Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

FishBowlRobot posted:

Bernthal’s podcast sure is something if you ever wanted to see him roleplaying his life as a streetwise military vet talking to Shia LeBouf roleplaying his life as a cholo gangster.

I tried watching that poo poo a few months back because one friend of mine is a huge Bernthal fan but I had to turn it off after a few minutes. LaBeouf is a Disney kid and Bernthal is your typical privileged theater kid from a well-off family and yet here they are talking about their harrowing lives while spouting the lamest fortune cookie platitudes ever about how tough poo poo life is, man. The only good(?) purpose these podcasts have is they give us plenty of case studies on how narcissists behave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

X JAKK posted:

Im sorry you let your dreams be dreams

I only have nightmares.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

FeculentWizardTits posted:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think Bernthal is an okay actor but absolutely not the kind of guy that anyone would be a huge fan of

Yeah he buys into the "he's an actual tough guy from the streets" poo poo and who am I to ruin that for him. I just come here to vent instead.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Jose Oquendo posted:

The wild thing is the cinematographer is none other than Wally Pfister.

I was curious since I haven't seen his name on any film credits in a while and wondered what he's been up to. Apparently he stopped working for Chris Nolan and decided to just focus on directing films, starting (and ending) with Transcendence ten years ago.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Just got back from Dunc part 2 and it was alright. At times it felt like nothing much was happening, then it felt like months have suddenly gone by and then they were speedrunning through the third act. Of course it looks and sounds massive and epic, and it's always nice to see a good scifi moopie of this scale on the big screen. I haven't read the book(s) so some of it was a little confusing to my already stupid brain but still, I enjoyed it, especially the underlying sinister vibe running through it.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Just saw Godzilla x Kong and I'm kind of mixed on it. Of course the script sucks and the story is almost non-existent and incoherent and the humans are whatever but then I kind of appreciate that this kind of insanity is being made today. The end battle was basically the same as in Godzilla vs Kong so that was a little lame but there were some funny fight scenes throughout (Godzilla suplexing Kong). And it's hilarious how in ten years we have gone from "let's make a somewhat grounded and realistic Godzilla movie" to "secret societies, giant ape kingdoms and ice monsters in the hollow earth battling pink super-Godzilla, power gloved Kong & Mothra". The first Godzilla and Skull Island are still the best monsterverse moopies but somehow I'm glad they are still making these insane films, even if they are getting worse and worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Yeah poo poo like this rules. Or how in the same film they build up the Sam Jackson vs Kong confrontation and when it happens Kong immediately just squashes him like a bug. Similarly in GxK there's the cute baby ape you see in the trailers and when he first shows up he betrays and attacks Kong with his bad guy buddies so Kong grabs him and uses him as a club to beat up the bigger bad guys. loving ridiculous and hilarious.