Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mystes posted:

When netflix really runs out of ideas maybe they'll make a reboot of arrested development as a serious drama

I hope they bring back Will Arnett playing it totally straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I wouldn't describe game of thrones or arrested development as "a family is jockeying for power and there are a lot of illegitimate children"

Ultra
Dec 30, 2004

Oh no.
Starting to watch Rebel Moon, because I am a sucker for Sci Fi and Sci Fi ships. So far it is basically farming cosplay, random mechs, and someone, apparently from Oceans 11, who knows people that can get stuff done. Like ride bird monsters.

So far, so good.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I just finished rewatching Battlestar Galactica season 1 on Blu ray thanks to the thread mentioning it the other day. The show loving rules, episodes like 33 are pretty much untouchable by any sci-fi tv this century.

Hilariously though before every single episode the Blu ray has two pieces of additional content:

A disclaimer saying the episodes have not been altered to respect the original creative vision but worded in a way that is very specifically "it's poo poo on purpose and you just don't get it man". There is some really noisy footage and dodgy CGI but who gives a gently caress.

A segment where Ronald D Moore sits in a turned off edit bay philosophising and occasionally tapping at an avid keyboard (connected to the turned off edit bay).

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Kingo Ligma posted:

I just finished rewatching Battlestar Galactica season 1 on Blu ray thanks to the thread mentioning it the other day. The show loving rules, episodes like 33 are pretty much untouchable by any sci-fi tv this century.

Hilariously though before every single episode the Blu ray has two pieces of additional content:

A disclaimer saying the episodes have not been altered to respect the original creative vision but worded in a way that is very specifically "it's poo poo on purpose and you just don't get it man". There is some really noisy footage and dodgy CGI but who gives a gently caress.

A segment where Ronald D Moore sits in a turned off edit bay philosophising and occasionally tapping at an avid keyboard (connected to the turned off edit bay).

what the gently caress blu rays are you watching? Mine has Ronald talking poo poo at the start of each season, which you can just skip, but none of the 'disclaimer' stuff lol

BSG did Helo dirty. He is pretty cool in the first season but then he basically turns into Captain America and is boring as gently caress. Baltar is basically Space-Withnail and that owns. Adama and Tigh are the most consistently interesting characters.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Quote-Unquote posted:

what the gently caress blu rays are you watching? Mine has Ronald talking poo poo at the start of each season, which you can just skip, but none of the 'disclaimer' stuff lol

BSG did Helo dirty. He is pretty cool in the first season but then he basically turns into Captain America and is boring as gently caress. Baltar is basically Space-Withnail and that owns. Adama and Tigh are the most consistently interesting characters.

No Captain America is a good character that is interesting to watch deal with things. Helo is mostly just a prig. Adama and Tigh are, on balance, the most functional couple on the show.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I wouldn't describe game of thrones or arrested development as "a family is jockeying for power and there are a lot of illegitimate children"

They both have that though!! Totally the same.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Helo is like a foot taller than most other people so he should simply eat them when they get in his way.

I like the bit where Adama smashes up a model ship and it turned out IRL it was an antique on loan and was worth a lot of money, but Edward James Olmos didn't know that and smashed it up because he thought it would be a cool moment for his character (he was right)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Challengers (the Zendaya tennis threesome movie), not because I was particularly interested in the movie but because I'd heard Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' score for it and loved it and I wanted to hear that on a Dolby Atmos system. On that front, it totally delivered and the score sounded incredible on that sound system. The movie was just okay, though. I think I just don't care for Luca Guadagnino as a director. I didn't like Call Me By Your Name, I didn't like his Suspiria remake, I wasn't crazy about Bones and All and this one didn't do it for me either. I probably need to stop giving him chances.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Rageaholic posted:

I saw Challengers (the Zendaya tennis threesome movie), not because I was particularly interested in the movie but because I'd heard Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' score for it and loved it and I wanted to hear that on a Dolby Atmos system. On that front, it totally delivered and the score sounded incredible on that sound system. The movie was just okay, though. I think I just don't care for Luca Guadagnino as a director. I didn't like Call Me By Your Name, I didn't like his Suspiria remake, I wasn't crazy about Bones and All and this one didn't do it for me either. I probably need to stop giving him chances.

I saw the trailers for that and it just seemed weird to me that a movie in TYOOL was trying to portray a threesome as somehow shocking and dramatic. I guess there’s some other sort of plot about a tennis comeback and sexual manipulation or some poo poo, idk I’m just not into sportsball drama.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I heard there is a lot of male full frontal c/d

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

priznat posted:

I heard there is a lot of male full frontal c/d
There's a part in a locker room where a dude hangs dong. That's about it. Oh, and a part in a sauna where you see a guy's rear end. That's the only nudity in the whole movie.

colonelwest posted:

I saw the trailers for that and it just seemed weird to me that a movie in TYOOL was trying to portray a threesome as somehow shocking and dramatic. I guess there’s some other sort of plot about a tennis comeback and sexual manipulation or some poo poo, idk I’m just not into sportsball drama.
Yeah, that's mostly what it's about. There isn't even a threesome in the movie. At one point Zendaya makes out with the two dudes at once, but they don't all gently caress. It's just a love triangle thing.

