idiom posted:

Maybe I shouldn't judge because my father's not a serial killer, but this seems like a loving weird way to process that trauma.

I’m trying to work out which trauma you mean, I assumed Dennis Quaid but I’m not seeing any connection to a serial killer on his wiki?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm talking about Melissa Moore. i.e. the woman who's producing a TV series that uses her own life as a jumping off point for a series that imagines that perhaps her dad may have actually done even more murders and that a fictional version of herself is the only one who can prove he did them.

Ah, I assume given she’s already done a book and podcast about it then this has just become her whole personality now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I never finished it either, it just started to grate so much. Cam and Mitch just hate eachother so much it stopped being funny, should’ve just been the Phil show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jerusalem posted:

This is how I found out there's a Mandy Patinkin version of Knives Out :psyduck:

Don’t think it’s any relation to Knives Out, OP just used it as a comparative.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn’t the Neuromancer news come out last year? There was a fake poster doing the rounds along with it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was entirely fake IIRC, though this might have spurred interest in a legit adaptation, who knows.

Same show runner listed, so looks like a legitimate leak.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The trailer of Elsbeth screamed CBS show. Definitely feels like you have to have prior investment in that character to consider watching it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

OldSenileGuy posted:

I watched the pilot of Elsbeth having never seen The Good Wife and only seen a few seasons of The Good Fight, none with her in it.

I wasn’t lost at all. It’s totally it’s own thing. And it’s just shamelessly Columbo, and I’m ok with that because I want more Columbo.

I didn’t mean it from a ‘you’d be lost’ perspective, more a ‘this looks poo poo and looks aimed at 60 year olds’ one. People like those other shows so I’m sure it has something more to it, but I had no idea it was an existing character when I saw the trailer and had zero interest in going further.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Whoever was talking up US Traitors is in trouble, because these people (s1) are making the Australian s2 cast, aka the dumbest people to ever be on tv, look like geniuses in comparison.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t know if I can put myself through it again after Australia sucked out my will to live. UK s2 still reigns supreme, then UK s1 and AU s1 are tied. Goddamnit US, when that faithful dropped the weird rear end note, and the person who found it told an actual traitor you were feeding me TV gold. When the 3 idiots in the tower collectively decided to then murder a random rather than frame the hell out of that lady, I wanted to murder you all myself.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 16, 2024

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I probably only ever saw one seasons worth back in the 90s and it still made about enough sense. Seemed fine.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes it finished its season this week. I kinda liked it still and I’ll watch next season.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GateOfD posted:

started watching Resident Alien

has a mix of the freaky alien stuff + medical tv show stuff that has me interested, and like the alien trying to act human antics

Alan is just stupendous in the role and deserves a bunch of awards, and s3 they finally find someone his equal. S2 is a bit of a slog at times, but it’s a fun show that feels like it’s about to hit its natural end and I’ll miss it. Really it could just take away all the plot and just have him react to things in the most absurd ways without anyone thinking twice, and I could watch it forever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

S1 is easily the best season, I don’t even really compare it to that anymore. I just pick out the things I like and kinda just don’t worry too much about the stuff I don’t. I think we have the same opinions on each aspect (I really didn’t care for the cop at the beginning, he does make me laugh on occasion now and the mayor and his wife can just fall down a hole as far as I’m concerned) and I really just stick around for Harry stuff. I feel like S3 is having to deal with the fallout of having too much stuff happen in S2 and a reduced episode count would’ve been better that year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GreenNight posted:

Quantum Leap reboot canceled.

File that under ‘huh I thought that already got cancelled a year or two back’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s not a single character in the history of media I am more sick and done with than Batman. There never seems to be a moment these days where there isn’t something Batman related happening and it just needs to end. Drown the loving guy and make it cannon.

That said, yeah I’d watch Thadman.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s a sentence that has never been written before, and hopefully never again.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bull3964 posted:

Fallout was renewed.

Not sure I’ll tune in again. I went from being totally into the first season to just not caring whatsoever. The characters all loving suck.

(Goggins aside, naturally)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vudu supports MoviesAnywhere, but I don’t know if that applies to TV shows?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was my guess, but I wouldn’t entirely trust a companies name to be 100% accurate. See: Carphone Warehouse who existed multiple decades after anyone was using a carphone. MoviesAndTVShowsAnywhere doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Medullah posted:

Obviously his greatest role is Venus Van Dam from Sons of Anarchy but I cannot in good faith recommend anyone watch that show.

Ha amazing, I never got that far (I stopped the minute they announced they were going to Ireland as I heard that season stunk) so I never knew that Cletus Van Dam from The Shield had a twin brother.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ok, even more amazing!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Medullah posted:

Tangent, but I came across this page a while back and it made me laugh.

Absurd Trolley Problems

I’m never getting on a trolley again. This is far too stressful a way to lead my life.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was a jaw dropping twist I did not see coming in a sitcom, I’m sorry you didn’t get to enjoy that but glad it inspired you to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shageletic posted:

I've posted about this elsewhere but the fact the sequel was excellent was really unexpected sand the fact the people behind it aren't doing anything with the show afaik isn't inspiring me with hope

I wish Villeneuve dedicated a decade to BR rather than Dune, honestly.

Also for the poster whose wife loves Gilmore Girls and Mrs Maisel, just making sure she’s seen Bunheads too.