Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Bear posted:

Off topic but what amuses me about Threads is how amazingly out of fashion and touch Britain is comparatively to the rest of the world during that time period. It's 1984 but everyone and everything looks like it's the 1950s. Britain is a joke basically.

Lol sitting down to watch threads for some reason but then just sneering at the fashion of the various burning shapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZhTkvSIXY

CONTENT ALARM

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

billymumphrey posted:

It's Türkiye not Turkey, you turkey!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I loved the quick cuts in that Threads link. Including the lady peeing her pants. Real quick.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

billymumphrey posted:

It's Türkiye not Turkey, you turkey!

lol, so Turkey ended up lost the naming rights to it's on name in the Turkey vs turkeys lawsuit?

Well sucks to be them I guess.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jay just hasn't been the same since Elon put that chip in his brain

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Confirmed that Jay likes Men "quite a bit".

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

redshirt posted:

I loved the quick cuts in that Threads link. Including the lady peeing her pants. Real quick.

Rewatching it after posting it made me really appreciate the sound editing in the immediate seconds after the characters see the mushroom cloud. Just having the house alarms, howling dogs and crying children cranked up just high enough in the mix that you know how horrifyingly incomprehensible the situation is to children and animals in the vicinity, but just low enough that if you're fully immersed in how the main characters are acting you just barely notice the auditory chaos and it's not massively distracting or cancelling out the dialogue entirely.

RapTrap
Apr 24, 2024
So apparently Season 2 of Velma came out and In case you were wondering who the big murderer of the season turns out to be, an evil Scrappy Doo. Yes, they're doing that.

His whole deal is that he kills people and tears the balls out because he was involved in this military experiment that went horribly wrong, and he wants to kill everyone involved in it.
He also wants to find Uncle Scooby.

Oh yeah, they're finally going to bring Scooby-Doo into the show.
In case any of you were hoping he would be spared from this piece of a poo poo show, well, too bad.

Turn out Scooby Doo is..... a woman named Sophie.

Now in case you're wondering who the gently caress would watch this show and who the gently caress is Sophie.

To make a long, stupid story short, Sophie was a female military officer who was assigned a job (and I'm not joking when I say this) to observe meddling kids solving mysteries while disguised as a waitress.
She hated the job, but one day, while observing kids watching dog videos, she had the idea of creating a talking dog (there was also this side plot of being Velma's stepmom, but it ultimately doesn't matter because nothing matters in this show).

She then disguised herself as a leather man in a mask to get her project going.

Why the disguised, you may ask?
Because this show likes to pretend women have it so much harder than men do despite the fact they constantly bring up that women the most brilliant beings in the world, yet they still like to pretend they're victims of an oppressive society despite them taking every opportunity to poo poo on men for free, epically Fred the only character they didn't race swap.

Anyways, to get back on track, her big project of creating talking dogs went to poo poo when Scrappy kept killing people, and the army couldn't kill him because, apparently, he's bulletproof (don't try making sense of this, the writers certainly didn't) Sophie would then spend all her time covering up all of the Scrappy murders and then try to escape to protect her family.

So after the mystery was revealed, they basically changed EVERYTHING about Scooby.
Scrappy tries to kill everyone, but through the power of bullshit and plot contrivance, they finally kill him.
But not only does Scrappy die, but Velma does as well.

Yeah, she dies!
The show kills her off and then has her kill Scrappy as a ghost. Oh and the original designs of Daphne and Velma appear in one episode.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Rewatching it after posting it made me really appreciate the sound editing in the immediate seconds after the characters see the mushroom cloud. Just having the house alarms, howling dogs and crying children cranked up just high enough in the mix that you know how horrifyingly incomprehensible the situation is to children and animals in the vicinity, but just low enough that if you're fully immersed in how the main characters are acting you just barely notice the auditory chaos and it's not massively distracting or cancelling out the dialogue entirely.
Yeah, the background sound of women/children screaming/shouting is a powerful soundtrack

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

well... i at least respect that they attempted something different

for some reason

presumably somebody was asking for this

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

RapTrap posted:

So apparently Season 2 of Velma came out and In case you were wondering who the big murderer of the season turns out to be, an evil Scrappy Doo. Yes, they're doing that.

His whole deal is that he kills people and tears the balls out because he was involved in this military experiment that went horribly wrong, and he wants to kill everyone involved in it.

In case any of you were hoping he would be spared from this piece of a poo poo show, well, too bad.

Now in case you're wondering who the gently caress would watch this show and who the gently caress is Sophie.