It kinda bored me because I am not into tennis in real life and this didn't change my mind about that.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 26, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah, that's mostly what it's about. There isn't even a threesome in the movie. At one point Zendaya makes out with the two dudes at once, but they don't all gently caress. It's just a love triangle thing.

Had no plans to see this, but it's funny the movie they 100% marketed as psychosexual thriller stemming from a threesome gone wrong (or too right?) has no threesome.

Like making a Mortal Kombat movie with a fighting tournament!

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 26, 2024

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Quote-Unquote posted:

No idea of version but they're old as gently caress and also have a "Blu ray is a new format and you might need to update your player to watch this" warning on them.

It is really noticeable/weird how they're trying to have scenes with groups of cylons but don't want to give away who the others are though. "For some reason we only sent thousands of Tricia Helfers and Grace Parks to this planet" etc.

And I only just realised on this watch Helfer is an absolutely incredible actress. I think recognition of her performance suffers pretty badly from smoke show blindness.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the ennio doc was good but it was a weird choice to end it on 10 minutes of news footage of 9/11

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
whats the point of making a threesome movie if there isnt fuckin and suckin

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Quote-Unquote posted:

The Room which was just baffling to me. A woman I was seeing convinced me to watch it with her, and I guess it's interesting in the fact that it fails at literally every single aspect of filmmaking but it's not worth watching at all.
what

do you not love hilarity

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Room is pitch perfect comedy, it’s enjoyable even for people who aren’t hardcore bad movie fans like the boys.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Regular Wario posted:

Sometimes the tension is as good as seeing the act. Luca Guadagnino does appreciate layering on the tension.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I watched a season and a half of BSG and I don't remember anything except that I thought the way their technology worked was cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Quote-Unquote posted:

I like the bit where Adama smashes up a model ship and it turned out IRL it was an antique on loan and was worth a lot of money, but Edward James Olmos didn't know that and smashed it up because he thought it would be a cool moment for his character (he was right)

They ended up making a joke of it how many times the ship got smashed. I'm pretty sure the moment EJO smashed it for real was after Starbuck died in Season 3. Then afterwards Adama starts smashing it (a replica) every other episode whenever he has a mental breakdown or starts throwing hands with Saul.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I like Leone and I'm finally watching "Duck, You Sucker" and they are saying poo poo and gently caress a lot and I am wondering is there like a newer dub that I am watching or was it originally like this in 1971?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Saw the People's Joker tonight and it was awesome. Just a really cool movie on top of being the best use case of Batman IP in a movie, period.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Regular Wario posted:

:yeah:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
best threesome movies:

1. wild things 4: foursome

gently caress, poo poo, i already messed it up

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
me myself and irene was pretty good for like, that type of movie

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 23 days!)

BSG is a weird show because it's a lot of good ideas about doing a gritty down to earth space opera, but it mixes it with a lot of bad ideas about religion and muddies the waters of its core concepts so much that it stops being about anything really. It's the next step from DS9 and is better, worse, dumber and cooler. But for the first 2 and a bit seasons before it becomes obvious the show is just rambling it all works pretty well.

I've never rewatched season 4 but I remember even when I first watched it, big BSG fan mode, starting to laugh at the show with its melodrama and nonsense lore. I remember one scene of Adama crying in his quarters near the end being hysterical.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I liked it when adama jr got real fat. I was like "haha get a load of this fatso!"

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I liked it when adama jr got real fat. I was like "haha get a load of this fatso!"

That was when I finally understood that representation was important

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
alright that's it. i'm watching bsg after the x-files. thanks rlm thread

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Saw the People's Joker tonight and it was awesome. Just a really cool movie on top of being the best use case of Batman IP in a movie, period.

I'm glad, I saw a promo a while back before another movie and it looked like total poo poo

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sex Farm posted:

As a kid I thought farscape was also star trek. Lexx was not star trek though

I wish RLM would review the lexx movies

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

I wish RLM would review the lexx movies

It would definitely be a Jack Re:View. Jay and Mike probably don't even know what Lexx is. Rich may have seen a few episodes of the show.

Jack and Culk are the most probable Lexx perverts.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lexx has nudity in the first episode so it's automatically better than any star trek. That's all I know about lexx

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
stargate sg1 has nudity in the first episode

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
why aren't you watching lexx right now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

That the Potion Seller guy wrote it would be the main selling point to me.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

lobsterminator posted:

It would definitely be a Jack Re:View. Jay and Mike probably don't even know what Lexx is. Rich may have seen a few episodes of the show.

Jack and Culk are the most probable Lexx perverts.

colin literally worked on lexx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
why didn't he never tell me this