Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mysterious frankie posted:

I just want to take this time to respond to the poster who, near the end of last thread, made the erroneous claim that “Ds get degrees”. Ds do NOT get degrees. Not even at junior college. Probably not even at clown or hamburger college. Please don’t start this new year by slacking off and getting Ds because an elderly man or woman in the old folks thread told you it was ok, young people. Strive for Cs, the grade of champions.

Thank you.

As are easy if you try a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i dont know why but i did an 80s/90s hong kong mini film marathon for new years:

1) righting wrongs (1986) - loving loved it. whipped rear end. cynthia rothrock does good fight stuff and a man who didnt even wear a wig to try to look like cynthia rothrock did her best stunt. also SPOILER ALERT she loving dies which was a genuine shock.

2) armour of god (1986) - realized halfway through that i had seen it before. every stunt jackie chan does is great. movie isnt too great. famous for being the film that came closest to killing jackie. fell out a tree and literally cracked his skull. there is a scene where jackie has to fight 4 beautiful women, but through 90% of the fight, they turn into muscular asian men in wigs. an odd artistic choice but its nearly seamless.

3) operation condor (amour of god 2) (1991) - kind of loved it despite being dumb. stunts werent anything to write home about but had a great 3rd act. maybe i was just the right amount of drunk by the time this one came on.

I didn’t have a Hong Kong marathon or anything but I did watch The Inspector Wears Skirts for the first time and it was a bunch of fun

https://youtu.be/oYiQ2C6caVw?si=o_nv4AXKOmC9jpSt

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
maybe this year some good movies will happen. probably not tho

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Gripweed posted:

lol get a load of this trier

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Gripweed posted:

Don’t listen to this person. I graduated Manga Yum Laude from Taco John’s Tacollege, and it was the most grueling two weeks of my life.
—-

Finally watched Beef and it was loving great! Netflix needs to get their auto play previews sorted; I waited so long to check it out because the platform tried to entice me with a random goddamn clip of a couple being lovely to each other in an art gallery, which made me think it was a yuppie version of You’re the Worst. They did the same thing with May December too. Just play the trailer, not a thirty second clip apparently picked at random from the show, how is that hard?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

dreezy posted:

Allegedly we're getting a third Venom movie.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

dreezy posted:

SONIC THE MOTHERFUCKING HEDGEHOG
THREE

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
This summer sonic is gonna gently caress all your mothers and steal their rings

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

gently caress movies

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

gently caress movies

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vinegar Syndrome just announced they're doing Hauntedween on bluray

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I got the alamo draft house pass. north by northwest tomorrow night and lotr this weekend. I'm making 2024 my personal year of classic movies. gently caress new movies tbqh

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

X JAKK posted:

SONIC THE MOTHERFUCKING HEDGEHOG
THREE

they’ve been building up to this, this is the year Sonic finally gets pregnant

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Which episode was it where they admitted they changed their minds on Lower Decks?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

I got the alamo draft house pass. north by northwest tomorrow night and lotr this weekend. I'm making 2024 my personal year of classic movies. gently caress new movies tbqh

Hell yeah

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Gripweed posted:

Allegedly we're getting a third Venom movie.

Also a third Spider-verse cartoon movie, IIRC. I liked the first two Spider-verse movies and thought the first two Venom movies were pretty okay (high praise, I know), so I'll probably check out their respective third installments whenever they come out.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I, on the other hand, will never watch another sony movie as long as I live

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I, on the other hand, will never watch another sony movie as long as I live
Your...loss?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Murdstone posted:

Your...loss?

This is the single most cursed image in the internet. Yes, more cursed then the one you just thought of.

loving "tetraquel"? Just write sequel, they all suck regardless.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Madame Web could be fun

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I thought they released a Kraven The Hunter trailer before the Madame Web trailer... why is it coming out six months after Madame Web?

Whatever, never mind, I don't care.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
fictional 2024 seems pretty weak as well. Star trek has irish reunification, some of the Purge movies take place in 2024, and the recent marvel slop happens. the Texas Gladiators happened 4 years ago and nothing else is on the horizon.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

Hell yeah. I love getting out to see classic movies on the big screen. I've got Goodfellas booked for this weekend, in fact.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
oh god im already 3 pages behind in the new thread and it's not even noon yet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I thought they released a Kraven The Hunter trailer before the Madame Web trailer... why is it coming out six months after Madame Web?

Whatever, never mind, I don't care.

It feels like they're sending Madame Web out to die. Which is weird, a movie with four Spider-Girls could do really well. It definitely seems like an easier pitch than Kraven

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It feels like they're sending Madame Web out to die. Which is weird, a movie with four Spider-Girls could do really well. It definitely seems like an easier pitch than Kraven

maybe if they'd gotten a different nepo baby to lead, but as it stands it stars Dakota Johnson and she has all the charisma of a paper bag

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

fictional 2024 seems pretty weak as well. Star trek has irish reunification, some of the Purge movies take place in 2024, and the recent marvel slop happens. the Texas Gladiators happened 4 years ago and nothing else is on the horizon.

dont forget the bell riots which have a halfway decent chance of actually happening

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

dreezy posted:

dont forget the bell riots which have a halfway decent chance of actually happening

inshallah

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Which episode was it where they admitted they changed their minds on Lower Decks?

None that I recall, but Mike knew that Jerry O’Connell does a voice in the Trek Trivia video.

That either means he changed his mind and is watching it or he knows basic voice actor information after hanging out with Jack “Legacy Baby” Quaid all day

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
new year new me! I'm going to stop doing that thing where I post in a way where it's hard to tell how serious I am

really enjoying watching Ōsama Rangkingu while walking around in circles in my living room.

gently caress.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
*looks at watch* they should probably come up with a title for that. I'd want to come up with a title for it soon, me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

mysterious frankie posted:

I just want to take this time to respond to the poster who, near the end of last thread, made the erroneous claim that “Ds get degrees”. Ds do NOT get degrees. Not even at junior college. Probably not even at clown or hamburger college. Please don’t start this new year by slacking off and getting Ds because an elderly man or woman in the old folks thread told you it was ok, young people. Strive for Cs, the grade of champions.

Thank you.

it was metaphorical Ds

dick down for your doctorate

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just encountered an extremely cursed article on my news feed that has someone promoting Alexandra Daddario as Rogue in the MCU Xmen simply because she’s “buxom”. Then they mention how Anna Paquin was “waifish”.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Cubone posted:

*looks at watch* they should probably come up with a title for that. I'd want to come up with a title for it soon, me.

For some reason it was called "Bad Boys: Kang Did Nothing Wrong" so they had to change it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

trilobite terror posted:

maybe if they'd gotten a different nepo baby to lead, but as it stands it stars Dakota Johnson and she has all the charisma of a paper bag

She was good in Suspiria.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cubone posted:

Bad 4 Boys 4 Life

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

She was good in Suspiria.

oh that's true

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

trilobite terror posted:

she looks pretty cute tho

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I'm sure sony's madame web will be just as well directed as suspiria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

thats also the conclusion i reached when i watched the trailer