To make a long, stupid story short, Sophie was a female military officer who was assigned a job (and I'm not joking when I say this) to observe meddling kids solving mysteries while disguised as a waitress.
She hated the job, but one day, while observing kids watching dog videos, she had the idea of creating a talking dog (there was also this side plot of being Velma's stepmom, but it ultimately doesn't matter because nothing matters in this show).

Because this show likes to pretend women have it so much harder than men do despite the fact they constantly bring up that women the most brilliant beings in the world, yet they still like to pretend they're victims of an oppressive society despite them taking every opportunity to poo poo on men for free, epically Fred the only character they didn't race swap.

Anyways, to get back on track, her big project of creating talking dogs went to poo poo when Scrappy kept killing people, and the army couldn't kill him because, apparently, he's bulletproof (don't try making sense of this, the writers certainly didn't) Sophie would then spend all her time covering up all of the Scrappy murders and then try to escape to protect her family.

So after the mystery was revealed, they basically changed EVERYTHING about Scooby.
Scrappy tries to kill everyone, but through the power of bullshit and plot contrivance, they finally kill him.

Yeah, she dies!
The show kills her off and then has her kill Scrappy as a ghost. Oh and the original designs of Daphne and Velma appear in one episode.

Cool

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
New gimmick poster just dropped?

Unrelated anyone watch “Love Lies Bleeding”? I see it is showing up on streaming rentals etc now.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

RapTrap posted:

Yeah, she dies!

I would be equally willing to believe this is 100% accurate or complete bullshit, but I hope I never find out for sure or, in fact, think about this ever again.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I am Scrappy Doo :evilbuddy:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Also, everything he said happens

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

priznat posted:

Unrelated anyone watch “Love Lies Bleeding”? I see it is showing up on streaming rentals etc now.

i wanna see it but i heard it got some dudes so horned up that they got arrested. im a little scared

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i wanna see it but i heard it got some dudes so horned up that they got arrested. im a little scared

Was that the theatre jacker? I thought he was basically camping out in the theatre, drunk off his rear end and passed out with his pants down. He might not have even seen the film! But I get it that muscle lady is p hot.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

priznat posted:

It's so loving good. One of my favorites of the year so far.

RapTrap
Apr 24, 2024

Crescent Wrench posted:

I would be equally willing to believe this is 100% accurate or complete bullshit, but I hope I never find out for sure or, in fact, think about this ever again.

:emptyquote:

RapTrap fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 27, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

It's so loving good. One of my favorites of the year so far.

I had gotten spoilered on the ending a little while ago and now I have to see it just for that lol

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

RapTrap posted:

god only knows

hey gently caress you!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dandywalken posted:

I am Scrappy Doo :evilbuddy:

Well star in better shows then. :colbert:

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

priznat posted:

It's xjakk

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RapTrap posted:

Yeah, she dies!

So is it cancelled then? I'm not sure how it even got a second season, since few things were so instantly reviled, but I assume they'd written out a contract they couldn't go back on.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

redshirt posted:

Yeah, the background sound of women/children screaming/shouting is a powerful soundtrack

How did they get audio of me going to the local playground?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Sex Farm posted:

It's xjakk

Thank God..

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

How did they get audio of me going to the local playground?

"xjakk"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its probably driftingmouse, look at their only probe

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its probably driftingmouse, look at their only probe

Yeah you're right, but a man can dream.

Plus Velma is an adult cartoon not a cartoon for four year olds

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

its pretty obviously driftingmouse. down to only having like 5 posts and they all suck to the forum name that sounds like it was made by an ai

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Driftingmouse was...and I know this doesn't narrow it down much...the bitcoin guy?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Driftingmouse was...and I know this doesn't narrow it down much...the bitcoin guy?

The permabanned transphobe who keeps buying accounts to tell us that the key grip on an episode of Star Trek TOS died

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
KNUCKLES IS THE GREATEST GODDAMN SHOW OF ALL TIME AND ANYONE THAT DISAGREES IS SMELLY.

SeenYourPoopypants fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 27, 2024

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

PostNouveau posted:

The permabanned transphobe who keeps buying accounts to tell us that the key grip on an episode of Star Trek TOS died

gently caress this is how I find out about george rader????

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

KNUCKLES IS THE GREATEST GODDAMN SHOW OF ALL TIME AND ANYONE THAT DISAGREES IS SMELLY.

*panicked, waving my rifle around erratically*

Charlie is in the trees! They're everywhere! We're surrounded!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

*staring at a huge pile of poo poo*

if driftingmouse made this I hate it
if xjakk made it, I'm going to eat it for dinner

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Same but Mindy Kaling / George Miller

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
hey look there's a new video by redlettermedia out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

hey look there's a new video by redlettermedia out

Yeah I've got no interest in this movie they're talking about