Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The excuse that he listens to music all the time was so lazy. Like, the first twenty minutes had all the care and attention, including the coffee shop delivery in time to the music. Then he was like “oh wot jeeves I still have another hour of run time? Oh bother”

Still totally worth the watch to see Don Draper and Django just chew the scenery at each other

E: either taking about baby driver or prestige here, I forgot which

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It didnt do enough of the sync gimming and didn't fulky commit to the villain having the inhuman endurance of a terminator by revealing his biomechanical skeleton at the end

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
After Inception came out and my friend and I both liked it he insisted that I watch The Prestige. I got around to it few weeks later and was really enjoying it until the reveal on Hugh Jackman’s side where even though I was by myself told the movie out loud to “eat poo poo.” For me putting in a duplication machine that actually duplicates Hugh Jackman breaks the rules of the movie. It was a perfectly fine movie about slight-of-hand and trickery, then out of nowhere that poo poo happens. It was like watching Casablanca then, instead of Rick, a talking dog helps them escape.

Also, for a movie about car chases, Baby Driver has an embarrassing lack.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Ok, A.I. may not be completely terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJW917KRWpA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah no that sucks too

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

yeah no that sucks too

gripweed poo poo the fu—uh, wait, yes, yeah.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Driving montage, just loving cool as gently caress.....

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Only artisanal digital media for me

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

redshirt posted:

Edgar Wright only makes movies so he can make cool music videos.

Correct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tVH7BPb-Q

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

edgar wright's solo movies are soulless shampoo ads and simon pegg's are sincere but visually barren. they should not be allowed to work apart

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Well goddamn, y'all. Challengers. Just an absolutely amazing movie. Somehow has both less sex and more sex than you would expect from the trailer. I don't think I've ever heard a movie soundtrack that so fully captured such an urgent and rage-filled sense of sexual frustration. Overall, the whole thing is a beautiful piece of art about the attempt to truly connect to one another.

For all that we complain about everything being sequels and remakes, it's nice to have a weekend like this, where a completely unique movie managed to open at number 1 in the box office.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Vakal posted:

Ok, A.I. may not be completely terrible.

Yes it is you loving idiot

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

For all that we complain about everything being sequels and remakes, it's nice to have a weekend like this, where a completely unique movie managed to open at number 1 in the box office.

Challengers 2 is gonna be about a fourgy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gutcruncher posted:

Yes it is you loving idiot

My favorite part is the shot where Robocop has either no mouth or two mouths

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pickleball sequel

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

lost old man posted:

After Inception came out and my friend and I both liked it he insisted that I watch The Prestige. I got around to it few weeks later and was really enjoying it until the reveal on Hugh Jackman’s side where even though I was by myself told the movie out loud to “eat poo poo.” For me putting in a duplication machine that actually duplicates Hugh Jackman breaks the rules of the movie. It was a perfectly fine movie about slight-of-hand and trickery, then out of nowhere that poo poo happens. It was like watching Casablanca then, instead of Rick, a talking dog helps them escape.

Understandable, but it really does play into the movie's themes in interesting ways. A magician discovers actual magic, but he has to still make it seem like it's not actual magic or else people would freak out. The movie sets you up by teaching you all the psychology of magic tricks, and then this guy threatens to undermine the whole thing. Except the more traditional magician "wins" in the end, using a technique that's so obvious if you're thinking to look for it, but... "but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

Understandable, but it really does play into the movie's themes in interesting ways. A magician discovers actual magic, but he has to still make it seem like it's not actual magic or else people would freak out. The movie sets you up by teaching you all the psychology of magic tricks, and then this guy threatens to undermine the whole thing. Except the more traditional magician "wins" in the end, using a technique that's so obvious if you're thinking to look for it, but... "but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

Yeah and Jackman goes to insane lengths to beat an obvious and simple trick, only to recreate the disappearing bird act seen at the very beginning of the film (ie the illusion of magic via a pile of dead bodies).

The sci-fi aspect may be impossible but it riffs off the imagined possibilities of invention at a time when science was changing the world. And, y'know, Bowie as Tesla. C'mon.

Stylistically and thematically I think it's one of Nolan's stronger films, along with Memento and Inception.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

I know this is rich coming from me, but are you ok man?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what. generally? terrible. thread specifically? doing great, referencing a thing, acting exasperated and running any gag that exists into the ground as is in keeping with the thread theme. it's no "not knowing where iran is" but its all ive got

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Well, I'm sorry for the real life bit but otherwise cool as

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the cerveza cristal poo poo was funny and i wasnt tired of it and everyone who complained hates fun

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I took a tour of the seized Iranian embassy to rent, with the State Department as landlord. I had to pretend and represent like some kind of non hosed up Fraternity (it was just a hosed up Fraternity).

8 car garage. 2 BBQ pits on the roof. Great location in DC. Would recommend.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
For some reason I was thinking today that it's surprising that they haven't remade The Running Man yet.

If they did, I could see Drew Carrey being good in the Killian role.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Vakal posted:

For some reason I was thinking today that it's surprising that they haven't remade The Running Man yet.

If they did, I could see Drew Carrey being good in the Killian role.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1778475401444249862

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Thanks, I hate it

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I've seen multiple movies this guy is in and he made absolutely no impression on me

in similar news, aaron taylor johnson has been cast in danny boyle's 28 years later

:shrug:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

although I guess that did bring us this

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t know who that is

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

priznat posted:

I don’t know who that is

thats kraven from the hit sony movie kraven

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

I don’t know who that is

He played Randy on Home Improvement

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

He played Randy on Home Improvement

Why do all those child stars have 3 names?!?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Regular Wario posted:

How dynamic is he?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Regular Wario posted:

Don't take Kraven if you are allergic to Kraven

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

Why do all those child stars have 3 names?!?

I dunno how embarrassing this is but I only just recently learned they’re called “double barreled” names and I just think that’s cool as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

I dunno how embarrassing this is but I only just recently learned they’re called “double barreled” names and I just think that’s cool as gently caress

I’ve never heard that term before either, are they when both parents hyphenate the name for the kids? Often the child actors just have their middle name in there instead, dunno if that is different.