Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i dont know why but i did an 80s/90s hong kong mini film marathon for new years:

1) righting wrongs (1986) - loving loved it. whipped rear end. cynthia rothrock does good fight stuff and a man who didnt even wear a wig to try to look like cynthia rothrock did her best stunt. also SPOILER ALERT she loving dies which was a genuine shock.

2) armour of god (1986) - realized halfway through that i had seen it before. every stunt jackie chan does is great. movie isnt too great. famous for being the film that came closest to killing jackie. fell out a tree and literally cracked his skull. there is a scene where jackie has to fight 4 beautiful women, but through 90% of the fight, they turn into muscular asian men in wigs. an odd artistic choice but its nearly seamless.

3) operation condor (amour of god 2) (1991) - kind of loved it despite being dumb. stunts werent anything to write home about but had a great 3rd act. maybe i was just the right amount of drunk by the time this one came on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Kingo Ligma posted:

A lot of things start to make sense if it turns out Gripweed works in the ontological terrorism division of Sony Pictures' marketing department.

i know im not on twitter and i am old, but i never have a clue that any of these psy ops that the internet speaks of are happening. probably because they are not happening or they are just extremely ineffective

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i feel like most bands before a certain year were dicks to nardwuar. then people started hearing about who he is and the gimmick and now he is more beloved.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i can imagine that at the time (early 90s) sonic youth were very anti corporate radio and when a gimmick ambush interviewer approaches you its pretty easy to imagine they are just typical radio personas or something. probably just pissed them off. i imagine all rock bands of that era (at least in the usa) were like that. but i dont know much about sonic youth drama. i just like a few of their albums (mostly the 80s and early 90s ones)

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

rewatching die hard 2 and sadler is doing the nude tai chi scene. lovin 2024

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ZeusCannon posted:

Die Hard 2 is probably the worst die hard (of the original 3) but it's also very fun.

agreed. it really really wants to be die hard 1 so bad. i have a theory that (at least for the 1st 3 films) when john mcclane is estranged from his wife, the films are better. he just loves his wife too much for die hard 2 to be a good film. sad really

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

TIP posted:

I just watched that the other day and wondered if the michael rooker nude scene in mallrats was a parody of it

it has to be. kevin smith is a huge die hard fan

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Gripweed posted:

A huge die hard fan of what?

madame web

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

priznat posted:

Watching Nardwuar blow some interview subject’s mind with some question about the corner store they liked to hang out as a kid or whatever after giving them a gift of some ultra rare vinyl EP by their favourite childhood artist is just about the most wholesome thing you can watch online in this day and age.

dude took it too far when he read macklemores social security number out loud to him.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sir Lemming posted:

Tough call between Die Hard 2 and 3. DH2 definitely feels cheapest of all the movies, like it was made for VHS, just complete '80s schlock, though it had a decent budget I suppose. On the other hand DH3 has that really lame twist that makes a lot of the plot completely pointless, and some really forced edgy racial tension. Feels like the original TLJ in a way, a lot of ideas for how to mix things up but no idea how to thread the needle.

disagree. 3 is much better than 2. its got jeremys iron and puzzles for starters.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

confirmed for boomer

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i learned that you should fill up the 5 gallon jug full. then empty that jug into the 3 gallon jug until its full. empty the 3 gallon jug. pour the remaining 2 gallons from the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug. fill the 5 gallon jug. pour out 1 gallon into the space remaining in the 3 gallon jug leaving EXACTLY 4 GALLONS!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i heard that rich and mike broke up

this would absolutely make me depressed

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

what if there was a svelte josh? such a thing cannot be

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

is dredd the best “comic book” movie ever? not best adaptation or whatever but most entertaining? it is for me

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

stillvisions posted:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Rich pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

SAVE EVANS

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

yeah that guy is at least an average hollywood actor. pretty terrible thing to say

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

I'll report back when I watch Dredd this weekend. Y'all have me convinced but I'll be shaking my old wrinkled fist if it sucks, gat dangit!

