Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Has the actual Mastodons cartoon been posted itt? Its somehow weirder than they made it sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXU3BC9Zie4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Anyone worried about Boyega should check out The Cloned Tyrone. He's gonna be great!

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
TRAILER

STARTS

NOW

Oh no it doesnt

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
My local arthouse is doing an opening night double of DOON and MORE DOON. Gonna get myself some extra strength depends, a oildrum sized big gulp and ride that worm!

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Verhoven on the set of ST: "I've met writers who use subtext and they're all cowards."

And if the space Nazis were supposed to be evil then how come they're all hot?

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

That DICK! posted:

it should have been with a girl gladiator. so they could say im gladiator and she's gladiator 2. and its like 90% oral

Writing "GLADIATRIX" on the studio execs whiteboard

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

Gutcruncher posted:

Speaking of bad movies with great production design, I just watched Toys. Pretty stupid but every frame was delightful

Same vein, just watched Saltburn. It's Nepo baby's first Talented Mr Ripley. The partys looked lush though

jazzyjay fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 27, 2024

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
When I was a kid I thought the clone wars were going to be lots of important people being replaced by clones and who knows who go trust and main characters fighting clones of themselves but who is the real person and what is identity anyway and maybe clones are people too? SO GLAD IT WAS JUST SEA MONKEY STORMTROOPERS INSTEAD

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
https://youtu.be/0rI9lYjE1eY

John Cena is the best part of any already pretty funny Tour Du Pharmacy

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
The Crow: Autotune

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

billymumphrey posted:

I saw a thumbnail for the review of this which said "Benioff and Weiss pull it off again" 3 stars.

It was next to a thumbnail for the review of Twisted Metal. Also 3 stars.

I won't be watching either.

Hello fellow guardian reader. I thought "they've done it again, 3 stars" was going to be a sick burn about their mediocrity but no the review is basically "another good adaption! 3/5" which is a very Guardian thing to do.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
I just checked cause I wasn't sure but the last Kevin Smith movie I saw was Dogma when it was in CINEMAS. I FEEL SO SMUG RIGHT NOW.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
The best lightsaber fight is clearly throne room when Luke is going ham cause he's finally been triggered towards the Dark side and beats vader to the ground and then pulls himself back at the last minute cause it's the culmination of all the themes of the whole wait no sorry my mistake it's when Yoda pulls out his little laser sword and does a flip

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Watch the others. Blue is the sad one, White is the horny funny one and Red is the one where everything clicks and you're like fuuuuuuuuck. I still vividly remember that moment when I saw them as a cinema matinee screening some (puts on glasses to check notes) thirty years ago???????

jazzyjay fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 2, 2024

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
I feel like I've been burnt too many times by movie production news to get excited, but a Cosmatos vampire movie with Stewart and Isaacs fills me with glee.

Also, just watched Hundreds of Beavers, it was a DELIGHT.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Nemesis is GREAT

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
*very new yorkishly* I'm Kirsten schalling here!

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Paul Schrader didn't wait until Roger Corman was cold before throwing shade. From his Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/oS3xDp4KMj97hZgU/?mibextid=oFDknk

ROGER CORMAN. Let's not too sentimental about Corman. Even in my exploitational extremes I couldn't interest Corman in my scripts. Rolling Thunder began at AIP but moved on to 20th. Roger wouldn't touch Blue Collar even with Pryor. As soon as they could
Coppola, Scorsese and Demme all moved away from AIP. Roger was better at hyping his rep than at making good films or supporting good filmmakers.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Star wars and Jenny? RIP thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Haha ten minutes in and I feel like a disappointed parent discovering what their weird child has been doing in their room for the last six months