Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
sci fi idea: some overweight mid 40's dude (i'd say philip seymour hoffman if he was still alive or jesse plemons if he was still fat) investigates why every modern sci-fi show like 3 body problem, constellation, for all mankind, etc, looks and sounds exactly the same and makes a terrible discovery. maybe that he's actually philip k dick having nightmarish hallucinations as he's dying, i dunno i haven't got that far yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

That DICK! posted:

You guys watch Ricky Stanicky

i just watched 30 mins and got pissed cause i thought about making DEVO covers about jerking off first

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
conor mcgregor in the new road house is so good they're thinking about doing a leprechaun reboot with him

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
a black woman owns the club but needs a white man to come save the day, it's not that complicated

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i wonder what that guy's dad would have thought about the ronda rousey version of the roadhouse they were talking about making a decade ago

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i wasn't trying to turn this page into a debate over what's woke or not, i was just trying to get into sure okay's dad's head, he seems cool i wanna hang out with him

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
was tryin to get into sure okay's dad's head and he turned it right around on me

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
new smiling friends in 24 hours or so, maybe

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i actually collect gundam dust and press it into reclaimed artisinal gundam parts

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i will personally never interact with a japanese person ever again after watching men behind the sun

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
new smiling friends in 12 hours or so maybe, happy easter

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
hopefully we can talk about good war movies like mars attacks and independence day soon..

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i lived in chicago for 12 years and it currently is full of sexy people (now that im gone) and the city looks great. nothing like the 70s-90s which was a pretty rough time from what ive seen. but on the other hand, what makes 70s/80s movies that take place in nyc and chicago so great is that everything looks bombed out and/or nasty as gently caress.

this is just the first line from windy city heat

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
brand new smiling friends! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGoLnyMHnD4

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Kingo Ligma posted:

Man Poltergeist is a straight up dog poo poo movie.
This is The Room level trash.

good theme song though

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
tough crowd

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
john carpenter's lost themes is some respectful stubborn old man poo poo. he doesn't want to make movies anymore but still wants to make soundtracks for movies he'll never make

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it sounds like cubone would really like 'tusk' by kevin smith, but it feels weird to recommend cause i haven't seen it

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
jay and silent bob reboot is so bad it's actually evil, it's like yellow king or the movie from carpenter's cigarette burns level

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

LanceHunter posted:

If Kevin Smith was 10 years younger, he would have been The Nostalgia Critic.

anyone down for a triple feature of nostalgia critic's the wall, jay and silent bob reboot and inAPPropriate comedy by the shamwow guy

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
if only they did proper foreshadowing and called him kenlo renobi

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i liked matrix 4, if the last act was actually good it would have been a subversive masterpiece

now they're just doing 5 anyway poor lana lol

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
everyone gets sucked into a dangerous video game, it was just like that movie, you know, cube?

no wait it was that one with malcolm in the middle where if you die in the game you die for real

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
at least it got me remembering some good dangerous video game movies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnqW0U7Zt4

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
what if lightning struck a manxx tt super bike cabinet and you got sucked in and had to listen to this guys voice for the rest of your life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3COGmT4i0

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Crescent Wrench posted:

I have pretty fond memories of Clerks: The Animated Series. How can you hate a cartoon where the second episode of the series was a clip show?

yeah i have to admit that was brilliant. the "why are we walking like this?" joke pops up in my head at least a few times a year

counterfeitsaint posted:

Game of Thrones is dead. Hollywood's increasingly desperate attempts to keep it going aren't going to work.

Remember when pool old George wasn't able to work on the books for like a year because he just "had" to write 5 scripts for 5 pilots for HBO? Even his excuses for not writing were better back then.

house of the dragon got iron man numbers though. it's probably a good thing that jon snow spinoff didn't work out, i remember reading that kit harrington had to be hospitalized for alcoholism because of how much he hated shooting season 8. he could have ended up like heath ledger in the pill popping clown movie

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

kalel posted:

saw twin peaks: fire walk with me at the alamo. followed by a live q&a with laura palmer herself, mrs. sheryl lee! she seems like a nice lady.

they're very different films but I think I actually prefer mulholland drive

holy poo poo that rules, extremely jealous, it must be awkward for her to sit through that movie

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Mordja posted:

Probably not, on account of she's a professional actor and the movie isn't real. :geno:

if you could turn back time and save her and make her a famous actress it still would have happened. what year is this? ahhhhhhh!!

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i'm enjoying the roast but i'm not sure you guys have actually seen the movie

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
my mom used to look exactly like shelley duvall and watching the shining as a kid hosed me right up

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
hope those ninja movies were good

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
some day your grandchildren will ask where you were when tcl made the first feature length ai movie

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i like the ones where they turn off their lightsabers and decide to be friends instead of fighting

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Tunicate posted:

Yeah that guy is a pretty good youtuber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57w_Stf4wmo

i haven't seen this i was inspired by the end of mysteries of the sith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNfmSNmDd3E

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
rainbow pride lightsaber vs thin blue line lightsaber

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i dunno dude his wife looks pretty intimidating i don't know if i'd want to gently caress with her. also it's probably just a lovely eq

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

kalel posted:

my partner took me to a screening of the big lebowski at the alamo for my birthday. it owned

break up quit your job and start squatting there, become the phantom of the alamo

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Sex Farm posted:

Late night with the devil really sucked out loud. Maybe I just didn't get the tone it was going for, whatever tone that would be? I dunno.

I did like the costumes though

Edit: if it didn't have that narration at the beginning spelling out what was going to happen in the end I think it would have been slightly better? There was no atmosphere or anything to speak of

Maybe this is just another paranormal activity situation where everybody loves it but me

you're right that it sucked. i don't think the narration at the beginning was a mistake though, in fact i thought the first act was very well done and it was believable as a 70s talk show. the real problems with the movie are that the backstage scenes (why are they in black and white?) were completely pointless and destroyed the tension of whether it was supposed to be a hoax, and that we're supposed to care about the emotional journey of the host to the point where we follow his perspective instead of the studio cameras. it's a cinematic recreation of ghostwatch that's somehow even lamer and misses the point of what made it so good

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
counterpart got in just before the multiverse fad and did it better than anything that came after from an actual sci fi perspective. the two worlds have diverged into two completely seperate sociopolitical realities because of random events, iirc one had a pandemic way worse than the rona that caused it to be more authoritarian, have higher income inequality, higher tech. and it makes sense when you see both versions of the same character because they lived through different world events ontop of the different personal choices they made

then the real multiverse wave hit and we got a bunch of "in this universe thor is a donkey!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

was wondering what happened to him, i'm glad he didn't die again