i hope you enjoy it. but if you dont and i found out, im gonna shake my drat head in pity. so prepare yourself for my disappointment in you, sonny.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i was extremely lucky that i saw it in theaters as i was pretty bummed that my friends wanted to see it. goddamn im glad we did. then they added it to netflix like a year later and i watched it a dozen more times.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

NorgLyle posted:

After it was featured on BotW, I tracked down a copy of Stone Cold starring Brian Bosworth and it is even more fantastic than the episode made it look. It literally feels like watching Norm MacDonald describe a parody of 80s action movies in a completely deadpan way where you're never actually sure if you're supposed to be laughing or not.

absolutely true. i recommend it to all the people i find out love 80s action. it truly feels both self aware and clueless

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

and ill be here too. providing more white noise. yeah. i saw movie and movie was good or bad. mostly bad

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

for most of my life i thought con air was directed by michael bay. in hindsight its not crazy/stupid enough. but it has the same feel as the rock so you can see how i was confused

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

stop telling lies on the internet about mike and rich! just stop! their bond is undefeatable

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Jose Oquendo posted:

the way you know all reality tv is fake is that all the people in that poly show appear to be attractive people.

lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im in a few polycules and there aint a looker among us

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

as an uneducated typical american, i feel i should weigh in on the irish reunification issue. i propose that a channel be dug to separate ireland and northern iteland and that dirt (and much more fill) be used to expand irelands landmass elsewhere but equal to the size of northern ireland.. perhaps on the western shore because who wants be closer to the english. thank you. if this idea is used please cite my forums name in the plan

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

“who really was hackers film 1995? how did his insane plan come to pass? historians weigh in on this hated mysterious figure.”

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

kalel posted:

I dunno if Ireland is any better, never been there, but I think america should reunify with the surface of the loving sun

id be down for this but id like to leave first if another country would have me. im willing to submit my resume and cover letter if any world leaders are reading the rlm thread on the sa forums.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cubone posted:

“a man who is allergic to barbers.“

lol

i recently went back to ohio to visit my boomer parents and i watched 1.5 seasons of ted lasso with them because they are elderly and its loving cold outside and that is what ted lasso is good for. a show all ages can watch together and enjoy at least a little bit to varying degrees. personally i liked it ip to a point and then it got way sappy (i think it was the xmas ep that made me groan). its starting to get on my nerves but ill probably finish it.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i know its cool/correct to make fun of an snl alumnus but ive never really liked Jason Sudeikis anyway. he was ok on 30 rock, but i cant think of much else.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

paul rudd on the other hand is cool and my friend

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

she made a joke about how gen z needs to relax and go to work on time and learn to spell. i hope she gets cancelled forever for this

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

do you think she'd be impressed if I shot joe biden?

genuine lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cubone posted:

the schneider thread in CD is flipping out about this

“I think what audiences are responding to is that I understand the rules of The Animal - not necessarily better than anyone else - but better than a normal filmmaker would. After doing 'Watchmen' and digging that deep into the why of gross out comedy, when The Animal is presented to you, I felt like I was in a unique position to say 'I get this guy. I know what this is.'”

- zack schneider

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

personally i treasure the brain more than any physical features :smug:

*receives hollywood producers award for bravery*

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

my vhs copy of waynes world back in the day had the actual stairway notes. thats the first time ive heard the “wrong notes” version. does led zeppelin have the copyrights on a 1 second cover of their song? wtf

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

thats weird. even in the original version its barely recognizable. i wonder if they didnt fully ever say or write “stairway to heaven” if they could have played more of the song. copyright is so weird.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i like the trivia too. except there was one question i got before mike or rich and i felt sorry (for myself)

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

just watched friedkin’s to live and die in l.a. after all these years. like everyone else, i am a fan of friedkin, dafoe, and extremely 80s films. but somehow this one didnt do it for me. had a bunch of twists and thrills but ultimately fell flat. honestly it was so extremely 80s with a fuckin wang chung soundtrack and an attempted reagan assassination that i was hoping would succeed. all of that was great but the film was disjointed and erratic. the dialogue was laughable almost all of the time. great special effects and car chases though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

$33! why is he charging so much? isnt that immoral? isnt that betraying the public trust?