Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just encountered an extremely cursed article on my news feed that has someone promoting Alexandra Daddario as Rogue in the MCU Xmen simply because she’s “buxom”. Then they mention how Anna Paquin was “waifish”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I will never forgive Sonic Youth for being assholes to Nardwuar

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i feel like most bands before a certain year were dicks to nardwuar. then people started hearing about who he is and the gimmick and now he is more beloved.

The guitarist (or drummer?) in Blur was a total douche too but he apologized.

Now it’s great how beloved he is especially by hip hop artists.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watching Nardwuar blow some interview subject’s mind with some question about the corner store they liked to hang out as a kid or whatever after giving them a gift of some ultra rare vinyl EP by their favourite childhood artist is just about the most wholesome thing you can watch online in this day and age.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

dude took it too far when he read macklemores social security number out loud to him.

He's Macklemore, we have to know!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Having Samuel L Jackson makes DH3 way better than 2.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Samuel L Jackson back when he played characters in movies instead of just being hired to be Samuel L Jackson, no less.

Yeah just a guy who gets caught up in the whole thing because he doesn’t want to have to deal with a white guy getting murdered on his block, lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

In the future there will be whole streaming services just showing now public domain IP figures gettin' it on

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No. 6 posted:

What was his superpowers?

Dodging planes strafing him mostly

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

For my first, well, it turns out you CAN download a car!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kalel posted:

you should name and shame those posters. put your money where your mouth is

No need for that, friend. Say, let's all relax and enjoy some Disney+ content! Only $7.99 to stream all this goodness? Amazing!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

They really should figure out a way to monetize their insanity

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Vinegar Syndrome’s time to shine!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol I learned today that the stupid looking Mickey's Mousetrap horror movie was filmed in Ottawa at Funhaven.

I blame Trudeau, somehow

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Did the Coens split or was one of them just getting tired and wanted to retire? I thought I heard something about that too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Each Coen should pair with a Safdie to keep the number of holiday meals their families have to go to under control.

This is like one of those logic puzzles. Match a left handed safdie up with a coen that wears glasses. Kinda easy though since it is only a 2x2. We need more safdies and coens!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

redshirt posted:

I care enough about this to actually do a bit of research. Yes, they each made solo movies in the past couple of years, but also appear to be back together on a new project. Also I can find nothing in my 2 minute search about a falling out or anything like that.

See this is why I don’t need to do any research!! :haw:

That said I will believe literally anything anyone tells me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watchin this week's Fargo, and drat that's a cool cover of "Toxic"

Show owns

e: oh jeez

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did you see Heck? It's a short film with the same general premise the director did before the film.

I love that guy’s stuff but I get too anxious watching it, lol. After the bedroom scene in Skinamarink I had to turn it off, goddamn.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Same but Deep Throat

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bernethal has two settings: simmering rage and explosive rage so as long as a part is constrained to that you’re good!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Is that why he spends all of The Bear being dead?

Dead rage, checks out. That’s like 2 steps below simmering

Also speaking of Statham, I watched the recent Guy Ritchie schlock fest Operation Fortune: Ruse de guerre and I actually quite enjoyed it. It was stupid as hell and everyone involved knew it and was just having fun. I especially like Hugh Grant’s late career hamathon.

Also Aubrey Plaza always rules

priznat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 6, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think the problem is all the beefcakes were getting their brains scrambled in ufc for a while there and get bad headaches from film lights and can’t read too good no more

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

poisonpill posted:

God I love Jason Statham and I’m glad he exists as an institution

Late career High Grant is also a treasure. He was also having a good turn in that D&D movie, just having a blast being a bad guy

Jeremy Iron could have some fun being a campy weirdo too as shown in the other D&D movie and die hard 3! It rocks when veteran actors just get weird.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

I mean he is in the beekeeper also and if the trailer was any indication is gonna go as ham as a 75 year old man can

Hell yeah go nuts!! Legend.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No never it’ll be me posting about YouTubers no one cares about and/or hates (not Jenny tho)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

We need more diverse noise

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kalel no

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dreezy posted:

i usually disagree with jay's weird opinions but i concur that showgirls is a secret masterpiece. i should get around to watching basic instinct, still havent seen that, but those were my priorities. does anyone still do it anywhere close to like verhoeven or has satire lost its way?

I wanna say cronenberg jr maybe as Infinity Pool has a real satirical edge to it, it will be interesting to see what he does next.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah bruckheimer movies had almost an even more definitive “feel” to them than Bay movies alone.

I hated con air when I saw it because the constant music with lovely guitar was incredibly irritating.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love Tucker and Dale and Tyler Labine should be in more stuff, he’s great. Also Alan Tudyk too of course.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

crashes through glass door, visibly exhausted

I heard you were talking about she hulk’s big green booty?!?!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

She-hulk was a very frustrating show. Tatiana Maslany is a great actress and does a good job as Jennifer Walters. Anytime She-hulk shows up the show turns to poo poo. Then the show does weird thing Marvel does sometimes where they tell you that another character had a far more interesting adventure than what you just watched.

Yeah totally agree, Tatiana was fantastic, rest of show did not reach her level with the exception of when Charlie Cox showed up, which was great.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

Watched that movie Saltburn. Good performances and a solid concept, but it felt really flabby, like, almost every dramatic or “cool” scene needed some pruning because they all went on too long. The entire final bit, where Oliver reveals how he orchestrated all the bad poo poo that happened felt like it was left over from another script where it wasn’t patently obvious he was Steerpiking the family from the moment he arrived at Saltburn, and should have gone away entirely.

It’s worth a watch though, and is in my top twenty films where someone sucks cummy water from a tub drain!

Love the mention of steerpiking, love the Ghormenghast books.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heck yeah! I’ve been thinking recently of doing a reread of the whole trilogy soon.

Same, it has been ages and I barely remember bits. Was the adaptation any good? BBC iirc.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have no idea. I think at the time I assumed the BBC wouldn’t be able to pull off making a believable city sized gothic castle on a television budget so I didn’t bother tracking it down, then I forgot it existed.

I remember seeing some shots and it was some pretty decent looking yet inexpensive FX shots using matte paintings etc. but that was ages ago and it might have aged like milk.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kalel posted:

should have been called no jo koy

kalel no jo koy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

It's an interesting watch as this weird hybrid between Kubrick madness and Spielberg schmaltz. The ending sucks but watching it turn on a dime from whimsical to creepy is something.

I never thought a sex robot would be in a Spielberg movie tbh

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I mean, well done matte paintings hold up a lot better than cgi, imo. Recently I was watching The Coneheads, of all things, and was really impressed by some of the matte backgrounds and miniature work. CGI on some new big budget movies don't look as good as fuckin’ Remulak did in a 31 year old SNL movie.

I think it was matte but there could have been some (early, very early) CG when I try to remember the ads for it. Agreed though, well done matte paintings still look fantastic. See original Star Wars trilogy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My takeaway from Ex Machina was “don’t make the robots too sexy”. A rule I live by.