Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Was digging through VHS tapes at my in-laws' house to find some home videos, and found these labels for what I assume were things they recorded off TV. Some very interesting juxtapositions here.

I think I've found the new Barbenheimer:

It's a brand new year! The hack frauds are making videos again! They even watched some movies I think! Macaulay Culkin shows up sometimes! Rich Evans is still racist!

Share your favorite rlm moments as we bring in the new year and if you talk about Jenny Nicholson we'll loving cut you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Aard Varkman how dare you marshal this thread, your charismatic reign of terror is at an end. I'm standing up for myself. I'm breaking the conditioning.

Change starts now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike really took it hard when he found out Rich Evans was pawning his own diabetes medicine the entire time.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Vakal posted:

The power move is to just make a massive and detailed wiki for a movie, series, book that doesn't exist since wiki's are really what people care about these days.

Okay I'm gonna make a wiki of every funny joke in space cop

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Truly we are the last of the moniqueans.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Swinging rope mounted paint buckets into rich evans' crotch and getting copyright struck because it sounds too much like the opening riff from stairway to heaven

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We don't have to like Tim but we have to respect that he's the absolute man to call when you need to get a raccoon carcass out of Rich Evans' grundle.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

roomtone posted:

you all suck

vageuely racist

kindaa of not racist

wisconsin film opinoins

all wrong

These rlm tier lists are getting hard to parse but I'm gonna go with

Mike

Rich

Tim

Jay

Josh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wanna give a special mention to R2D2 who detects that the map to luke skywalker has been reunited in close proximity and then turns itself on with no explanation.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
There's a sex scene in Terminator which makes it the best Terminator movie.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I regret to inform everyone that a plane carrying Josh the Wizard spun into the pacific ocean this morning at 5:22 am PT. He was the only survivor.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I find myself constantly balancing my posts between people who like rlm and people who like game of thrones which is why I've made the executive decision to chop off my own dick and balls.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm betting someone sarcastically looked at the first star wars script and was like "This is a boring pos are you writing one star wars movie or nine here" and he was all "Hey, yeah, I'm actually writing nine movies" and then his ex wife cut out a third of his bullshit and it was suddenly pretty good

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

Matthew Painting as a who, not what.

Sorry I don't care much for the Dr. Seuss cinematic universe

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Only eight more months until Joker 2 and I can finally go to my grave knowing I saw a Lady Joker.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh god right there's gonna be singing I'm so loving pumped.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Willy wonka was not ready for the direct to streaming era.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

poisonpill posted:

When is action Jackson? And also I think I’m somehow banned from discord; how do I sign up?

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033931551-Getting-Started This might help?

Also the default is mic disabled yeah. Certain members have the "movieperson" status that gives them the option of turning on their microphone and talking in case there's some kinda pressing need for it but I don't think anybody actually does.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Little annie is doing a spin in his naboo fighter craft and I'm losing my poo poo, just going absolutely ape in the theater at the neatness of this trick

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

poisonpill posted:

This just looks like the dad from the tv show
Dinosaurs!

Also, are his shoes three pairs of converse stitched together?

See it's cuz a dinosaur foot has three long toes and a normal pair of converse could never cover the spread without being clownishly large. This is the thinking man's dinosaur movie with modern solutions.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cubone posted:

it's really funny that by the time of the 20th century fox acquisition marvel had pretty much spent an entire decade doing their best to bury the x-men as a brand because 20th century fox had the movie rights. whoops

if you think of like 1992-2008, xmen were like ninja turtles big. there were x-men cartoons, video games, toys, action figures, trading cards, t-shirts, shoes, backpacks, ice cream bars, halloween costumes, underpants
comparable to spider-man in terms of just being way bigger than their own comics (but even so, if you walked into a comic store in 1998, like half the shelves would be x-men comics)

then alllll that went away
we're trying to build a cinematic universe here and this goddamn dinosaur of a franchise from the year 2000 with their leather jumpsuit bullshit is still trying to make movies, playing keepaway with our most popular characters. well gently caress 'em! a bunch of important x-men characters are now no longer mutants. no more cartoons, either. the one that's currently going, cancelled after one season. gently caress em. no more x-men in the marvel vs capcom games, no more trading cards, no more ice cream, no more underpants

and it worked! the x-men are now less popular than ever :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzuRruVFKVw

it helped that the x men put out some really dogshit movies

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike watching the blu ray and realizing the thing he devoted his life to was a hastily duct taped together flap of cardboard. Sobbing, he downs another ale and clicks purchase now on his next vintage crew uniform auction.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become Cinema Sins.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That library belongs in a museum dammit.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The XJakk and Jenny thread is gonna take these forums by storm. The revolution starts, now!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

sure okay posted:

They were never interesting. They shuffled around like idiots and were extremely single minded. They were constantly undone by a frankly insane order/programming to "ignore threats" that allowed the crew to repeatedly crawl around their ship guts and, surprise, become an eventual threat.

Their power came exclusively from literal plot armor

Hive minds are interesting IMO, but the borg are maybe the worst version of them.

I guess R&M's Unity was a pretty good hivemind, because it had humanity and flaws and such, but wasn't undone by some stupid "kill the queen and the rest follow suit" contrivance.

what a fukn :goonsay: snipe jesus christ

I like when rick hosed the hivemine like hell yeah

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
mike should pay me one thousand dollars to watch this crap

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mutt died in viet-kong

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sounds rough but you might find a quick fix by employing some hearing AIIIIIIIDS

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I like beer but I've also quit drinking and it's been pretty great tbh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
He's just like me fr

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike received reports that Rich Evans had died in vietnam but when he went to check on him he found that he had actually meant he was dying for some vietnamese and he'd fallen asleep into a tray of noodles and beef broth.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Pacman: "Sup you bitches! I'm high on crack!"

Mike Stoklasa nods along as he edits a dummy dressed up like Rich Evans getting thrown off a park bridge.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Flintstones used to be in the OP of the thread like eight years ago it's practically grandfathered in.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When jay finally ran out of snuff films he took matters into his own hands

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Citizen Kane is fine but can I interest you in this little thing called The Phantom Menace?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jurassic park was a movie about cgi and jurassic park 2 was a movie about how badass it is to go camping in a gigantic triple trailer rv and to ride motorcycles. Jurassic park 3 was a movie about collecting t-rex pee and how that would bring pervy spinosauruses around. Jurassic park 4 was a snuff film. Jurassic park 5 was some poo poo about a mansion and international diamond auctions or some poo poo. Jurassic park 6 came out already in 2022.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Indiana Jones 6 where they use the Dial of Destiny to go even further back in time to machine gun dinosaurs instead of Romans.

We know where mutt died but do any of us really know when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I would put Khan Singh into the missile and also his entire extended family.