Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Gripweed posted:

Allegedly we're getting a third Venom movie.

Also a third Spider-verse cartoon movie, IIRC. I liked the first two Spider-verse movies and thought the first two Venom movies were pretty okay (high praise, I know), so I'll probably check out their respective third installments whenever they come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Rageaholic posted:

Just watched Naked Lunch and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :psyboom:

I remember going to see that in the theaters, I was on a big Cronenberg kick at the time. I should watch it again one of these days.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

trilobite terror posted:

are you older than rich evans

Nobody is older than Rich Evans

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Vim Fuego posted:

shehulk's cgi dumper

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

X JAKK posted:

But she poops from there! :gonk:

That's why she was twerking, just trying to shake them suckers outta there

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

CaptainBeefart posted:

You can watch Disney+ anywhere.

Sitting on the bus or train, watching D+ on my phone, just thinking of those three magic words:

Vim Fuego posted:

shehulk's cgi dumper

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

poisonpill posted:

Get me a girl with a Dreamworks face and a Pixar rear end

I wasn't aware that LL Cool J had updated "Around the Way Girl" for modern listeners

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
The Yoda booty dance should be the Disney+ rear end

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
E: ^^^ :argh:

Outpost22 posted:

What's Paramount+'s biggest rear end? Is it Parltrick Stewart?

Kelsey Grammer

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Remember how no one from the business side REALLY thought it would work and they made a financially constrained 6 episode series shot on black and white 16mm because the studio wouldn't give Darabont money for colour or 24mm if he wanted to shoot on film? And that series was hugely successful so they fired Darabont and a bunch of crew, forced it to have 22 episode seasons shot digitally but still wouldn't give the production enough money to have more than one location so season 2 was just non stop whining at the farm house?

The executive mind virus is everywhere, not just Disney.

The best part was Darabont wanted to start season 2 out with a flashback episode that was basically "The Fall of Atlanta", to show just how hosed things got in the early days, and the execs were like "lol no" and they spent the whole season on that goddamn farm.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

X JAKK posted:

Im sorry Desolation of Smaug permanently crippled the New Zealand film industry and you take your frustrations out by munching goofy pills and making internet strangers feel bad about themselves, ill try to be a better friend to you Kingo.

It still never fails to make me chuckle that the NZ government hosed over their actors' union in the hopes of becoming the permanent home of Hobbit-related poo poo, only for Amazon to go "we're going to film our new LotR series in the UK" instead

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

I sure hope they get Jack Black and Lizzo back in to marvel at more of Grogu's wacky antics at the dinner table

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's a really loving bad title for the movie. They're better off calling it "Baby Yoda."

But with "Grogu and The Mandalorian" instead

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 9, 2024

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Let he who hasn't had attractive Japanese women throw money at them and demand sexual satisfaction cast the first stone

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Miike, Jaay, and Riich

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Crescent Wrench posted:

I'm always open for Miike recs, I consistently dig his films but it's an intimating filmography.

The first Miike film I ever saw was Gozu, which is basically "what if Battles Without Honor or Humanity had been condensed down into a single film, and that single film was written and directed by David Lynch"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

conservatives want scenes of chaos and terror and immigrants with blue hair getting gay married. the prefer to whip themselves into a loving frenzy

They want shows where those things happen and then a studly white Christian male shows up to put things right, so it's really more of a power fantasy than anything else

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Arc Hammer posted:

I will gladly cop to this if it means more making GBS threads on Steven Moffat.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Just a reminder:

Vim Fuego posted:

shehulk's cgi dumper

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

FishBowlRobot posted:

Can’t wait to see She Palpatine twerk with Ice Spice

Palpatine vs. Yoda round 2, but this time it's a booty dance-off

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Imperial Officer: (seeing Chewie's CGI dumper) Where are you taking this...thing?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Ice "I'm voting for Trump because the Democrats want to potentially tax my money" Cube

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Ice Cube is wack like crack and that's a SHOOT, brother

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

henkman posted:

Glenn Danzig owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0V8cNyns5k

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Space Kablooey posted:

