Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Release the Snyder Cut!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Madame Web exists in the Morbius Cinematic Universe, correct?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

do either of the bad boys possess a unique superpower that could lead to fun action sequences?

Martin Lawrence had that crazy in him. You don't know what he's gonna do!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

The youngest bad boy is now 55, so I guess their super power is Reverse Benjamin Button syndrome.

And while I’m on the subject, what about this band Sonic Youth? Have you heard about this? Have you seen this? I hear Thurston Moore was considering reforming the band as Sonic Youth Get Off My Lawn!

Sonic AARP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i thought it was kinda poo poo much like almost all scalzi poo poo

Yeah, mostly the same. Fun enough to finish, but nothing special.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Today I learned what Nardwaur is

Some Finnish hipster with a popular 'zine?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wait, it's that weird rear end unicorn whale!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Not nearly the nudity I was expecting

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I saw Naked Lunch in the theater in Harvard Square. Top that nerds.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

only 50 or so years until star wars is public domain and it can stop

Steampunk Vader

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

Well? Did they find it

Stephen King got it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

If I can't ask you for the riddle answers who can I ask???

Sadly, Jeeves was killed in an alley in 2002. Most signs point to Google, but no one has made the link.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Like in the later Fast & Furious movies, or John Woo. At some point just watching two guys shoot at each other is boring, so you need something to mix it up. Like, the bad guy has a hostage. Or it takes place in a plane that's careening toward the ground. Or the good guy is carrying a child to safety. And it's a running fight through a hospital. Against a team of bad guys disguised as clowns during a make-a-wish.

Have you ever witnessed the beauty and grace that is Gunkata?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Today I was reminded of the time Matthew McConaughey fought a dragon with a battle axe.

Love "Reign of Fire".

That Star Wars re-enactment for the kids of apocalypse is so wonderful.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I remember being really confused at how there could be just one male dragon in the whole world. Wouldn't he get tired?

That dragon fucks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

Did the Coens split or was one of them just getting tired and wanted to retire? I thought I heard something about that too.

I care enough about this to actually do a bit of research. Yes, they each made solo movies in the past couple of years, but also appear to be back together on a new project. Also I can find nothing in my 2 minute search about a falling out or anything like that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

See this is why I don’t need to do any research!! :haw:

That said I will believe literally anything anyone tells me

Trust me. I did the research. :)

lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Damnit just got spoiled from a commercial for the new movie, The Beekeeper.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wonder how much it will cost to play as the Iron Giant.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Oh no, does he keep bees? :ohdear:

They all die, that's what sets him off. Some idiot gangster destroys his hive.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

but... they're bees. They can fly away. :confused:

:wtf:

:dafuq:

Gotta see The Beekeeper in theaters I guess. Maybe some fans and vacuums??

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

personally i cant wait for the beekeeper 4d, where they release several angry swarms of bees into the theatre

The armrests actually sting you multiple times

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Liam Neeson Snow Plow Driver Revenge Movie 3

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just wanted to add to the consensus: Dredd is a fantastic action film.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Gonna watch Escape from L.A. with dinner in a little while. What does the thread think about it? I've only seen it once before and I remember it not being great, but that was probably 15 years ago, so it's been a long time.

Prepare for the cheese!

I was disappointed when I first saw it because of the cheese.

Not I like it because of the cheese.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mordja posted:

When are they gonna make a Star Wars movie about stablekid?

D+ 8 Episode Event

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Has anyone seen the thoroughly B horror/comedy movie "Knights of Badassdom"? It's permanently on Amazon Prime.

Starring Peter Dinklage and that lady from Firefly.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did they say how? Fragged by his own guys? Fell into a VC bamboo pit?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I thought Shazam: Fury of the Gods was pretty good, for what it was (A DC super hero sequel). I liked the first one too.

I was legit shocked how violent and relatively brutal Fury of the Gods was. For a super hero movie about kid super heroes!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poisonpill posted:

At the risk of this becoming my signature bit….

There was a doctor strange 2?!?

Yeah, Wanda was the bad guy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bitterandtwisted posted:

They brought Stewart's Professor X back after Logan? Lame af

Easily handwaved away if desired by multi-dimensional hi jinks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm still pissed that Mad Max: Fury Road didn't win Best Picture and Best Director.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gratuitous alien milking scene

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Since The Flash movie introduced the idea that all Batmans are real and exist, just in different timelines, but the Flash can cross timelines and bring a Batman with him, so, can one timeline's Batman defeat another timeline's Batman?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's no Ace Cable Awards....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The only Oscars I watched in the last 20 years or so was the year Fury Road got a ton of nominations. I was rooting for it hard.

But as a youth, I used to watch it religiously. I also used to go to the movies and watch almost every movie - dramas and sometimes even romances. In the theater!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

khwarezm posted:

Question, does anyone else find themselves a little bit annoyed at the online reclamation of Tom Cruise in recent years? I don't think doing your own stunts should be reason enough for people to ignore all of the creepy poo poo with Scientology and Katie Holmes.

My opinion on Cruise was set some time ago: The man is committed to acting and films and I respect it.

He's a real life weirdo and possibly worse, but I completely separate the two.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I liked Snatch and Lock Stock. But yeah he is literally a one trick pony.

I enjoy the trick for the most part.

Even that Madonna influenced movie with Statham.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

The new ghostbusters movie should not have any ghosts or ghostbusters in it and instead be a documentary about Bill Murray trying to steal the secret unreleased Wu-Tang album from Martin Skrelli as per Skrellis contract with the RZA.

Actually why the gently caress isn't Spike Lee making this right now????

We're gonna need a crew....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I remember the trailer seemed to have a hard time both explaining the concept and demonstrating the movie would be fun. Like, just showing the fantasy book stuff, and then establishing that that was fantasy and the rest of the movie is real but it will keep cutting back and forth between them, and the plot is about the author who wrote the fantasy stuff getting into spy stuff but the spy stuff she gets into is less fantastical than the fantasy stuff that's how you can tell, and here is the cast for the fantasy stuff and here is the cast for the real stuff. And by the time it had done all that it didn't really manage to showcase anything fun about the movie.

I assume it's a Kingsman style wacky British comedy action movie with spys and one liners and such.