Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i learned that you should fill up the 5 gallon jug full. then empty that jug into the 3 gallon jug until its full. empty the 3 gallon jug. pour the remaining 2 gallons from the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug. fill the 5 gallon jug. pour out 1 gallon into the space remaining in the 3 gallon jug leaving EXACTLY 4 GALLONS!

Much like the two dudes who always lie and always tells the truth in Labyrinth… I’ll never get it.

Also Die Hard 3 was supposed to be a Lethal Weapon sequel and once you realize that you can never unsee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Tommy is from the American state of New Orlandoeans. Doesn’t his perfect accent give that away?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

DaysBefore posted:

Woah there are so many Walking Dead spinoffs now. Who is still watching this garbage?

Anyway watched a couple episodes of the Tales of the Walking Dead anthology series. First episode was Terry Crews and Olivia Munn. After that nightmare was a pretty good one about a sort-of Groundhog Day thing with Parker Posey. I just can't believe Walking Dead is still valuable enough to launch all this crap

Americans absolutely love the idea of having a fantasy about gunning down all of their neighbors once they officially "othered" by being zombies.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I could watch their Star Trek trivia from now until the end of time.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

bitterandtwisted posted:

Still can't believe EEaaO won last year. I mean I liked it, but a wacky action comedy with an extended butt plug scene is not normal oscar material.
Until the mawkish last act that dragged on way too long. That's more like it.

2022 was a not great year for movies but also gently caress the Oscars, the less people talk about it hopefully the better.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Also the movie looks bad and stupid?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Beetlejuice had better loving go Hawaiian!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So would it be considered some form of legal homicide if a mod shadow banned XJAXX and then that eventually lead directly to his suicide?

Asking for a friend.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Sony should make a movie about a super villain that forces people to watch Sony's lovely other films.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

hemale in pain posted:

He could be called Dr.Forrester

Yeah but more ~TWISTED~

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I think someone once mentioned that Zaslav looked like that one Cenobite with the tiny glasses and now I can't unsee it ever.

Relevant to this thread I guess?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

sinnesloeschen posted:

man i remember when ll cool j was a semi-respectable actor

Yeah but have you checked out his hat? It’s like a loving shark fin!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Kingo Ligma posted:

Gotta be me.

I do kinda need a new career now that both (lol) NZ television networks fired half their staff, one of them closed their entire news and journalism department (this was literally done by David Zaslav) the new right wing govt fired half the film commission, and that's like half the hosed media stuff that's happens in just the last week.

Yeah but those Hobbit films were totally worth it!!!!!!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Who cares about a 31 year old movie like Jurassic Park? JEEZ YA NERDS!

Anyways, back to Star Wars talk...

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

stephenthinkpad posted:

Spielberg blockbusters always play fast and loose with the plot, compared to gold standard Cameron. Like some movies you just treat them as roller coaster rides instead of stories.

Also that small rear end island can't possibly feed these many dinosaurs.

Or how there are zero zookeepers on the island during a storm except for Mr. Clever Girl.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’d enjoy Stephenson more if he ever actually wrote endings.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It seems like there is a direct correlation to quality of Wars of Stars to how many light sabers are included.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Happyimp posted:

I think I need to stay away from uppers. Started watching Jack & Jill. For some reason, I don't completely hate it.

Seek medical help

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So apparently lovely AI George Carlin (who was not actually AI writing) was bad enough, now there is this:

https://youtu.be/zxpBRnvjoJ4

Note before the torches come out, it is apparently a horribly late april fools thing.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Failson posted:

Wow, a new Star Trek about Captain Picard's first command!

Not ENOUGH trauma as back history for NuTrek

When are we getting our Tasha Yar gang rape planet series?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I asked my 11 year old nephew who has been completely Star Wars obsessed his entire short life if he was excited for any new Star Wars shows and he said no.

Good job, Disney!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Brian Herbert definitely makes me appreciate Christopher Tolkien.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The director of The Green Knight was on the Blank Check podcast recently and said that he saw 65 in Germany, where most films are redubbed instead of subtitled.

Apparently the original directors wanted to have the film in a 100% alien language before being so obviously shot down by the studio. So watching it dubbed into German but not speaking German was the closest thing to the directors' original vision for the film.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Isn't Civil war the one where Ant Man got really big and punched an airplane or something?

Was it really also Air Force One? Oh man I didn't know Ant Man had the balls to do THAT!!!!!!!!!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The Sixth Sense was also so insanely and surprisingly profitable that he is still coasting off that almost 25 years later.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So with Paramount being bought by Sony does that mean that NuTrek is finally dead? Our all of our prayers finally answered that Mike will die happy knowing Star Trek: Picard: season 4: section 31: the Borg strikes back: the Motion Picture will not be the final thing he sees?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Apes movie talk:

It’s amazing that the incredibly seminal review by the Onion Film Standard of like the only the second of now four of the actually what 11th apes film was like 10 years ago now.

I hope that Peter K. Rosenthal is doing okay with his endless erection of making up literary film criticism on the spot about this trash. I hope he is not homeless from all of those paychecks that he has burned while jamming these apes films up his rear end back to back to back.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Lister posted:

There's a star trek cruise that happens about once a year and there was the star trek experience thing in las vegas that closed years ago.
Honestly the cheesy Quark’s Bar that they had there would be the best of a crappy situation if I was ever forced to spend time in god forsaken Vegas.

Not going to lie, some of this poo poo kinda sounds good:
http://uglycouchshow.com/quarks-bar-drinks/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Creepy S1 Bashir hitting on Data was pretty great. Too bad the plot just turned into Data having some dreams.