My pet theory is that Danzig doesn't actually know anything about how music is produced

(Looks at Danzig 5: Blackacidevil) Yep, checks out

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

roomtone posted:

the lighthouse is a film that features human poo poo

Why'd ya spill yer beans

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Frank Frank posted:

endless yoda booty dances as far as the eye can see

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Cubone posted:

in a sense. Jeffrey Katzenberg had a weird fixation on Jerry Seinfeld lol

he'd been trying to get him to make a cartoon with him for more than a decade, and Seinfeld was having dinner with Spielberg and made a crack about making a b-movie about insects, so Spielberg got Katzenberg on the phone, and Seinfeld was like "ok... I don't want to leave new york though. in fact, I absolutely will not do that for more than a week at a time. :spergin:"
so they tried flying him down to l.a. once a month, and it wasn't really working, so Katzenberg paid to have a then-extremely-high-tech $350,000 teleconferencing system installed in Seinfeld's office. (so they could make Bee Movie)

I can't really blame Seinfeld for not wanting to leave NYC, though, after the last time he flew to L.A., an experience that he describes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj0-v_lnYY

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

I didn't see this yet, but I did recently watch Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla and its sequel, Terror of Mechagodzilla, both highly recommended (if you like your giant monster movies to be slightly silly at times)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

While I'm sure the goal with this pic was "look how sexy Dua Lipa's legs are", all I can see is Henry Cavill getting ready to powerbomb her

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Vakal posted:

Amazon went straight from showing ads for a spy series starring Kaley Cuoco, to ads for the spy movie Argyle, to ads for the spy series Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

What the gently caress triggered the sudden resurgence of spy based properties?

Probably because they're (slightly) cheaper to make than superhero punchman moopies, while also having the same amount of franchise potential, would be my guess

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Perhaps it might be prudent to wait and see how the first movie based on a new IP does, before announcing the grand plans for franchising the poo poo out of it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
You can tell the filmmakers knew that Argylle had the stench of failure all over it, because some conspiracy theories started cropping up online about how the person who wrote the (currently still unpublished) book that the movie is based on, is actually Taylor Swift writing under a pen name. They were so desperate to make that movie a blockbuster hit that they pretty obviously made up stories to try and leech off Swift's popularity and fame. :rolleyes:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I sure am interested in how a lion discovers its rhythm and how it conducts itself, let me tell you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
The funniest thing about Argylle is that it's supposedly an adaptation of the fourth book out of a series of books, none of which have been published yet IIRC, with a clearly manufactured "conspiracy theory" about how they were written by Taylor Swift under a pen name. Oh, and the director said "George Lucas started with Episode IV of Star Wars, and that worked out pretty well for him" when asked why he didn't just start with the first book in the series

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

jeeves posted:

Also the movie looks bad and stupid?

Well yeah, but there have been some pretty bad and stupid movies that went on to be very successful regardless, so that's not necessarily an indicator

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

never heard of this. I was never under the impression that he'd written 3 prior movies, but i figured starting with "EPISODE IV" was a nod to the old serialized space operas he's clearly aping

The rumor I'd heard as a kid, back in Ye Olden Tymes :corsair:, was that Lucas had written nine Star Wars movies, and being eager for more wars in the stars, we couldn't wait for him to make them all. Then one day, for some reason, the original Star Wars was now "Episode IV", and the other two movies were Episodes V and VI. We never got to see any of the other six movies from the rumored Lucas scripts, at least not until 1999; and after seeing the prequels, most of us (who'd gone from being starry-eyed children to cynical adults with jobs and bills) definitely thought that he really shouldn't have bothered.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Keep Matthew Painting's name out ya fuckin mouth

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I guess Elon finally realized Grimes ain't gonna get back together with him, might as well spend that money to impress a new lady

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

First of May posted:

Chris Pratt is a dumb entitled rear end in a top hat and I would trade places with him in a heartbeat.

This but back when he was with Anna Faris :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Outpost22 posted:

Mocking someone for their religion is pretty cringe, ngl.

Couldn't agree more, it's about time someone stood up for Tom Cruise and Scientology, frankly