Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You have to face the unfortunate fact that posters exist who do not even need to be paid to enroll in the disney defense forces. Just ask the TV IV poster who said he wished I would die because I was being mean to the ahsoka show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As someone who can respect The Curse but absolutely not enjoy it, I can understand leaving benny to follow his own strange star with all that

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

People are always praising benny for the curse, but how can anyone forget his star turn in the obi wan show

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Taking a big old sip, boy I wonder if AI company Futureverse was either formerly in NFTs, or is comprised of former NFT people

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 5, 2024

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

That beekeeper movie seemed like it had some potential to be death wish tier shlock from the trailer godzilla minus one made me watch. I suppose statham gunning down evil indian call center scammers is pretty much how far the boomer fantasy has fallen in the modern day

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess beekeeper is sort of like breen if the basic source of resentment was being tricked into buying google play gift cards, instead of, well, whatever it is breen resents

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

not trolled not crying posted:

The only good(?) purpose these podcasts have is they give us plenty of case studies on how narcissists behave.

Finally, I've been really hard up for examples

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

priznat posted:

Jeremy Iron could have some fun being a campy weirdo too as shown in the other D&D movie and die hard 3! It rocks when veteran actors just get weird.

I mean he is in the beekeeper also and if the trailer was any indication is gonna go as ham as a 75 year old man can

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

People have long compared the mike and rich situation to the romance in phantom thread. Perhaps this is merely the part where they fight and separate, before rejoining in an even more wildly hosed up way

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*Defiantly before the posting tribunal* I'm really not sure what was more absolutely mid in the context of that artist's corpus, asteroid city or boy/heron

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It seems like a bad break to be a non succession drama in the year where succession ended. But don't worry pedro pascal, I'm sure you'll get the prize for the baby yoda show instead

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Many actors still care about awards direly and they can matter somewhat for everybody else's careers. The juxtaposition of this with how openly in shambles they are is itself entertaining

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's really funny how matt weiner went from king poo poo to banished to the shadow realm .0001 seconds after the romanoffs came out. What can you say except showbiz does be like that, I suppose

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

This is the true king move though. Bust your rear end making one really good show, one that gives you an insane reputation that breaks the execs brains. Cut a deal where you get paid the GDP of Tonga for your next show regardless of its success, than absolutely loving tank the first season so it's cancelled, you still get paid in full, and never talk to a failsons loser again.

Perfect.

I guess that's true as long as you're actually at peace with being done working. I'm not sure that was really the weiner plan. He's a lot younger than I thought he was actually, especially compared to some of the dinosaurs he made his bones with like david chase

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was cool that stewart lee annihilated chapelle in his last show in such an arcane stewart lee way that no outsider could even comprehend what had happened

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

My son is also named elgort

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

poisonpill posted:

I mean, it’s based on a book written by a white guy who lived in Tokyo. Not to say he didn’t have that perspective, but it’s his story. (At least, the parts that he didn’t make up lol)

I accept the show as mildly entertaining for what it is but it's far from the book, which was mainly about how working at a japanese company was weird and kinda sucked, and not so much about eg ninja attacks

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You really feel the lumbering nature of disney. You guys like baby yoda (fad from 4 years ago, potentially 6-7 years ago by the time this movie is actually releasing), right

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He worked at a japanese company for several years and it sucked. That's about as far as I would trust him and honestly mostly what I remember from the book, though it has been almost 15 years since I read it at this point(!?!?)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Putting on reacher for my dad must be what putting on the gorilla channel is like for trump. Total, instant pacification. I wish I knew such peace

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The druck man kinda had it tough. I think in many other years he could have had his ego validated, but there was no chance whatsoever going against succession

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cubone posted:

Bloodsport owns

I'm not sure if this post is part of the "fake true stories about white dudes becoming the most important person in secret asia" conversation or the "uncontrollable boners" conversation

It's actually part of the gorilla channel conversation

quote:

We hadn't been airborne long when Trump decided to watch a movie. He'd brought along "Michael," a recent release, but twenty minutes after popping it into the VCR he got bored and switched to an old favorite, a Jean Claude Van Damme slugfest called "Bloodsport," which he pronounced "an incredible, fantastic movie." By assigning to his son the task of fast-forwarding through all the plot exposition—Trump's goal being "to get this two-hour movie down to forty-five minutes"—he eliminated any lulls between the nose hammering, kidney tenderizing, and shin whacking. When a beefy bad guy who was about to squish a normal-sized good guy received a crippling blow to the scrotum, I laughed. "Admit it, you're laughing!" Trump shouted. "You want to write that Donald Trump was loving this ridiculous Jean Claude Van Damme movie, but are you willing to put in there that you were loving it, too?"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What is up with baby yoda in that concept art anyway. He's not looking too good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

AI Art looks like poo poo, no wonder he doesn't look good.

I was going to call it AI art but held off considering it is signed by someone and they did actually use it in the press release, it's not just some disbussingfilm poo poo. If it is something someone sincerely tried to make, probably not a good sign

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I mean what other other star trek story structures are there? Some assholes on a planet present some dilemma? Played out

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm pretty ignant as well but I feel like it's sort of like a less severe version of the reunification of korea problem, where you have to ask if you really want to reunite with a bunch of malnourished people who have no useful skills. But I understand it's probably beautiful country and has a certain romantic appeal and such

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

anyway as a dumb foreigner i think reuniting with north ireland is wack because afaik NI is a province of the UK? and who the gently caress would want to join the UK

That's basically what I was trying to say. Sorry I thought it would be obvious

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The thing about america is there are a lot of costcos. Don't get me wrong that's definitely no comfort to anyone outside the country but it does mitigate some of the problems internally

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Looks like the beekeeper reviews are dropping, high praise abounds

quote:

Statham excels as a straight-faced goof. Between his glower and the movie’s high-quality production values, this brain cell-destroying schlock resembles an earnest drama.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'll make the wiki. Now in fairness this is not so large a task because it can simply be an extension of the existing thread wiki

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Alan is very talented, I've long liked his stuff. If nathan fielder is the kwisatz haderach, alan is one of the might have beens

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's enjoyable to know that the youths make encyclopedic wikis about eg the injokes of their discord servers and such. In about 10-15 years you will be able to remind them of this to kill them instantly

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Maybe I'm hopelessly biased but I feel like bad as that was eg this is way worse, perhaps just because it's current year http://joepedia.wikidot.com/

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I had to drop the curse, it's unwatchable for me, but even I have to acknowledge being impressed by how thoroughly it was carried out. In the extended dune metaphor here, it's most like when paul killed 61 billion people

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm glad nathan's also doing rehearsal season 2. That show was a level of nathan-ness I could stomach better

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wonder if it's worse than the time dave filoni tried to write a high stakes senate hearing full of political intrigue

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would simply watch andor, the famous show about andor

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The rare uncontroversial glenn

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like rich evans is really feeling his oats lately. But who can blame him, he's got his poo poo together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I was thinking to watch it today, but I feel like if it ultimately turns out to be bad getting baited by true detective for the third fuckin time would forever mark me as a ding dong