Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

i would rather rewatch Popeye than one episode of a star wars tv show

Join me in this blood oath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Crescent Wrench posted:

My pet peeve is when content gets posted and the thread briefly glances in the rear view mirror before talking about Star Wars some more, so this video is a total no-win scenario for me.

I for one, glad this re:view is good kind of woke.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I want to sit Mike down and read him a big list of all the poo poo that happens in Episode 9

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

cities used to look better too. Picard season 2 or 3 whatever was shot in present day and it looks like poo poo.

and SETS. something like return of the living dead was shot on sets and it looked great. a green screen is not a set.

Along these lines, I was watching a lot of Stargate Atlantis. It's about 15 years old now, but all of the filming in sets, forests, 'middle eastern-like deserts'. There's a sense of gloss to everything.

Then you get an episode like "Vegas" that (admittedly) is trying to look like an episode of CSI, but the entire episode looks so great that even traditionally generic stuff like an office, board room, or secret base seem more realistic than anything I'd seen previously on the show.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Star Wars: Heroes. This guy's brain is goo, I love him

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i present: the average rlm thread poster

Rageaholic posted:

I'm looking through his IMDB and call me crazy but I think I might know him best as the voice of the vortigaunt from Half-Life 2. I don't think I'm familiar with a lot of his movies. But the dude was working steadily since the 60s and that's pretty impressive.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That isn't even his most well known alien role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuIemfjmIak

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I feel physically ill saying this, but jay and josh should have been the ones to discuss andor

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
dr. thoss has some theme options tonight, jesus or louis gossett jr.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I feel physically ill saying this, but jay and josh should have been the ones to discuss andor

I strongly suspect that Josh refuses to subscribe to Disney+ on principle, and thus has not seen any of the D+ Star Wars content. Hell, he probably hasn't even seen the sequel trilogy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A wise man

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Josh is good on re:View. Which also feels bad to say.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for them to make a good sequel or prequel to 1977's classic standalone film Star Wars." - Jesus yelling at the Rich Evan

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
josh isnt good on loving anything

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Andor owns cuz it’s got Gollum and also no lightsabers.

Theres my review, please subscribe to my patreon

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It seems like there is a direct correlation to quality of Wars of Stars to how many light sabers are included.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

jeeves posted:

It seems like there is a direct correlation to quality of Wars of Stars to how many light sabers are included.

I'm assuming you mean inverse correlation. Or do you consider Attack of the Clones to be the best Star Wars film?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

do you think dexter jettster and babu frik ever met?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ohhhhhhhhh yeah Rich is completely correct about Lucian

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i present: the average rlm thread poster

That could also apply to Tony Todd who replaced him as the Vortigaunt voices for the later Half Life 2 episodes and also played aliens like Kurn Worf's brother on Star Trek The Next Generation.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

That could also apply to Tony Todd who replaced him as the Vortigaunt voices for the later Half Life 2 episodes and also played aliens like Kurn Worf's brother on Star Trek The Next Generation.

And old Jake Sisko in that one episode where Sisko dies and Jake becomes a renowned one-hit-wonder novelist

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

I strongly suspect that Josh refuses to subscribe to Disney+ on principle, and thus has not seen any of the D+ Star Wars content. Hell, he probably hasn't even seen the sequel trilogy.

I think you're off-base, but only because Josh would NEVER shut up about his "I don't even own a TV" moments. (See the older BOTW where he goes out of his way to shoehorn in a reference to the fact that he doesn't have an iPhone.)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I didn't watch andor because it doesn't factor in to the baby yoda mythos

This

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Shea Wigham owns

He does, first saw him on Boardwalk Empire but it's always great when he shows up in something. I was surprised to see him in the new Mission Impossible but he kicks rear end in it!

Also he rules in the video for "close your eyes (and count to gently caress)" by Run the Jewels (with LaKeith Stanfield, who also owns)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGwI7nGehA

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

do you think dexter jettster and babu frik ever met?

