Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hackers film 1995 posted:

agreed. it really really wants to be die hard 1 so bad. i have a theory that (at least for the 1st 3 films) when john mcclane is estranged from his wife, the films are better. he just loves his wife too much for die hard 2 to be a good film. sad really

it has naked yoga though (cant remember if we get a glimpse of BALLS)

kalel posted:

all of disney's star wars efforts since acquiring the property have been dog poo poo, but this is really wholesome and rosario dawson seems cool :frogbon:

yeah, i think she probably just had bad direction for that. like "be more stoic!!!" and "fold your arms alot cause thats what the cartoon character does"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

My first movie of the year was Maniac Cop. It's surprisingly good! The troma logo popped up and I expected it to be cheap trash but seems like they used some good quality film. The biggest problem is that it's not goofy/fun enough and is light on the gore. It either needed to be a waaaay better movie or lean in to the cheese, so instead it's just kinda middle of the road thing. It loving hates the police tho so that's cool.

e: turns out Troma just bought the rights to the movie a few years ago so that's the reason for the logo

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 3, 2024

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

who's your favourite running man bad guy. i like the hockey one.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh wow, i can't wait to find out what whacky hijinks these colourful characters get themselves into

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

That sucks, Carl Weathers seemed like an alright guy. :rip:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

colonelwest posted:

Yeah there’s been a real collapse of the spy poo poo genre as well. No one really knows what to do with it. I don’t if it’s just plain overplayed, or maybe people are starting to realize how dumb the spy-fantasy is and that 99% of the CIA “agents” are just schluby bureaucrats doing analysis and case management, all of the actual spying is done by third party nationals who are usually pathetic rats desperate for money.

Argyle was one of those movies that flopped before it even wrapped up filming.

I still love a gritty real life espionage drama though. The Spy is a really solid Netflix miniseries based on a true story and I really enjoyed it recently.

they should try making a good one!! then it might do well.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

are we gonna talk about nerd crew? kinda sucked.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i saw a xjakk banner ad :ohdear:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

when i was a kid i liked phantom menace. kids are dumb

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

khwarezm posted:

I don't think I can go on if RLM does not review Madame Web.

they'll do it just after they finish their batman review

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

alright xjak congrats, you got me to laugh when you screamed SEVEN

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

imagine a dark gritty take on the superhero genre. very adult and mature

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

jeeves posted:

Sony should make a movie about a super villain that forces people to watch Sony's lovely other films.

He could be called Dr.Forrester

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I wouldn't mind if that became lost media

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Triple with Hard Boiled

Also I gotta recommend Boiling Point again especially if you’ve ever worked in a restaurant. It gets literally everything right. It’s wild it was shot in 1 take. Like, I don’t even know how that’s possible.

it's probaby shot in one take like how top gun maverick is all practical effects

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Presto posted:

The Borg stopped being interesting the moment they introduced the queen. Wtg guys, you missed the entire point.

:wrong: they became sexy

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

They keep cancelling half made Star Wars games. It's weird, it's not like it's a quality control thing judging by anything else Star Wars related.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I went and saw dune reshowing a couple of weeks ago and there were loads of teenage boys. I thought it was gonna be annoying but they were all dead silent. I guess the people going to gawk at chalamet aren't gonna be the shouty types?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

lmao, I'm at the theater for Dune 2 and the guy in front of me in the concession line actually bought the sandworm fleshlight popcorn tub

the real question is why the heck don't you have one!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

There's a random small child in that movie that isn't related to any of the characters. They just kidnap a random kid and stuff him in the trunk of their car and he shows up to do a dance number now and then. He barely has any spoken lines.

the more i hear about blues brothers 2000 the better it sounds

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I watched and enjoyed dune 2. I felt like the end was a bit rushed because I wasn't 100% sure what the Emperor thought he was gonna achieve in person, or was even doing setting his scaffolding pyramid down in the desert. The setup for the duel was sorta dumb too? I get that Fremen have to kill for leadership, but seems bizarre that he challenged the emperor to put forth a champion. I can't remember how it's explained in the books.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 19, 2024

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Teaser for the new Alien movie directed by Fede Alvarez who did Evil Dead 2013 and Don't Breathe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNMt84KT0k

looks good but a bit worried about the HORDE OF FACEHUGGERS. like that's not why facehuggers are scary... why would there even be that many.

have a slight suspicion it's just a very good trailer

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i tried watching the new road house and omfg what a piece of poo poo movie. i got like 20 minutes in.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

jay got a haircut and mikes hands have swollen up

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

he's in hell but a paycheck is a paycheck

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I was telling a friend how we were gonna go see Phantom Menace and he went on this weird rant about how he hasn't gone to the cinema for years because movies are pushing an agenda and all new movies are bad. And i'm like Dune???? Oppenheimer??? then i realized he only watches super hero trash and is angry about women (i think?)

Talking about old movies I'm cautiously optimistic about Furiosa even if the trailers are trash but they're showing Road Warrior and Fury Road in the cinema so I get to see them again. so thanks miller even if your movie sucks i get to watch the good ones.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

I dont know why people lack faith in Furiosa. When's the last time George Miller made a bad movie? All of the Mad Max movies are good, the Babe movies are both weird and good and the Happy Feet movies are batshit crazy.

I can only go off what I see and I wasn't getting great vibes from the trailer that's all. It could still be good and I'll probably go see it, but Chris Hemsworth looks bad and I'm just uninterested in the plot. It of been cool to just have a standalone Furiosa movie where she's doing stuff in the wasteland instead of it being tied directly into her story in Fury Road. I don't care about the green place or her arm etc.

kalel posted:

I went to see the green knight with a former friend and afterwards he complained about the intrusion of the gay agenda in media. because two male characters kiss on the lips.

absolutely no critical thinking at all.

No compaint about the incest handjob tho

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Timmy is gonna read this comment and gently caress himself up like ol' Piss Fingers.

this is a strong and hilarious possibility.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I like prometheus but most criticism of it is 100% valid. The weird thing is there's a couple of deleted scenes which would of improved the movie and they're only 2-3 minutes each max so it's bizarre they were cut. Just for example there's a scene where they discover the worm much earlier, hence why they aren't bothered by finding it later, and a cool scene where the engineer hunts Shaw. The worst cut is the engineer talking to David as it's sorta important plot stuff.

There's no excuse for Alien covenant though! that was just poo poo.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

N. Senada posted:

drat new road house is bad

And Connor mcgregie is somehow in this movie?

it's weird they forgot how to film a rowdy bar scene.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

talking about Westerns the 1966 Django is very good.

and is free on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMYmp33QlA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'll watch it