Of course. They’ve friked so many times

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PostNouveau posted:

I googled "is luthen a Jedi" and apparently he shares a name with some Jedi apprentice. Rich completely one million percent nailed it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PostNouveau posted:

And old Jake Sisko in that one episode where Sisko dies and Jake becomes a renowned one-hit-wonder novelist

A one-hit wonder called Anslem. Michael Taylor wrote that episode of DS9 and after Star Trek he joined Ron Moore doing Battlestar Galactica. In the spinoff series Blood and Chrome a Viper pilot announces he has a son named Anslem. This series also had production and writing credits for Taylor.

I only say this because that is an oddly specific name to appear in both shows he worked on.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

its pretty solid but, i feel like this should be a real poo poo or get off the pot moment for rich's prophecy routine. he's been doing that fingers locked, thumbs twiddling leaning back prediction face in every star trek/wars video they've made and he hasn't been right about anything since like 2019. dumb rear end hole predicted sisko being in picard

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

its pretty solid but, i feel like this should be a real poo poo or get off the pot moment for rich's prophecy routine. he's been doing that fingers locked, thumbs twiddling leaning back prediction face in every star trek/wars video they've made and he hasn't been right about anything since like 2019. dumb rear end hole predicted sisko being in picard

They coulda got Avery Brooks onboard if they'd just let him do a jazz piano number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnaRaeW2yg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm impressed that both Mike and Rich got the completely wrong read on Syril Karn's character arc. I expect that front Mike but Rich? They're so, so close to recognizing that Syril's story is about how good intentions and ideals get corrupted by fascism leading normal people to draw the wrong conclusions, only for both Mike and Rich to also draw the wrong conclusion themselves.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Crescent Wrench posted:

My pet peeve is when content gets posted and the thread briefly glances in the rear view mirror before talking about Star Wars some more, so this video is a total no-win scenario for me.

Star wars is in the front view mirror tonight baybeeeeeeeee

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rich evans absolutely has what it takes to be a prophet insofar as the 95% of his predictions that are wrong simply roll right off of people's backs

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm impressed that both Mike and Rich got the completely wrong read on Syril Karn's character arc. I expect that front Mike but Rich? They're so, so close to recognizing that Syril's story is about how good intentions and ideals get corrupted by fascism leading normal people to draw the wrong conclusions, only for both Mike and Rich to also draw the wrong conclusion themselves.

Midwesterners not understanding fascism is the number one political force on earth right now so I can't really blame them.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

No Mods No Masters posted:

Rich evans absolutely has what it takes to be a prophet insofar as the 95% of his predictions that are wrong simply roll right off of people's backs

The wholesome Musk

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

The wholesome Musk

Elon Musk when asked about future Star Wars content:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

Star wars is in the front view mirror tonight baybeeeeeeeee

I know, I can put up a tough front, but I'll be watching that new re:View trash...

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I watched Christmas or Crocodiles instead.

They shoulda done Gatorface. But also the other Johnson family movie.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Mike came out of Darmok saying “but why do the aliens have English words? It don’t make no sense that the aliens have English words mixed in!” missing the entire point of the universal translator translating the words themselves just fine, but being completely unable to translate the intent behind them. We can’t trust Mike with thinking about stuff.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cassian of Imola posted:

looking forward to watching this tonight. I hope they're either right so I get to lord it over all the Andor haters, or wrong so I get to argue with the cretinous RLM stans who haven't had an original opinion in their lives
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Arc Hammer posted:

A one-hit wonder called Anslem. Michael Taylor wrote that episode of DS9 and after Star Trek he joined Ron Moore doing Battlestar Galactica. In the spinoff series Blood and Chrome a Viper pilot announces he has a son named Anslem. This series also had production and writing credits for Taylor.

I only say this because that is an oddly specific name to appear in both shows he worked on.

Anselm_of_Canterbury

quote:

Despite his lack of recognition in this field in his own time, Anselm is now famed as the originator of the ontological argument for the existence of God and of the satisfaction theory of atonement.

:confuoot: